test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Endless Server not responding

kidamarkidamar Member Posts: 64 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Ok for 2 months now I have been having a server not responding issue on my main character. I have submitted ticket after ticket and still the issue has yet to be resolved. My character was moved to a different sector block and I was able to log in, but only in space. Once I tried to move from space map to ground map I got the same Endless server not responding message again. I MUST STRESS!!!! None of the tech options nor explanations that were provided me worked or had any relevance to help solve the issue. My connection was also not the issue as I allowed my fleet leader who lives in a totally different country to try and access my character. We both had the same results [Endless server not responding] I offered several different methods to try and resolve the issue, many of which I wound up taking a huge loss however I have not been successful in getting any help or customer service this this regard. Kinda makes one wonder if GMS hate certain players for asking for help.....
Post edited by kidamar on

Comments

• Options
    sasdeansasdean Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Kidamar:

You are not alone in this issue. I've had a problem with "server not responding" issues since "Hearts and Minds" ended and tech support has failed to correct it. They've made "suggestions," but are apparently lacking in training, ability or motivation to actually correct the problem. Like you, I have also gleaned that the problem resides at PWE/STO and not in my ISP carrier or computer. Try accessing Champions or another game to see what results you get.

It is time to start writing complaint letters to the management of Cryptic Studios at 980 University Avenue, Los Gatos, CA 95032 and Perfect World Entertainment, Inc. at 1001 East Hillsdale Boulevard, Suite 800, Foster City, CA 94404. (Those were the most readily available recent addresses I could find in a quick net search.) In fairness, we should first provide management a chance to investigate and correct the problem. If a second letter becomes necessary after that, I'll offer you an entity to write who I've found successful in influencing businesses.

Kindest regards,

Sasdean

P.S. Google Cryptic's Better Business Bureau rating and see what you find. It will be illuminating...
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can log in most attemptes.. then lag then server not respond until disconnect, then log in again server not respond log in start cycle again.. very annoying.. thought the gold membership had better success, was wrong.. wish I could get a refund for this month since its "log in and drop online"....
  • Options
    kidamarkidamar Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sasdean wrote: »
    Kidamar:

You are not alone in this issue. I've had a problem with "server not responding" issues since "Hearts and Minds" ended and tech support has failed to correct it. They've made "suggestions," but are apparently lacking in training, ability or motivation to actually correct the problem. Like you, I have also gleaned that the problem resides at PWE/STO and not in my ISP carrier or computer. Try accessing Champions or another game to see what results you get.

It is time to start writing complaint letters to the management of Cryptic Studios at 980 University Avenue, Los Gatos, CA 95032 and Perfect World Entertainment, Inc. at 1001 East Hillsdale Boulevard, Suite 800, Foster City, CA 94404. (Those were the most readily available recent addresses I could find in a quick net search.) In fairness, we should first provide management a chance to investigate and correct the problem. If a second letter becomes necessary after that, I'll offer you an entity to write who I've found successful in influencing businesses.

Kindest regards,

Sasdean

P.S. Google Cryptic's Better Business Bureau rating and see what you find. It will be illuminating...

I have waited 2 months for management to do something and week in and week out I have the same issue. They make stupid tykens rift patches and dumb cartoonish consoles and fail in the areas where help is most needed. I will work on a letter and send It certified so it has to be signed for. This way I know someone will see and read the letter.
  • Options
    dauntlessf05dauntlessf05 Member Posts: 268 Media Corps
    edited September 2013
    It's be extremely bad for me the past 24 hours..
    Check out my STO Cinematic Videos: ZEFilms Youtube Channel
    Follow me on Twitter: @ZEFilms_STO
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    All:

Anyone else notice that the C-Store is working while your getting the "Server Not Responding?"

I still cannot stay in the game server for more than about two minutes after logging on, but I noticed that as an experiment.

Sasdean
  • Options
    drazi1109drazi1109 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    been dc'd 4 times now with server not responding, what is the problem?
  • Options
    djcenglanddjcengland Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Don't usually have the "Server not responding issue".

I certainly do now though.

IMHO it's the last patch that has caused it.
  • Options
    drazi1109drazi1109 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    drazi1109 wrote: »
    been dc'd 4 times now with server not responding, what is the problem?

Crptic sort THIS OUT will you,
  • Options
    artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    djcengland wrote: »
    Don't usually have the "Server not responding issue".

I certainly do now though.

IMHO it's the last patch that has caused it.

This. /10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Same issue here. Was fine up until this afternoon, now constant 'server not responding' and disconnects. Game unplayable right now. Glad I'm not a Gold member so at least I'm not wasting cash as well as time.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    raketh1raketh1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Same here - it was fine up until today. I can't stay in game for more than 1 to 2 minutes before being disconnected from the server. The games practically unplayable for me, which is unacceptable - especially consiering I'm paying for Gold membership. :/
  • Options
    risur300risur300 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have the same problem.
    I get on and will only be on for a minute and I get the message 'server not responding' in red across my screen.
    It has been happening all afternoon today and so the game is unplayable.
    I have re-installed the game, restarted PC and router/network several times but nothing has helped at all.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Gentlemen:

I had a second computer besides the one that now suffers with the "Server Not Responding" issue. It had an older patch on it. I plugged it in and it works perfectly. Two computers, same router, one with the old program (non-ARC) works perfectly, the second that had the recent patch (appx, 21 SEP 13) has the "Server Not Responding" issue." Please feel free to write complaint letters to the addresses listed in my previous posts.

Kindest regards,

Sasdean