test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - September 27, 2013

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.35.20130908a.18

New Feature!
  • Storming the Spire 5 Man Event
    • This is a new five man, 15 minute event that is available from the queue at any time.
    • The event is playable by mixed Starfleet, Klingon Defense Force, and Romulan Republic captains.
    • This event is designed for teams of level 50 characters and has both Normal and Elite Difficulty.
    • The Voth have started an assault on an alien base. Their goal is to steal alien technology from the base. The players are tasked with stopping the assault while allied troops retake the base.
      • Players will need to destroy Voth Troop Transports while protecting their Allied Troop Transports.
    • After a period of time the Voth will try to escape with the alien technology.
      • During this phase, a dreadnought will be beaming the technology aboard while shuttles carrying the technology will try to escape on the opposite side of the base.
    • This event rewards Fleet Marks based off:
      • The percentage of friendly troops on the base.
      • How many shuttles were stopped.
      • If the dreadnaught was destroyed.
      • Currently, Fleet Marks is a placeholder reward.

General
  • Lobi is now bind on account!
    • Lobi can now be traded between all characters on an existing account through the account bank.
    • Lobi cannot be traded to other players or placed on the exchange.
    • This change will work on all existing lobi you?re already collected as well as all future earned lobi.
    • The Lobi tutorial that would reward a single Lobi is now once per account
  • Tyken?s Rift
    • The base value of the periodic power drain has been increased by approximately 50%
    • The bonus from Aux Power has been decreased to less than half of its prior potential.
    • The base kinetic damage dealt by this power has been increased by about 35%
  • Reverted unintentional changes that had been introduced to the female proportions

Known Issues:
  • Some ground maps may be missing some textures such as trees.
  • The Foundry will unavailable temporarily.
  • Pirate Trait is not being applied correctly to Captains.
  • Romulan Captains cannot rearrange their HUD in system space.
  • Fleet members do not display in the fleet roster.
  • Ships are translucent in the character select screen.
  • Polish on the Voth critters groups is not complete.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Interesting patch notes. Would love to try the Storming the Spire event.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • inkrunnerinkrunner Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm a silver player...:o

So... has anyone even tried this thing yet?

If so, what's it like?
    2iBFtmg.png
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ummm, IIRC Lobi was changed to account bound on holodeck with yesterdays patch. I got all my lobi from all characters sitting in my account bank as I type, is it still being tested ?
    :confused:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • matixzonmatixzon Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    When someone gets to playing it, post screenshots (I want to see the voth in-game).
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Ummm, IIRC Lobi was changed to account bound on holodeck with yesterdays patch. I got all my lobi from all characters sitting in my account bank as I type, is it still being tested ?
    :confused:

But it wasn't Account Bound on Tribble yet (only Holodeck and Redshirt), and now it is with this patch :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    But it wasn't Account Bound on Tribble yet (only Holodeck and Redshirt), and now it is with this patch :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I was under the impression that Tribble was the test server for patches bound for holodeck. I appologise for mis-confused for the past 18 months.
    ;)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Isn't versioning a wonderful thing? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I was under the impression that Tribble was the test server for patches bound for holodeck. I appologise for mis-confused for the past 18 months.
    ;)

You're mostly right. :)

Most of the year, Tribble is meant for testing patches to Holodeck (whether those are for the very next patch or a few weeks down the line).

Once a new Season is upon STO, Redshirt serves that purpose. Tribble becomes the new Season's testing server in a sense.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ah, decided not to break every female character model after all, I see.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh well looks like im gonna be gettin me some dino action tonight ( all right!!!! ).
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ;)

It is unless Redshirt is up, then Redshirt is the test server for the most recent patch and Tribble becomes the test server usually for the next Season/Expansion.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    entnx01 wrote: »
    You're mostly right. :)

Most of the year, Tribble is meant for testing patches to Holodeck (whether those are for the very next patch or a few weeks down the line).

Once a new Season is upon STO, Redshirt serves that purpose. Tribble becomes the new Season's testing server in a sense.

Bingo!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited September 2013

What happened?
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    new npc faction is live huh? will have to check them out
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Is the female character issue fixed?

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    inkrunner wrote: »
    I'm a silver player...:o

So... has anyone even tried this thing yet?

If so, what's it like?

go gold it is this way on SWTOR need to be subscrire or get life time sub when it comes around again
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    General
    • Reverted unintentional changes that had been introduced to the female proportions

This is what I have with a Demorecord:

Holodeck:
    http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/cerritouru/screenshot_2013-09-27-20-43-33.jpg

Tribble:
    http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/cerritouru/screenshot_2013-09-27-20-44-32.jpg

This, with all the respect, is not even close to be fixed. Not even near of a fix.

Cryptic, we are not asking for much here.. if this cannot be fixed, we are ok with that.. we dont need this changes.. just reverse the changes and let Holodeck as it is now.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Another 5 man that gives substandard rewards to those without regular teams, great gear, or specialized load outs? Il pass on this, the Omega standard remains top dog for efficiency.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cidstorm wrote: »
    Another 5 man that gives substandard rewards to those without regular teams, great gear, or specialized load outs? Il pass on this, the Omega standard remains top dog for efficiency.

Read harder, FM are placeholders. It will reward new Voth marks for the imminent 4th reputation.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So does this mean that Season 8 is officially on Tribble now considering that the Voth are now available? Legacy of Romulus started off with the Trait System and new character creation screen when it was sent to Tribble.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    So does this mean that Season 8 is officially on Tribble now considering that the Voth are now available? Legacy of Romulus started off with the Trait System and new character creation screen when it was sent to Tribble.

No, it seems that just the new PvE event is up.
    If S8 were on test, the patch notes would be a lot bigger.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    No, it seems that just the new PvE event is up.
    If S8 were on test, the patch notes would be a lot bigger.

If this event is not introduced to Holodeck until Season 8, then Season 8 is now on Tribble IMO. As I mentioned in my other post, Legacy of Romulus had just the Character Creation screen and Trait System when it first went to Tribble. So it doesn't matter the size of the patch notes, but when it will get to Holodeck. If this event gets to the Holodeck in the next couple of weeks, then it is not part of Season 8. If this event gets to the Holodeck in a couple of months with all the other Season 8 content, then it is part of Season 8 and Season 8 is now on Tribble.
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Read harder, FM are placeholders. It will reward new Voth marks for the imminent 4th reputation.

Think harder. I compared it to the omega reputation system because I knew it would be for the Voth rep system. If it even manages to give as many Voth points as an elite Borg mission does omega rep I bet you won't be getting 900+ dilithium or a decent chance at a mk 12 purple item.

The devs aren't making multiple worthwhile 5 mans because the reputation system won't be doing anything other than growing. I'm just about ready to jump off this train, it's not slowing down or changing direction, and it's not challenging or rewarding beyond the sparse elite content.
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Relax.

Geko said it would be different. Let's wait.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Relax.

Geko said it would be different. Let's wait.

First mistake, never trust anything Geko says. ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Remember a time when new lifeforms didn't just attack us out of the blue? :rolleyes:

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is the female character issue fixed?

What was this issue I keep hearing about?
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • pfreemanpfreeman Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The Foundry will unavailable temporarily.

come again?

peter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2013

that's the problem with most is they don't read things they glance at the words then assume.

will check out the new event this weekend and give my feedback on it.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    If this event is not introduced to Holodeck until Season 8, then Season 8 is now on Tribble IMO. As I mentioned in my other post, Legacy of Romulus had just the Character Creation screen and Trait System when it first went to Tribble. So it doesn't matter the size of the patch notes, but when it will get to Holodeck. If this event gets to the Holodeck in the next couple of weeks, then it is not part of Season 8. If this event gets to the Holodeck in a couple of months with all the other Season 8 content, then it is part of Season 8 and Season 8 is now on Tribble.

the Voth are part of season 8 so in a sense we will not see this event till then, so yes this is a part of S8 but not nearly all of it but just a piece as in previous season/expansion test they put out a little at a time then open it all up for one big weekend test before it goes to holodeck, just be patient and you will see that this is only just the begining of S8 content to hit tribble, more than likely future notes will mention S8 of some type.
    Think harder. I compared it to the omega reputation system because I knew it would be for the Voth rep system. If it even manages to give as many Voth points as an elite Borg mission does omega rep I bet you won't be getting 900+ dilithium or a decent chance at a mk 12 purple item.

The devs aren't making multiple worthwhile 5 mans because the reputation system won't be doing anything other than growing. I'm just about ready to jump off this train, it's not slowing down or changing direction, and it's not challenging or rewarding beyond the sparse elite content.

the new rep coming to S8 is going to be different than past rep and if it goes well and people like it then the previous rep will be change to match if you jump ship so be it, but most likely you will miss out on the goods then gripe that you did jump ship.