test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Veteran rewards problems

tanglepixietanglepixie Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I've never had this problem before a couple of weeks ago, but any new character I create doesn't get the veteran rewards they're supposed to, bar the 100 day one. Anyone else having this problem?

For the record I'm both a lifetime subscriber and an actual 1000+ day veteran.

I created a ticket but after getting an in-game mail telling me it had been updated all I found in the View My Tickets section was an empty space where my ticket used to be. All they seem to have done is delete the ticket; the problem's not been fixed.
Post edited by tanglepixie on

Comments

• Options
    kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think they get the rewards after you finish the tutorial, or al level 5 or 10
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    new characters are awarded the Vet rewards at Level 5.

'nuff said
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've never had this problem before a couple of weeks ago, but any new character I create doesn't get the veteran rewards they're supposed to, bar the 100 day one. Anyone else having this problem?

For the record I'm both a lifetime subscriber and an actual 1000+ day veteran.

I created a ticket but after getting an in-game mail telling me it had been updated all I found in the View My Tickets section was an empty space where my ticket used to be. All they seem to have done is delete the ticket; the problem's not been fixed.
    Are you level 5 on those other characters? I have found that to get the other veteran rewards, you have to be level 5 to actually unlock them. If you just started the character, then do a little bit more and get to level 5 to actually be able to use the 200 to 1000 day veteran rewards.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Well, you are all, of course, absolutely correct. The rest of the veteran rewards do indeed trigger at L5 these days. I'd love to know why Cryptic felt it necessary to change that, but I'm grateful that it's not actually a bug. Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well, you are all, of course, absolutely correct. The rest of the veteran rewards do indeed trigger at L5 these days. I'd love to know why Cryptic felt it necessary to change that, but I'm grateful that it's not actually a bug. Thanks for the help.
    I was under the impression that it was always that way.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I was under the impression that it was always that way.

It wasn't, no. I was previously able to claim my android bridge officer (700 day reward) from L1. I didn't actually notice I hadn't got the post-100 day rewards until I was standing at the bridge officer vendor. Also I checked some of my older characters and the Logs record that they were given all the veteran titles (Valiant, Redoubtable, etc.) in one go just before the tutorial started and before the first increase in grade.

Having said that, this was the first non-Romulan I'd created since LoR came out, so it's possible that it's been like that since the expansion and I'd just not noticed.