test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Falchion Warbird build advice

redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
I recently hit level cap on my romulan engi toon, and decided to buy the falchion, it seems to be really good, and I'm just wondering if there's ways i can improve my build. Btw, i'm usually a strict PvE player so keep that in mind.
Fore weapons: x4 Mk XI [Dmg]x2 [Acc] Antiproton Dual Cannons, Mk XII [Acc]x2 [Dmg Chroniton Torpedo Launcher.
Aft Weapons, x3 Mk XII [Acc]x2 [Dmg] Chroniton Torpedo Launcher.
Shield Array: Covarient Shield Array Mk XII [Cap]x2 [Pla]
Engi Consoles: x4 Mk XI very rare RCS accelerators
Sci Consoles: x2 Mk XI very rare Shield Generators, Special console secondary shields
Tac Consoles: x3 Mk XI Very Rare Antiproton Mag Regulators
Hanger: Scorpion Fighters.

I'm working on the Omega Rep projects to get the borg stuff, so I'll add borg tech later.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    redz4tw wrote: »
    I recently hit level cap on my romulan engi toon, and decided to buy the falchion, it seems to be really good, and I'm just wondering if there's ways i can improve my build. Btw, i'm usually a strict PvE player so keep that in mind.
    Fore weapons: x4 Mk XI [Dmg]x2 [Acc] Antiproton Dual Cannons, Mk XII [Acc]x2 [Dmg Chroniton Torpedo Launcher.
    Aft Weapons, x3 Mk XII [Acc]x2 [Dmg] Chroniton Torpedo Launcher.
    Shield Array: Covarient Shield Array Mk XII [Cap]x2 [Pla]
    Engi Consoles: x4 Mk XI very rare RCS accelerators
    Sci Consoles: x2 Mk XI very rare Shield Generators, Special console secondary shields
    Tac Consoles: x3 Mk XI Very Rare Antiproton Mag Regulators
    Hanger: Scorpion Fighters.

I'm working on the Omega Rep projects to get the borg stuff, so I'll add borg tech later.

Since you're still working for rep gear, that is good.

One big suggestion might be looking at replacing the scorpions with romulan drones.... I drive a scim myself and got Adv Rom drones and haven't looked back. (they cost 30,250 dil via the dil store, expensive but worth if for the damage the can dish out, especially when they level)
  • redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    tekehd wrote: »
    Since you're still working for rep gear, that is good.

One big suggestion might be looking at replacing the scorpions with romulan drones.... I drive a scim myself and got Adv Rom drones and haven't looked back. (they cost 30,250 dil via the dil store, expensive but worth if for the damage the can dish out, especially when they level)
    Yeah, I knew i had to get new hangar pets lol, question, as this rommie is more focused towards a DPS tank, is shield repair pets any good?
  • buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is shield repair pets any good?

No.

I would recommend 3 turrets in the rear instead of torps. Duel Heavy cannons instead of duels (I actually prefer regular cannons for the large arc)
    edited September 2013
    No.

I would recommend 3 turrets in the rear instead of torps. Duel Heavy cannons instead of duels (I actually prefer regular cannons for the large arc)

Someone in my fleet told me that Duel cannons were better than DH because of the more hits they deliver, i noticed they have the same DPS though so idk what's the diff?
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Someone in my fleet told me that Duel cannons were better than DH because of the more hits they deliver, i noticed they have the same DPS though so idk what's the diff?

From what i remember, DHC's are better if you want overall damage, However because dual and quad cannons fire more shots in a quicker time they have a higher chance of delivering their proc.

So, Considering your using Antiproton, (Bonus Crit damage or something?) Dual cannons might not be a bad idea if you are going crit centric with your build. However, i wouldn't recommend going full just duals, I'd get at least 2 DHCs' in there to bump up the dps.
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    For a well rounded bird I highly recommend 2 DHC's, 1 DBB, 1 BA and 1 torp forward. 3 turrets aft, since the ship is a good turner but still lumber some most of your devastation comes from a frontal uncloaking assault. This layout will allow for a good balance of dps/power management from a frontal to side and some pew pew while flying by into engaging the battle cloak for a turn around.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited September 2013
    All right thanks!, Question though, aren't your shields severely weakened after decloaking as your power has to come up from zero? This will make a lot of hull damage for me if true :(
  • obsidianthunderobsidianthunder Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Get the console from the scim set that lets you keep shields when cloaked :P
    edited September 2013
    All right thanks!, Question though, aren't your shields severely weakened after decloaking as your power has to come up from zero? This will make a lot of hull damage for me if true :(

Depends on if you make use of the 2-3pc. set that allows for your shields to remain active even while cloaked!!!

edited September 2013
    Can you buy it on the exchange?
    edited September 2013
    Can you buy it on the exchange?

No, it is part of the 3pc. console set that comes with the 3 ship pack or the Tulwar dreadnought specifically.

edited September 2013
    I'll just have to create a Science Rommy then lol
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,862 Arc User
    edited September 2013

From what I know there are only really two things dual cannons are better with than dual heavies, and those are when using DEM and the Tetryon Glider from the two piece Omega set.

From what I've always been told dual heavies has a mechanic built into them so they proc as much as the duals, since you're currently using Antiproton there really is no proc to even worry about.

Why do you need to make a Science Romulan?
    edited September 2013
    For a Tulwar Dreadnought
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Dual heavies are a smidge better than non heavies when you're going for the best of the absolute best. For my part, when I got to 50 on my rom the purple mark 12 dual cannons were 80k credits each versus a million for the same grade and mark heavy variant, so I have no issues with running non heavies for now. The Scimitar does seem a bit big and sluggish for a weapon with such a small firing art. I use dual beam banks that have the same arc as a torpedo launcher on my scim and I can tell you it's a great asset when borg spheres are zipping over and around you at a break neck pace like their pants are on fire. :confused:
    edited September 2013
    on my scim I run 2x DHC's plasma blue-purple, and 2x DBB plasma blue-purple and a hyper-plasma forward, but I have some extra maneuverability owing to the three-piece dreadnought set, run three tac plasma infuser mk xii [blue] w/ the two peice singularity harness set, so it gives some nice DPS. Though I mostly PvE..... If I need to PvP I usually modify things abit, including borrowing the mkxii RCS's I keep on my old haakona.. but for PvE the three piece set generaly gives me enough maneuverability to keep my nose on targets.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,862 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    For a Tulwar Dreadnought

You don't need to make a new character for that unless you're saying you want to. I apologize if I get this wrong and you really do want a Romulan Sci, but you can pilot any ship with any class and you can buy faction ship including multiple ships on the same character if you want.
    edited September 2013
    Ok thanks to everyone that's helping, i'll have to look at dual beam banks, i use them on my oddy tac and they work good.
    edited September 2013
    I'll just have to create a Science Rommy then lol

U don't have to create a sci toon just because the tulwar has the console, it is a universal console exclusive to the Romulan dreadnoughts and can equipped on any of those 3 ships.

edited September 2013
    Oh ok, so I guess I'll buy the Tulwar next payday lol
  • asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    just a note: the only real difference between the various flavors of Dreadnought are the special console that comes with it (which can be swapped around) and the Console Layout.

the Scimitar has 5 tac console slots, but only 2 eng and 3 sci

the Tulwar has 5 Sci, 3 tac, and 2 eng

the Falchion is by far the most balanced and tanky, with 4 eng, 3 tac, and 3 sci

the special consoles that come with each type can be equipped onto any one of them tho, so you could easily buy the Tulwar and then take the console off it and put it on your Falchion.
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    some further advice:

decide whether you want Cannons or Beams.

either way u'll want 3 Turrets aft until you get enough Omega Rep for the Kinetic Cutting Beam, then slot that aft and lose a turret

as far as fore weapons, i'd suggest:

beams: 2 BAs, 2 DBBs, and a torp

Cannons: 2 SCs, 2 DHCs, and a torp

my suggestion on the torp would be a Quantum, until you can get to T4 Rom rep and get a Romulan hyper Plasma torp

also, if ur in a fleet, get yourself some Neutronium hull Plating [+Turn] from your fleet's Dil Mine
    Tenebris lux mea est
    edited September 2013
    some further advice:

decide whether you want Cannons or Beams.

either way u'll want 3 Turrets aft until you get enough Omega Rep for the Kinetic Cutting Beam, then slot that aft and lose a turret

as far as fore weapons, i'd suggest:

beams: 2 BAs, 2 DBBs, and a torp

Cannons: 2 SCs, 2 DHCs, and a torp

my suggestion on the torp would be a Quantum, until you can get to T4 Rom rep and get a Romulan hyper Plasma torp

also, if ur in a fleet, get yourself some Neutronium hull Plating [+Turn] from your fleet's Dil Mine

Not bad suggestions, but I will add some of my own also!!!

Fore: 2DHC's, 1DBB, 1BA and a torp of your choice
    Aft: 3Turrets or 2 and 1KCB or 2Turrets and 1BA or Torp

edited September 2013
    Thanks for the help, I'm a little in the dark about the fleet dilithium mine, what does it do exactly and what's the difference from fleet store? And which is a better energy type, AP or Polaron
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't have a Scimitar so this may be a stupid question...

You said you were going to use Scorpions Hanger. Doesn't the Scim come with the mimic Drones? Wouldn't those be better?
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the help, I'm a little in the dark about the fleet dilithium mine, what does it do exactly and what's the difference from fleet store? And which is a better energy type, AP or Polaron
    Fleet mine is somewhat similar to the fleet starbase except what goodies it offers up to the fleet, and as far as AP or Polaron is totally up to you and how you prefer to build around that energy type.
    I don't have a Scimitar so this may be a stupid question...

You said you were going to use Scorpions Hanger. Doesn't the Scim come with the mimic Drones? Wouldn't those be better?
    The answer is no it does not come with the Romulan drone ships, they need be purchased from the Ship equipment vendor for the common, advanced from the dilithium store or from your fleet vendor provided you are of high enough fleet lvl to get them. The Dreadnoughts come with common scorpion fighters is all when purchased.

edited September 2013
    Of note, the advanced drones are available from the dil store.... if you have a fleet starbase with a T5 com array, those are the elite drones (which are even better).