edited June 2015 in Ten Forward
weyoun..

see these 2 conniving...

watching Bab5 atm..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Now this is a hard one... I love both characters. But simply based on screen time and how integral he is to the story, Londo wins.
  • archanubisarchanubis Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Londo; you get a much better sense of how tragic a character Londo is than you do Weyoun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mr. Morden vs. Weyoun maybe?

edit:
    watching Bab5 atm..

In case you are watching it for the first time do yourself a favor and not open/follow threads on it. Simple things could be massive spoilers & its a show that works best when watching "unprepared" :)
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mr. Morden vs. Weyoun maybe?

Or maybe Bester and Weyoun.

I'd favor Weyoun over Morden, and Bester over Weyoun.
  • ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mr. Weyoun thinks he can outsmart the most devious man in the Centauri Republic? Oh, you Earthers have such a wonderful sense of humour...:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mr. Weyoun thinks he can outsmart the most devious man in the Centauri Republic? Oh, you Earthers have such a wonderful sense of humour...:D

I'm glad we have someone as unbiased and impartial as you, Ambassador. ;)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Have you seen Weyoun drunk? I don't think so.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Have you seen Weyoun drunk? I don't think so.

Bah, I cannot be blamed if Mr. Weyoun has no appreciation for the simpler joys of life!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited June 2015
    Weyoun, all of him, is a fine character, and quite enjoyable to watch. Weyoun 6 almost elevated the character to a new level as a tragic character, when he explained the genetic losses his people suffered to serve the Dominion. Unfortunately, Weyoun is largely oblivious to his tragedy, though he did realize he was likely missing something when considering art.

Londo, however, is almost Shakespearan as a character, and having G'Kar as his foil really makes it so. In the opening seasons he's not unlike Falstaff in his buffoonery, but as his tragic nature grows, he becomes something more like Titus Andronicus, outraged when his king makes peace with his greatest threat, forcing him eventually to come up with a vicious solution. In his death, he is a bit like Hamlet, who likewise died at the hands of one who was both enemy and friend, and in their deaths, defeat a greater enemy.

Londo's dialog, particularly in the character's wiser years, is superb, if not as poetic as G'Kar's. Londo is more straight to the point.