test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STF queue's bugged

earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This is seriously screwed, just went into a CSE, and it had already been failed. Not just the optional, but totally failed. And worse yet, it was still pulling fresh people into it. On top of that, when I left, it blocked me from entering ANY STF queue, and says I'm penalized for leaving, for the next hour. Seriously, this is totally screwed and needs to be fixed by yesterday, or this game is going to be a serious waste of my time anymore.:mad::mad::mad:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"
Post edited by earlnyghthawk on

Comments

• earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Update: On my Klin character, again, went into a CSE. This time it was from the very start. Some members of the team caused the failure of the STF. Again, there was no "Leave" buttom, and when I left, it gave this character a leaver penalty, so for another hour, I have another character unable to do any STF's. This is rapidly getting old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skullleaderrfbsskullleaderrfbs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We just failed and we all got the Mission Failed. As we went to leave it said you will receive mission fail penalty for leaving.
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Same here.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just got hit with this while trying to run a Cure Space Elite STF. We came in, the zone had already failed completely. We stuck around long enough to sanitize the area but still had to leave manually.
  • capnbacravencapnbacraven Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Happened to me too today. Joined queue, entered the game and the whole thing was failed, the whole thing and it was still pulling in other players when I was leaving. I left, and got a leavers penalty for an hour.

No fair.
  • dsarisdsaris Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is this just Cure?

Will put it on my avoid list.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The mission Que system was acting wonky before, from what you all are describing now shows it has been made even worse.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• darksharkulladarksharkulla Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah look into it this way.

You fail the optional. You fail the mission on Kang Elite (The Cure) and you dont get the option in OPS to get out so ofc you have to punch the exit to space.

And when everybody exits the map it doesnt close it registers as somebody just left so its gona pull in more and more ppl that will get the leaver ban ...

My advice avoid the cure untill its fixed or dont fail haha xD
    edited September 2013
    Yeah look into it this way.

You fail the optional. You fail the mission on Kang Elite (The Cure) and you dont get the option in OPS to get out so ofc you have to punch the exit to space.

And when everybody exits the map it doesnt close it registers as somebody just left so its gona pull in more and more ppl that will get the leaver ban ...

My advice avoid the cure untill its fixed or dont fail haha xD

I had a pug fail CSE shortly before the patch and we got the option to leave the map. This looks like something got broken and the leave option isn't coming up on a total fail like it should. Since you can't know whether or not you're getting into a clean CSE (or perhaps any STF at the moment) I'd say that folks should be aware that there's a new risk involved.
  • m3rc1l3ssonem3rc1l3ssone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just happened to a friend and I in Khitomer Vortex Elite, joined the pug failed on entry, exited and got blocked...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All the nerfs are belong to us.
  • nimaatrenimaatre Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Has happened to me twice so far, this desperately needs a fix, as it is unfairly shutting characters down for at least an hour at a time, and is blocking all PVE ques. Unless that changed somewhere and I missed the change, that's not meant to happen...
  • tequilla56tequilla56 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well cant say I have had that particular problem (Yet :-S) but I think I can go one better.

Join my usual Omega STF's. Wait.. Wait... Wait.. Comes up to enter game. So hit the Engage button.

Countdown Timer hits zero. Loading screen pops up... then Server lag, then disconnected from game server. Immediately re-log in. (heck should be quick enough not to cause too much disruption to the other players right)... Nope.. re-login puts me back into sector space. Unable to join any game.... (no message)... Just says cannot join from this map....

Ok.. Change Instance... Same. Enter DS9... Same. Fine. Log out character and log back in straight away. Bang 1 hour server leaver penalty.... WTF!!!! I didn't even get into the game to leave it and cop the ban.

Yup... definitely work required. Guess the next patch will see us all d'load 500mb to see a few tweaks to icons but no problems like this being solved... :(
  • earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Happened again today, on CSE, again. Got pulled into an already totally failed CSE, and this time, as someone else did, stuck around long enough (30+ minutes), to kill everything left on the map, and STILL got stuck with the damn leavers penalty. Personally, I'm beginning to feel Cryptic owes anyone getting nailed this way, max allowance of Omega marks, and BNPs (ie like 125 marks & 11 BNP's) per occurrence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tequilla56tequilla56 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Happened again today, on CSE, again. Got pulled into an already totally failed CSE, and this time, as someone else did, stuck around long enough (30+ minutes), to kill everything left on the map, and STILL got stuck with the damn leavers penalty. Personally, I'm beginning to feel Cryptic owes anyone getting nailed this way, max allowance of Omega marks, and BNPs (ie like 125 marks & 11 BNP's) per occurrence.

Frustration is understandable -- yes I copped this last night right before bonus marks hours so I could start grinding for romulan marks again.

Don't expect to receive any kind of bonus payback from Cryptic. Will never happen. Just be thankful if this problem is actually fixed inside the next six to twelve months. (would be nice for a change).

In the meantime... Simply limit yourself to missions that do not fail at all. Mundane and boreing and makes it hard to build your rep (lets face it, introduced as an end game idea instead of... hmm I dunno... increasing the level cap with release of Romulus like pretty much all mmorpg's do) which really discourages people from playing.

-- hmm seeing the whole FTP issue being raised again somewhere.... lol --
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    same problem, mission fail within the first 12 minute, not opional, full mission, was penalized for leaving a flop mission, Cryptic please fix this asap
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've noticed several things wrong with the leaver penalty.

First, I've been placed into instances that have been failed. Upon leaving (without waiting 15 min) I get the penalty.

Second, I'll enter an instance from the beginning and fail the mission. Again, I get the penalty upon leaving, this time after having been there for over 15 min.

Third, I was disconnected once during a load in. When I reclogged and tried to reload, I was in sector space, not the instance I was about to enter. And again, I got the penalty, caused this time by a D/C that was out of my hands.

Fourth, as mentioned, the penalty now somehow includes ALL fleet actions. I haven't figured this one out -- I thought it was only for STF's (or for missions that reward omega marks. I fool with my display list like that).

Which brings up another issue---once the penalty timer is going, the list will still show the non-stf missions as if they were available. BUT none will que in. Which begs the question -- why leave them displayed if we can't do them anymore?

Finally, the ONLY time a penalty isn't imposed is when a mission is successfully completed. Once I was in a failed instance and waited until I was the last one on the map before I left. No luck -- penalty still enforced.

I realize they don't want us to progress an the game and do everything in their power t prevent us from getting (and refining) DIL. But this is ridiculous. I think they could at least SAY something rather than randomly punish us for playing.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • spaceseraphspaceseraph Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This broken system and its unreliable fail safes are all messed up. It's been this way for who knows how long. Cryptic isn't willing to fix it, they don't feel threatened enough to fix it. We're gonna have to wait a whole six months at least.

Might as well just limit your play time and just check in for updates worth a damn.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    CSE just puged this mission cos i wonted to try out some new mk xii flett stuff i got as i know it would the mission failed. (cos nOOb cant wont read team chat)

any way no option came up to leave the map but as the mission had been going for 25 mins ish i thought it would be ok to do by the button next to mini map any way it give me a hour penilty now i cant keep testing my new mkxii fleet stuff.

im a long time player ive the elite team commander accolade on 4 chars so i know when i can leave the map its normally after 15 mins.
    GET THIS SORTED OUT.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • buayafederasibuayafederasi Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    well, that means when we entered CSE, we must fight for the mission to success no matter what, or face divine punishment from hell :D
    on the other hand, no more AFKers on CSE since last friday :D
  • originalfrans83originalfrans83 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Its happened to me twice this weekend. Both times it was CSE. Both times I now have the 1 hour penalty. The only reason I even log into the game is to run STFs with friends, and this is after the 6 month hiatus at the start of the year where the launcher wasn't working and they told me it was something on my end. Go figure, wait 6 months and the issue is magically resolved. Fix this Cryptic. Fix it fast. Or take out the leaver penalty until you do. These are your only options.
    edited September 2013
    So far I've only seen it in STF's that have a definitive failure mode. CSE and KSE. The other two, you could just sit there and never have a full out mission failure.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i got hit with this bug twice today, first time was failed as we started the mission and there was no leave icon at the top as there should be the only way to leave was to click the standard warp to sector icon and got slapped with a 1 hour penalty.
    the second time we seemed to start ok but the mission fail popped up realy quickly so not sure if it was our fault or not, same outcome as above with 1 hour penalty.
    its high time this bug was fixed and the worst part is it not only bans you from playing the cure space but all the other stf`s as well.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.