test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Updated Today (9/20/13) + Gold & Silver Member Tribble Access Update

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
UPDATE (9/20 @3:21PM): Tribble is back up!

Hello Captains,

We will be temporarily bringing Tribble down later today as we prepare it to be used for testing new code. We expect Tribble to be brought back up with a new build before the end of the day.

When Tribble does become available again, it will not be to test Season 8 content. We do have a testing plan for the content in Season 8 and will provide more updates on it as it becomes available. In the meantime, the upcoming patch notes for Tribble will include further details on what will be available for testing.

Additionally, when Tribble is brought back up, only Gold Members will be able to log into the server for the time being.

Thanks,

The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So if I understand correctly, only gold members will be able to test on tribble but there is nothing to test?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • megtrekkiemegtrekkie Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    So if I understand correctly, only gold members will be able to test on tribble but there is nothing to test?
    ]]

yep there only adding new code im gonna have a guess here there gonna do a character wipe to they wont do season 8 after they bring the feature story arc yet
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    chalpen wrote: »

...no. The post right above yours specifically says, "the upcoming patch notes for Tribble will include further details on what will be available for testing."
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the update, Bran. Eagerly waiting to see what is coming later today.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hello Captains,

We will be temporarily bringing Tribble down later today as we prepare it to be used for testing new code. We expect Tribble to be brought back up with a new build before the end of the day

Will this new code change the system requirements?
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Gold Members

I perfer to think of myself as being more of a gold Subscriber then a gold member.Don't know why but every time I read that I keep thinking austin powers.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Additionally, when Tribble is brought back up, only Gold Members will be able to log into the server for the time being.

Whenever I see 'for the time being', I have a feeling it will take a long time indeed. Is it just me?

As a silver, I sure like to jump on Tribble every now and then.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    Will this new code change the system requirements?

No, it shouldn't. This is the same process we go through before every season launches (except with the Gold/Silver Member access changes being something that was not done in the past).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    toiva wrote: »
    Whenever I see 'for the time being', I have a feeling it will take a long time indeed. Is it just me?

As a silver, I sure like to jump on Tribble every now and then.

You will have access to redshirt. that is coming up today.
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The thing to keep in mind, redshirt will be the 'test to live' server (where patches that arent involved in the season update go) and tribble will be 'teh new shiniez' (also sometimes known as where are the new broken stuff goes before its released to holodeck to be fixed after launch ;) )
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    robdmc wrote: »
    You will have access to redshirt. that is coming up today.

Yeah, just noticed.

Still isn't nice to be locked out of something (I smell an upcoming Season 8 testing, although not for a good month or so yet).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Will this be a permanent change, or will silver players be permitted on Tribble in the future? Thanks.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Will the Tribble test server changes include anything not planned to be included?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Will this be a permanent change, or will silver players be permitted on Tribble in the future? Thanks.
    It's a temporary thing, it'll be opened up to Silvers at a later time.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    iconians wrote: »
    Will the Tribble test server changes include anything not planned to be included?

No. This absolutely never, ever happens when we push a new code base to Tribble. Ever.

Not once.

Nope.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Will it spectacularly break the foundry?
  • captiancoppscaptiancopps Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So free to play members won't be able to see the new things unless they pay to see the new things? Is this what I'm understanding?
  • playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lot of good changes in this new tribble version. I hope some of them can see light in holodeck before s8, it will be great for pvp.
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    Tribble is back up :) As always, please remember that Tribble is a test server and can come down at anytime for updating.

Reminder: Only Gold Members will be able to log into the Tribble test server for the time being.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No. This absolutely never, ever happens when we push a new code base to Tribble. Ever.

Not once.

Nope.

Love you, Borty.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • raklau1971raklau1971 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No, it shouldn't. This is the same process we go through before every season launches (except with the Gold/Silver Member access changes being something that was not done in the past).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hi Brandon, you got me kind of curious as to why silvers are being locked out of Tribble for how ever long.

I understand that we might be given access at a later time but what's the difference?
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is a really good patch for PVP and also for some other stuff (fix on female legs, lol).

Hope it gets to Holodeck before S8.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Not once.

Nope.

Well, you Devs obviously have either short memories, or a memory block of past Tribble 'test events'. :eek:;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've been testing on tribble for the 3 years I've been playing this game, just because I've changed to silver doesn't mean I should get locked out of it after all that valuable time. That quite frankly is complete BS...

Maybe if you fixed your bugs I would reactivate my paying subscription...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I hope denying the majority of your playerbase the ability to test new content and thus ruling out a lot of feedback is not a long term fixture as I don't think that would go down very well with a lot of people, myself included.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • kargandarrkargandarr Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Where is the page that has information on the changes to tribble so that we as a player base can see what has been added to the server. I read each and every entry within this series of posts about tribble and do not see a link to the page containing the information about the changes and what has been added. Also, is there a date when those without a gold or lifetime membership can get into tribble again.
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No Access, so I guess former subscribers are out. So I can't test GW and TR fixes, which means that without crucial input, it's gonna get nerfed before I can even look at it.

Thanks for nothing, Cryptic.

PS: An easy way to avoid freepers is to send out emails for players like me who care about TRIBBLE testing.
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No Access, so I guess former subscribers are out. So I can't test GW and TR fixes, which means that without crucial input, it's gonna get nerfed before I can even look at it.

Thanks for nothing, Cryptic.

PS: An easy way to avoid freepers is to send out emails for players like me who care about TRIBBLE testing.

That would imply the one thing they haven't got, a lick of common sense...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    robdmc wrote: »
    I perfer to think of myself as being more of a gold Subscriber then a gold member.Don't know why but every time I read that I keep thinking austin powers.

Shmoke and a pancake? :P
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• hroothvitnirhroothvitnir Member Posts: 322
    edited September 2013
    Well, I was gonna find out how those GW changes worked out. But I guess not now. :confused:

YOU with the multiple sets of ship 3 packs, character upgrades and store Boffs/Doffs, and that lousy collectors edition box sitting about. We want none of your shiftless layabout behaviors here. And that fellow over there with the collectors box, romulan legacy shenanigans, and those preposterous loxbox ships you not our sort either. Shoo with the lot of you, begone now!
This discussion has been closed.