test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Haven't played for a while

borg9870borg9870 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
hey guys :)

I haven't played STO since a couple of weeks after the Romulans were made a playable faction, because i have been more focused on Kerbal Space Program and Europa Universalis 3 and i guess i just forgot about STO...

So, I would like to know, have there been any changes to the game since i have stopped playing that would be noticeable to me? Also, are Tholian ground units and interiors available in the foundry?
Post edited by borg9870 on

Comments

• Options
    nobscunobscu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Summer Event
    Free C-Store Giveway
    Carrier UI Update
    Dilithium Mine Holding
    Scimitar Warbirds
    Lockboxes came and went
    Romulan Veteran Rewards
    Romulan Tactical Warbirds
    Lobi Store Discounts
    Madonna's new 2413 single
    Terradome Removed
    Tholian and Elachi units in foundry
    I ran over a dog with my Chel Grett. Other than that, that's about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    When do you reckon we'll see "the final end" of lockboxes?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYvysL4qJvE
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    borg9870 wrote: »

Oh when PWE close down the servers, as that will mean there are no idiots left buying the keys.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lockboxes are what supply cash to the game. When they go the game goes. The game already failed as Subscription and C-Store - as has many other games. If it wasn't for all the idiots wanting all the pretty-pretties we'd now be playing some non-SciFi game. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    If it wasn't for all the idiots wanting all the pretty-pretties we'd now be playing some non-SciFi game. :)

What i was expecting when STO was announced is exactly what im gonna get with Star Citizen. I'll give you 5 seconds before someone makes a star trek mod and puts it on a public server (modders may be able to host there own servers) and it becomes insanely popular :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Citizen
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What i was expecting when STO was announced is exactly what im gonna get with Star Citizen. I'll give you 5 seconds before someone makes a star trek mod and puts it on a public server (modders may be able to host there own servers) and it becomes insanely popular :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Citizen
    As someone who's been involved with SC for many months and has made hundreds in donations, I doubt it very much. SC is a replacement for Eve Online not STO. It will be a fun, pretty sandbox full of people mining hour after hour for in-game money to buy ship upgrades and PvPing each other to death. You can already do that in Eve. :) Plus SC is slated for early 2015 release; and that's assuming it doesn't get delayed. A lot can happen in 18ish months.

As far as modders, I'd expect CBS and Paramount to come down fairly hard on them - especially when there are other Trek licenses for the taking, but only time will tell on that. Either way, good luck in getting what you hope for rather then what you get. I've been involved in dozens of games that promised the world pre-Alpha and Beta - including STO - but always came up short on Launch Day.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Ive just had another thought... (im still downloading STO) Have Xindi ground and space units been added to the foundry yet?
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    To the best of my knowledge, other than a few special edition Duty Officers, there are no Xindi in the game whatsoever at this point.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...