Options

Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #44

2»

Comments

• Options
    mav75mav75 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nice looking upgrade.

BUT considering that our fleet will have several major upgrades (mine development t3, mine t3, shipyard t5 and finally starbase t5) coming up in the next month or so... we'll pass.

Surely you understand :)
  • Options
    nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Brandon* ;)

We've held "Project Reruns" in the past, allowing fleets to slot and complete any missed, and I imagine we will again in the future. Additionally, the team is not ignoring feedback, as they have taken it into consideration. Lastly, the Starbases and Embassies were not abandoned -- the special projects that were planned for them have been released.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

And those project re-runs will be half the cost right? Just like we were promised waaaay back when Holdings were first released.

I'd hope to think we actually start seeing that happen.
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • Options
    cyckathcyckath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    karcorner wrote: »
    They want you to spend obnoxious amounts of dilithium for frivolous stuff because you COULd use it to get ZEN and buy stuff. So go ahead and spend dilithium on these "projects" then pay real money for ZEN. /sigh

I thought it was actually use real money to buy zen to buy items and trade for dil in the volumes required for all fleet projects?
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Project looks great, shame I'll never see it in game :(
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Guys, give it a break!

Yeah those projects cost quite some resources but it's your choice to slot them. This is a free to play game meaning that everything essential is accessible to you at no cost and you can keep it that way. If you want more and want to support the game you need to invest something. I for one quite like the mine upgrades we were able to get and I believe Cryptic has done a good job on them.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Another useless upgrade. Since there seems to be only 2 active members of the fleet we have stopped doing those as we have more important stuff to put our dilithium on, like upgrading the mine embassy or star base
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Obligatory whine about non-obligatory project costs. :rolleyes:
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Brandon* ;)

We've held "Project Reruns" in the past, allowing fleets to slot and complete any missed, and I imagine we will again in the future. Additionally, the team is not ignoring feedback, as they have taken it into consideration. Lastly, the Starbases and Embassies were not abandoned -- the special projects that were planned for them have been released.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Why are you still charging dilithium for these things? That's always been the biggest complaint I've seen about them, though recently it's been dropped - probably people just accepting that you're not going to change them to require Fleet Marks and/or GPL instead of dilithium - but given the massive amounts of dilithium being pumped into the Fleet Holding system on actual, functional stuff this fluff just seems like a waste to most people.

And on the topic of project reruns...why not just make them all available all the time once you've run through the initial release schedule? I mean I understand why you'd want to feature each one as you go - it's part of your PR scheme to keep them in the forefront of people's minds and keep them in the game, but once you're no longer releasing them? Limited window reruns really aren't going to earn you any friends when they still cost 200k dilithium a project.
  • Options
    codewarrior316codewarrior316 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Project looks great, shame I'll never see it in game :(

^this^

cool pix
  • Options
    draigondraigon Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    All these people complaining about dil costs on an optional project when there is still a serious concern...

When are we getting the project to get a paper bag for the Traffic Controller to wear?
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nice to know all the real problems in the game are solved, that someone had time to program pointless visuals at a place no one stays at long enough to notice.
  • Options
    trillscientisttrillscientist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Very nice project, makes the upper level seem less empty.
    However all the chairs are (again) not useable.

And could you please, PLEASE have the designers go over the upper level once more and modify the crystals along the outer edge of the upper level (near the windows)?
    There are 3 crystals on display on every side, and they are very obvious copy and paste jobs. Could you at least rotate/scale/mirror some of them to make it less obvious?
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nierion wrote: »
    And those project re-runs will be half the cost right? Just like we were promised waaaay back when Holdings were first released.

I'd hope to think we actually start seeing that happen.

I might actually consider polling my officers to see if we should slot one once in a blue moon if it were "on sale" for only 100K.

If it were 50K, I might queue up one per quarter.

But until we're T3/T5 in everything (ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!) I'm done queing up cosmetics for 200K.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    canis36 wrote: »
    Why are you still charging dilithium for these things? That's always been the biggest complaint I've seen about them, though recently it's been dropped - probably people just accepting that you're not going to change them to require Fleet Marks and/or GPL instead of dilithium - but given the massive amounts of dilithium being pumped into the Fleet Holding system on actual, functional stuff this fluff just seems like a waste to most people.

And on the topic of project reruns...why not just make them all available all the time once you've run through the initial release schedule? I mean I understand why you'd want to feature each one as you go - it's part of your PR scheme to keep them in the forefront of people's minds and keep them in the game, but once you're no longer releasing them? Limited window reruns really aren't going to earn you any friends when they still cost 200k dilithium a project.

why should you get a discount that i didnt? truth be told, people do pay the 200k, both at initial release and when rereleased. i dont think the beautifuls have ever missed one. on the second beautiful fleet we bought all of them at once during the rerun at 200k. we arent the only ones either. the NoP base/embassy/mine has all the projects unlocked as well. in fact, it occurs to me that every t5 base i have been on has them unlocked.
    if you dont think you can afford them, then dont queue them. but pls dont expect steep discounts.