test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug? Unable to color in ship taylor

rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This may be a bug, or a problem with my game client or an issue with my account.

Most, but not all of my ships are limited in my ability to color them. In most cases, the color boxes under material in the ship tailor has no effect on my ship's look.

I was complaining to a friend that the color squares/palette have no affect on my Risian Corvette, and he sent me a video of how it works for him. I was amazed at what I am missing!

I wonder if this is somehow related to or some character costume issues on my KDF Romulan (Who doesn't have ship tailor issues). My KDF Romulan has 2 costume slots that cannot be edited. Also on the character selection screen, her avatar doesn't appear, instead a bald human is in her place, or my last viewed character.
giphy.gif
Member since December 2009

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    On the KDF side, I've never been able to notice any color variations. Just tried with my new Romulan Vet ship - same.
  • torinthitorinthi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've had this issue for a while now with no idea how to fix it, before hand it was only effecting new ships i purchased but now it effects all of the ships on the majority of my characters, a fix for this would be sexy! i'm itching to use the colors on the new veteran ship but i can't :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click the signature to enter a world of wonder!
  • uzu7uzu7 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have had the same issues as well, picked up the Tholian Recluse a couple of weeks ago, I tried to changes the colors and nothing shows up, I can change the patterns but nothing color wise... then I got the Risian corvette, same thing I can change patterns but not the colors... COME ON CRYPTIC help us out here.

and that's not including the inability to buy any Tholian hanger pets due to my not owning the ship I am currently flying around in. Laff!
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Been bugged like that since LoR launched. Just click the randomize button a few times. That usually fixes it for me.

It seems like the patterns are bugged. Sometimes if I set all patterns to 'None' it resets it and everything works fine. Another problem is trying to change the hull material and no matter what you select it doesn't change on some ships. Overall the randomize button seems to straighten it out most of the time.

Edit: A specific example is my KDF Ho'sus ship (not the fleet version that requires ship modules, but it does require tier 3 shipyard and costs fleet credits). I have always had a heck of a time customizing it and that was before LoR launch for this specific ship.

Another problem: the breen chel grett warship is too dark in the tailor. It's as if the lighting on it was turned way down or off so it's impossible to see the colors/patterns you select on the ship until you purchase the changes and beam to it.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,761 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    I've been having ship costume as well as character costume editing problems lately. Specifically with editing colors. Does anyone know if Cryptic is aware and looking into these issues?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • robotictamponrobotictampon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    rickpaaa wrote: »
    This may be a bug, or a problem with my game client or an issue with my account.

Most, but not all of my ships are limited in my ability to color them. In most cases, the color boxes under material in the ship tailor has no effect on my ship's look.

I was complaining to a friend that the color squares/palette have no affect on my Risian Corvette, and he sent me a video of how it works for him. I was amazed at what I am missing!

I wonder if this is somehow related to or some character costume issues on my KDF Romulan (Who doesn't have ship tailor issues). My KDF Romulan has 2 costume slots that cannot be edited. Also on the character selection screen, her avatar doesn't appear, instead a bald human is in her place, or my last viewed character.
    i have had this problem since Legacy of Romulus came out, i was able to paint my heavy cruiser and my delta but that's it.
  • novablast9novablast9 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've been having the same problem, for all of my characters, and i can't fix it, not even the randomize button is affecting it
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A possible workaround is to click on one of the classes of the ship (like Nova, Rhode Island, Quasar) before attempting any coloring, then it should work.

Still hard to believe such an important feature (the customization of ships) still hasn't been fixed or the problem hasn't even been aknowledged by the devs.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can't seem to color my romulan temporal science vessel but I can do it on the temporal destroyer