test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Community Memorial STF Event - September 13th - 2 Timeslots (BST and PDT/EDT)

2»

Comments

• Options
    mazzmanonemazzmanone Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sorry to hear about this, I will set it up with my fleet to try and be there at the 9pm est.
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I will assist in opening his path to Sto-vo-Kor, Qa'pla.
  • Options
    jimdalaojimdalao Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    captz1pp wrote: »
    I will assist in opening his path to Sto-vo-Kor, Qa'pla.

As someone who had someone dear go into the afterlife this past weekend, I also will be preparing the way to Stovo'kor. I will be in Ker'rat in honor of my wife's grandfather and in honor of h2orat.
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    He did some great video work for the game. My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends.

Didn't he create some foundry missions? If so, perhaps permanently spotlighting them would be a good memorial to him?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    He did some great video work for the game. My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends.
    Hunh, same day as the blood drive, guess I'll be there after the blood drive is over.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    spacecadet2011spacecadet2011 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'll be there in the first time slot. I don't know about the second, but I will try.
  • Options
    tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    RIP Mark "h2orat" Valentine.

Qapla'
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Unfortunatley i may not be able to participate :(

But may the borg sacrificial offerings ensure he always be one with the elements and forever be joined to the living universe.
  • Options
    falconnightperufalconnightperu Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I present my condolences. I will be present in the second shift.

Greetins.
  • Options
    emarosa26emarosa26 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The second event is at 11AM on Saturday for me (Australian), so I will try to make it there.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the kind thoughts, everyone :) Hope to see you all out at the event!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    hornet6hornet6 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Maybe a new sort of NPC "tribute ship" added: "NCC Valentine" or "IKS H'tu'rat", a supply ship like the USS Victory or the IKS Chang ones in Battle Group Omega, in Gamma Orionis. Maybe have it an occasional random appearance in a far away sector like B'Tran. Just a thought. It would be nice to know that he is in some far away galaxy and still there for us too. He was a good guy.
    ANOTHER NERF !?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lazarxlazarx Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'll be attending at least to pay my respects at the fountain. Can't do STFS because I'll be working at both times.
    lazarx_2855.jpg
  • Options
    captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i may be too early to request that there be a new playable dreadnaught class ship that is deserving to be honoring the memory and the person that was mark RIP Mark Valentine. i am thinking that that the the perfect ship class to hornor mark valentine would be the dreadnuaght class from the jj universe. i would hope that cbs and paramount could come to an agreement to be able to honor the mr mark valentine my having the au univers dreadnaught be renamed the mark valentine class also be set up to fight the in all stf's.

another option design a new playable mark valentine dreadnaught class based off the excelsior class up scaled to be about the over roll size of the ambassador class to the oddysse class size ships to fight the borg and other boss level badies with options to be able to place any starfleet, klingon, and romulan necells on to the necall struts. also the necells need to be fatter then standard excelsior. also for the new mark valentine class dn is enough larger ship then the standard excelsior class that is would have 2 added impulse engines hooked on the the saucer edges directly under the out main impulse engines to keep the 8 degrees per second turn rate of the standard excelsior class and being twice the weight of the standard excelsior class
  • Options
    acrosscatacrosscat Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hornet6 wrote: »
    Maybe a new sort of NPC "tribute ship" added: "NCC Valentine" or "IKS H'tu'rat", a supply ship like the USS Victory or the IKS Chang ones in Battle Group Omega, in Gamma Orionis. Maybe have it an occasional random appearance in a far away sector like B'Tran. Just a thought. It would be nice to know that he is in some far away galaxy and still there for us too. He was a good guy.

Depending on how feasible this is to implement, I honestly would approve of such a tribute easter egg flying about or being docked somewhere.

That said, my sincere condolences go out to those mr. Valentine left behind. I look forward to the event put up in his memory, and to our first and finest fleets attending the STF's in good cheer.
    ____GREAT LEADERS LET THEIR ACTIONS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Star Trek Online Team,

On behalf of Shadow Defense Force-Federation, House of Shadow Defense Force-Klingon Defense Force, & Talon's Shadow-Romulan/Federation allied: We offer our sincerest condolences to those who knew Mark Valentine (h2orat). We will have members from all 3 fleets at both events & we look foward to the fellowship of comming together with all that attend this event, in celebration of his life.

sincerely,
    Fleet Admiral Arky
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • Options
    jaguaro70jaguaro70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'll be there. My h2orat's journey be remembered.

JAG
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The BST timeslot of the event begins in just 30 minutes. Hope to see you on Bajor then :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    captiancoppscaptiancopps Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I would like to see those foundry authors be able to write a mission honoring h2orat in the celestial temple inside the wormhole to match with this event if possible. I would if I could but I haven't explored making foundry missions at all.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I will definitely be there for the second round. May The Prophets watch over H2orat as he passes from this world into the next.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited September 2013
    I will be present for the 2nd time slot!!!!! We'll miss you Mark!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The PDT/EDT timeslot of the event begins in just 30 minutes. Hope to see you on Bajor then :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I hope these "Unable to Authenticate" issues with logging in have something to do with people flooding the servers for this event
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    valetharvalethar Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I hope these "Unable to Authenticate" issues with logging in have something to do with people flooding the servers for this event

Servers have been fine all day. I try to switch characters so I can do the last hearts and minds run, and now I can't get back in.

It'd be interesting to see what they've been doing with all that money from the C-Store the last 3 years. Apparently they've not spent a dime on making sure the servers can handle people logging in.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hmmm is it time now? :D
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi Captains!

I am organizing an in-game (Holodeck) Community Memorial STF Event for this coming Friday. As many of you know already know, the STO Team recently lost a colleague, Mark "h2orat" Valentine, this past weekend when he passed away after a year of battling cancer. He played STO daily and one of his favorite things to do was run STFs. We'll be running STFs as a tribute to him.

The first timeslot will be at 8pm BST/ Noon PDT/ 3pm EDT. (Click here to view in your timezone)

The second timeslot will be at 6pm PDT/ 9pm EDT/ 2am BST. (Click here to view in your timezone)

BONUS: These timeslots line up with the "Bonus Marks" hourly event on the event calendar. Completing the STFs during this timeslot will provide bonus Omega Marks.

Let's plan to meet on Bajor, right by the fountain. From there, we'll queue up for public STFs (I will ask for a vote on which STF everyone would like to do in-game when the event starts, and we'll try and run at least 2). Feel free to come in whichever ship/ class you would like, and on any faction, but your character should be max-level. Please join the REDALERT channel to see any communication/ instructions from myself. Type this command in your chat bar to join the channel: /channel_join REDALERT

If you can't make it Friday, I would like to try and do these often, and on different days/ times. Feel free to post constructive feedback in here with ideas, including if you would like to see this expanded to other types of events (Social, PvP, PvE, Foundry, Fleet Actions etc.).

I hope to see many of you on Friday!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Bran...sorry i cant join...would love to...please give my heart felt feelings to his family...he WILL be missed
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There was quite a few ppl here for it but a lot of them left but still some of us here.
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Dear Branflakes...my heart felt feeelings to Marks family...tis sad to lose a good person

Bran....just a thought...i think the devs should use Wolf359 as a memorial area for fallen heroes of the game....would be fitting i think...and worth the dev time.

Bows my head in honor of Mark...
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thank you to everyone who made it out today, and to those who wanted to but were unable to. It was great to run some STFs together as a community in tribute to Mark.

Also, thank you again for everyone's kind words and thoughts this week. They meant a lot.

We miss you, Mark!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.