test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (September 5, 2013) [Complete!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited September 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, September 5th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yay! Hive Onslaught is fixed!
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hive fixes?! Wow, maybe now I'll actually try it again.
    All bolt and beam Polaron weapons now use unique sound effects.

Well see now that's just creepy. I was literally just thinking today how wimpy the polaron beams sound and maybe I should ask for the sound on polaron weapons in general to be upgraded. Normally I'd ask you to kindly leave my mind, but if you're going to start taking ideas from up there and implementing them, well I guess you can stay. Just clean up any messes you make up there. Because it's already a mess and I don't really need more if you know what I'm sayin'.

:P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    noooo!! what will I do in the morning?

:( Great that Hive will be fixed. It's bloody hard
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    HSE fix, YES!

Believe it or not, mostly I enjoy HSE right now, but I have to go with a group of at least 3 very heavy hitters (as in above and beyond what the game intended) and there are still this WTF moments, like getting FBP+Torp Spread to death by both Unimatrix ships and than lanced at the spawn :p
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    probably due for a fleet vulcan ship by now. maybe with the LT sci made universal?
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Glad they fixed Hive, it was a mess. I've been phantom lanced on many occasions. That being said, any chance of you guys fixing older annoying bugs?
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh, hello, Foundry preview loading time fix! How are you today?

EDIT: That sounded creepier than I intended.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why is there no fix yet for the intense lag and launcher issue that have been reported by numerous sto customers? Not even a mention if anything is being looked into. I myself haven't even been able to play due to all these issues for the last 2 days because the lag is so bad. And its not on my end because any other online game I play, even intense game such as BF3 runs smooth as silk.

I don't want to be getting negative here but if things aren't going to improve, ill find other avenue's.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    YAY! i see a lot of good fixes here. cudos to th team!
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    "Hive Onslaught (Space STF)

Captains are no longer targeted by the Lance Weapons from the Unimatrix vessels when:
    They are affected by Under the Guns.
    They are further than 20k away from the vessels.
    They are using Full Impulse.
    They are cloaked."

Great gobbling gopher gizzards and THANK THE DARK ONE for this! I got so cheesed when I would be 18km away from Unimatrix and got lanced anyway that I was a step away from beating my head into my keyboard until one of us gave out first.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sigh.....

Icons ?
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Still no fix for the legs with tight pants, eh?
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    KDF embassy robes finally! Been waiting months to buy them for my klingon. It's about time and thank you. :D (I have more than enough fleet credits on my klingon and KDF allied romulan. Probably will need some dil but if I have to wait a couple extra days for that, no biggie. Been waiting months already lol.)

Now how bout those soft boots for male fed uniforms eh? Pretty please. :)
  • margus3margus3 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    When mailbox fix comming its bugged like 2-3 weeks now i not get any items back if these expire in exchange im soon lose all intrest to play this and yes we lose all players too i only not have that problem its everyone have that problem.

Is that milbox fix holding back to kick all old players and get new players who pay again.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    WTF server is unavailable at this time? Did you guys start the maintenance early?
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2.5 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2.5 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

In game announcement: "Captains, we will be bringing down STO for maintenance in 10 minutes."... then not even 30 seconds later the server is unavailable. Not really good at "temporal mechanics", are we, huh? :rolleyes:
  • shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Luckily I finished my mission before the game went down. Only 2 more levels and I make SubCommander. I'm leveling my Romulan a lot faster than I ever leveled my Fed or KDF Chars.
  • gazeofdragongazeofdragon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If I'm reading that right, you will still get lanced at 18km. It says targets "GREATER than 20km away" will not be targeted.

although, this will only occur when not at full impulse or cloak... if you are approaching them with slow regular impulse - you deserve to be lanced.
  • jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah!!! A fix for the CTD at the tailor!!!
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    margus3 wrote: »
    When mailbox fix comming its bugged like 2-3 weeks now i not get any items back if these expire in exchange im soon lose all intrest to play this and yes we lose all players too i only not have that problem its everyone have that problem.

Is that milbox fix holding back to kick all old players and get new players who pay again.

They do not consider this a bug, so don't wait for a 'fix'.

This post in the bugs forum has gone unanswered, save for the post from Brandon saying you must have too many mails. Suggest you post in there, help keep the post alive.

You aren't losing mails or items, but your mailbox is limited to viewing 300 messages. The exchange item sold messages are not supposed to count towards this limit, but they apparently do. If you delete enough mails to get below the 300 message limit, your mail and items will queue back into the mailbox.

There appears to be at least 3 bugs in the the way it's supposed to work:

1. The "item sold" mails are counting towards the 300 mail limit. They're not supposed to.
    2. There is no message that the mailbox is full, nor any message that there are too many items in it. There is supposed to be.
    3. Deleted 'returned item' duplicate mails (the ones with no attachments) won't delete, until after you close the mailbox and reopen.

Also, those of us who lost all our mail during the stealth move on 6/20, got our items back all on the same day (7/12). The items are not being counted toward the item limit, a good thing, but the mail is being counted toward the 300 view limit. Absolutely a nightmare.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If I'm reading that right, you will still get lanced at 18km. It says targets "GREATER than 20km away" will not be targeted.

Well, bog me. Alright, keyboard, you and me one on one for supremacy!
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No Tribble? Is the login server down too?
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • embrosilembrosil Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hello, I was trying to log in to download the patch as I usualy do but I get unable to authenticate: message. Is it because of the maintenance? I have never seen this before and patches were downloading fine.
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ok so Hive got tweaked, still not sure i'd call that a 'fix' but we'll see how the fleet goes.

Good to see SOMETHING in the tailor got fixed, I don't need to mention the multitude of other things people have been calling for since LoR.

I'm sure it's good, after waiting MONTHS for some stuff to be fixed, call me pessimistic.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    In game announcement: "Captains, we will be bringing down STO for maintenance in 10 minutes."... then not even 30 seconds later the server is unavailable. Not really good at "temporal mechanics", are we, huh? :rolleyes:

Apologies on behalf of the team conducting the maintenance -- the announcement timer was off which caused messaging not to be in sync with when the server was actually brought down for maintenance.

No Tribble? Is the login server down too?

From the first post: The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • embrosilembrosil Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Apologies on behalf of the team conducting the maintenance -- the announcement timer was off which caused messaging not to be in sync with when the server was actually brought down for maintenance.

From the first post: The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hmm, does it mean the log in server is off as well?
  • megtrekkiemegtrekkie Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    embrosil wrote: »
    Hello, I was trying to log in to download the patch as I usualy do but I get unable to authenticate: message. Is it because of the maintenance? I have never seen this before and patches were downloading fine.

yeah im getting that to i usually do what you do but im getting same error message steam and arc ive tried but nothing which will suck when servers are back up to many people downloading the patch
  • trckyfingertrckyfinger Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago.

This is not true at all there's tons of water more on our planet as 3 billion years ago .
    Most of the asteroids that are inbound carry some water elements to our planet (or are icy) and get vaporized into h2(among other things) when entering our atmosphere .
  • charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's better having them fixed than nothing at all:)
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.