test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Remove Romulan Restrictions On Box Ships

azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
The decision to prohibit Romulan faction use of their allies Lock Box and Mirror ships is unfortunate and inexplicable. After all, as we see with the new Romulan lock boxes, there are no restrictions on Federation and Klingon faction players acquisition and use of the top ship drops.

Once again, much as with the cross faction consoles, we have a system which places one faction at a disadvantage, in terms of availability, relative to another. Either reciprocal restrictions on acquisition and use of Romulan faction box ships should be implemented, or all restrictions on box drop ships should be removed.

My personal opinion is that this is being driven by revenue concerns more than balance issues. There is a lot of new content for Romulan players and quite a bit of it is premium. Obviously it's more profitable to drive those sales thant to allow a veteran player to dust off, or re-purpose an already owned, or purchased item.Hopefully, after the Romulan launch has passed and the game returns to normal this situation will change.
Post edited by azyurion on

Comments

• Options
    pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ummm...Romulans get their very own boxed mirror ships? And the Feds/KDF get their own boxed mirror ships.

And the high-end ships of each lockbox are open to ALL...

What was your point again? :(
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not inexplicable.

They're faction-specific endgame ships and Romulans are not of those factions nor can they use other factions' endgame ships.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the only box ships romulans can't open are the fed/kdf mirror ones, for which they're getting their own that neither feds nor kdf can open, and any of the temporal ships, and that's only because they don't have temporal ships of their own yet; when those get made and added, romulans will be able to open the temporal science vessel/destroyer/shuttle boxes as well
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like someone wants a Rommie Time Destroyer.

And I believe they'll get one. Soon enough.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alarikun wrote: »
    And I believe they'll get one. Soon enough.

Indeed, I'd much rather see Romulans in Romulan box ships rather than see tons of Romulans in Federation or Klingon Tier 5 ships. That'd just ruin them as a Not-Faction even more.
  • Options
    corporaldeath67corporaldeath67 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think my issue is that if you side with the Federation or Klingons, why the hell can't you use a Fed or KDF Mirror ship? Or that you can use certain ships that you bought with Zen, but other you can't. At least stop restricting ship we paid real money for. In the words of Seven of Nine, your logic is flawed.
  • Options
    johndroidjohndroid Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think my issue is that if you side with the Federation or Klingons, why the hell can't you use a Fed or KDF Mirror ship? Or that you can use certain ships that you bought with Zen, but other you can't. At least stop restricting ship we paid real money for. In the words of Seven of Nine, your logic is flawed.
    Okay I understand what you mean but didn't all Romulan ships have battle cloak , not all Feds or Klingons didn't get that unless they pick either faction to be on then both can have cloak. And didn't romulans get mass universal consoles for there ships Klingons or fed ships can't use except a couple like all factions can share ? they got 2 temporal ships like rest also ,really does seem like they at headquarters thought it out rather well, finding perfect medium for all players is gonna be difficult to ever do. You can't always make everyone happy but Star Trek rocks on later have fun all.
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sounds like someone wants a Rommie Time Destroyer.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=950931 haven't they done this already?:P
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    a3001 wrote: »
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=950931 haven't they done this already?:P

Since you need to have the obvious pointed out to you:
    NOT WHEN THE POST YOU QUOTED WAS MADE 3 1/2 MONTHS AGO.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Another one!? Where'd I put that Holy Water...
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Roms not being able to use a Fed ship would be far less painful if the tier 5 rom ships didn't look so awful. Seems to me the mogi should have been the level 40 ship. Instead I'd have to fork over andrew jackson to get my rom an end game ship that wasn't a brick with wings. Cryptic is good at transferring already existing iconic ships to a polygon video game model form, but good lord they should be prohibited from designing pieces of TRIBBLE from scratch. Honestly though, I'm perfectly fine with not having some ultra high end 10 console tier 5.5 fleet fed ship on my romulan. For me it would be enough just to be able to use a no frills level 40 freebie ship from the side I'm allied with.