test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Carrier pets

sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
What are the chances that we could at some point alter the equipment of the combat carrier pets in a manner we see fit? Something along the lines of altering weapons and skills load out, sort of like a stripped down version of our star ships, maybe a couple of forward weapons slots and a couple of consoles, and it could be taken as far as equipping a duty officer as a pilot.
Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I see thousands of dead duty officers in your future sir.

Past that, WHY?

There is a reason there are tons of different ones. Just pick something else and roll with it
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, the entire point of the carrier pets having fixed loadouts is to have you, the player, carefully pick which ones you want to have for whatever situation.
    You're supposed to use your hangar bays judiciously.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited September 2013
    it would be fun to expand the carrier pets so you can put your own weapons and shields on them. but i dunno if it would be viable.

it would just make it so you could max them out and everyone would be running elite fleet gear on their qaw'duns..
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    Yeah, the entire point of the carrier pets having fixed loadouts is to have you, the player, carefully pick which ones you want to have for whatever situation.
    You're supposed to use your hangar bays judiciously.

You're forgetting that quite a few pets can't even be equipped on some carriers....
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    sunseahl wrote: »
    You're forgetting that quite a few pets can't even be equipped on some carriers....

A relative handful, yes. But there are plenty of non-signature pets that can be equipped on all carriers and flight deck cruisers.
  • Options
    sneyepersneyeper Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    aarons9 wrote: »
    it would be fun to expand the carrier pets so you can put your own weapons and shields on them. but i dunno if it would be viable.

it would just make it so you could max them out and everyone would be running elite fleet gear on their qaw'duns..

Qaw?duns already have quads.
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    A relative handful, yes. But there are plenty of non-signature pets that can be equipped on all carriers and flight deck cruisers.

Non-signature pets.... with non-signature weapons....

and the good ones you have to grind at least 35k dili for...
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    sunseahl wrote: »
    Non-signature pets.... with non-signature weapons....

and the good ones you have to grind at least 35k dili for...

Yes, they cost about as much as any equivalent piece of equipment.

And the non-signature pets are still incredibly useful. You're kinda underselling them here.
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Most of my pets, do a very specific job. Elite scorpions are my heavy damage crew.

My Advanced Danubues hold'em while i hit'em.

My Advanced Delta's work nicely with my Tet's.

Everything they do serves a purpose. Would you like to sacrafice that purpose for customizability?

Would you buy any other pets if you could customize one? Because if they gave you customization options they would tear the pets down to nothing.Beacuse they would drop the Uniqueness of each pet.

would i like to drop A Tric into a pet weapon slot oh yeah. I would spend for fleet ones.

HMM maybe you are on to something, 12 Fighters, with Fleet Tric's and Fleet DHC's. I could do a fair amount of hurt......
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]