test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Don't be this guy

xancrossxancross Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Just another one of those moments where you're like wtf?

Don't be this Guy.
Post edited by xancross on

Comments

• Options
    sitheachsitheach Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pic is really small.
    Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. ~ Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's a thing about the player being AFK during No Win Scenario.

Thanks for pointing this out, but we don't need yet another AFK thread running. We have at least one of those kicking about.
  • Options
    thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nobody needs to be told not to be that guy.

If someone's not a horrible person, they don't join games with no intention of helping our group.

If someone has it in their mind to leech like that, they already know they're being wads. They don't care.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    roxbadroxbad Member Posts: 695
    edited August 2013
    Does this afk thing happen often?
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited August 2013
    Thats in No win scenario then it was intentional griefing to make the mission fail and not about marks or loot. probably joined ISE next and shot the generators on the right side while the cube was being killed on the left as well.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What they need is a participation meter to determine if a player should get the rewards. If you don't meet the minimum activity threshold for the event, then no reward or consolation prize. The Consolation prize could be something like 5 Omega Marks for an Elite STF. However, people that Disconnect too often or people with a legitimate afk reason would be punished for it.
  • Options
    zenbrilligzenbrillig Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    What they need is a magic wand to determine if a player should get the rewards. If you don't meet the minimum activity threshold for the event, then no reward or consolation prize. The Consolation prize could be something like 5 Omega Marks for an Elite STF. However, people that Disconnect too often or people with a legitimate afk reason would be punished for it.

Okay.

Just curious. What is a 'legitimate afk reason' for which someone shouldn't be penalized?
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Child injury
    Internal organ failure
    Bowel control loss
    Death
    Food poisoning reactions
    Significant other dispute
    Phone call reception about family/friend experiencing one of the above
    Sudden government overthrow
    Alien abduction
    Demonic possession
    Sociopath diagnosis
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Child injury
    Internal organ failure
    Bowel control loss
    Death
    Food poisoning reactions
    Alien abduction
    Demonic possession
    Sociopath diagnosis

All of those are legitimate reasons to go afk. I don't think any of those are legitimate reasons to go afk and expect to be fully rewarded in spite of not participating.

(Ok, except for the demonic possession. You should be able to continue playing.)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    There's a huge difference between a person going AFK and trying to return to participate as soon as possible. (Nearly everyone is willing to forgive when bleep happens.)

and AFKing where a person refuses to participate in anything but is johnny on the spot when it's time to divide the rewards.

No one is saying that there isn't. However, any reasonable person ought to be okay with receiving lessened rewards if they have to leave the keyboard for a significant amount of time. If they feel otherwise, we're going to have to bring out the 'E' word again.
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I definitely need to resist the impulse to post what I have in mind.
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hey,,,isn't that.....my....ship.....?
    edited August 2013
    I was just answering the question: " What is a 'legitimate afk reason' for which someone shouldn't be penalized?" ;)

So I agree that there is no reason to go afk and expect to be rewarded for null effort. That's like me not showing up for work but expecting a paycheck.
  • Options
    jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Depends on who you talk to. Some people will tell you they run across 3-4 AFKers every time they log in to play. While other swear up and down they've never seen an AFKer and it's all a figment of peoples imaginations.

This is fascinating; this would make a great thread,

?AFKers Fact or Fiction?

In search of: AFKers

AFKers hiding in Area 51, Section 31

I witness accounts of players abducted and probed (Oh please not there,Ouch!) By AFKers
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xancross wrote: »

Don't be this Guy.

I don't put too much thought into it really..... waste of energy if you ask me.
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited August 2013

Don't be this Guy.

so dont warp into a pug, have the game crash on you.. have to verify the file integrity and then finally get back into the game just as the mission is ending?

you do realize this very thing has happened to me more then once.. and no i don't intentionally afk.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aarons9 wrote: »
    so dont warp into a pug, have the game crash on you.. have to verify the file integrity and then finally get back into the game just as the mission is ending?

you do realize this very thing has happened to me more then once.. and no i don't intentionally afk.
    Actually, if the game crashes, you won't be in the match any longer. You (should) disappear a few seconds after the client is no longer connected.

anyways, the last time I did Mine Trap we had 1 AFKer, and 19 real players, it was a decent run too, could have been a great run if the AFKer hadn't been a jerk. And we KNOW this guy was leeching because he didn't just stand there. He actually barricaded himself into a corner so that the enemies couldn't attack him.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited August 2013
    Actually, if the game crashes, you won't be in the match any longer. You (should) disappear a few seconds after the client is no longer connected.

anyways, the last time I did Mine Trap we had 1 AFKer, and 19 real players, it was a decent run too, could have been a great run if the AFKer hadn't been a jerk. And we KNOW this guy was leeching because he didn't just stand there. He actually barricaded himself into a corner so that the enemies couldn't attack him.

you dont always... you usually just sit in the spot you were, or you travel to the edge of the map.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    aarons9 wrote: »
    you dont always... you usually just sit in the spot you were, or you travel to the edge of the map.
    It may have changed since then but a year or so ago I spent a few hours in the old buggy Romulan temple. We did have a few crashes, and every time the person woudl freeze for 30 seconds or so and disappear. then as soon as they reconnected appear at one of the spawn points. (Hopefully not inside the light pole.... that was what REALLY too a long time. Every respawn carried a risk of getting stuck at the spawn point and having to relog to get unstuck. Fortunately, that got fixed. Also there were cases where the party would respawn as a group but get scattered to multiple spawn points.)

I have seen the traveling to the edge of the map behaviour, but that was during games where I had extreme lag and had started moving but the game was too laggy to let me change course. Not in games where I got DCed.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Don't be this Guy.

Wait.. was that one of my alts? :-P
  • Options
    darkphoxydarkphoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    What they need is a participation meter to determine if a player should get the rewards. If you don't meet the minimum activity threshold for the event, then no reward or consolation prize. The Consolation prize could be something like 5 Omega Marks for an Elite STF. However, people that Disconnect too often or people with a legitimate afk reason would be punished for it.

Like 1ec for every 10 damage done and 1 fleet mark for every 10000 damage done. per person.

so someone who does like 1 million damage gets like 100k ec and like 100 fleet marks.

makes sense to me anyway. Then dieing to poor builds and afking will get them poor results or nothing.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    darkphoxy wrote: »
    Like 1ec for every 10 damage done and 1 fleet mark for every 10000 damage done. per person.

so someone who does like 1 million damage gets like 100k ec and like 100 fleet marks.

makes sense to me anyway. Then dieing to poor builds and afking will get them poor results or nothing.
    Enh... the concept is good, with a few tweaks (such as factoring in healing) it might be useable.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Don't be this Guy.

Getting my rocks off on Anime...Yeah, I don't want to be that guy :cool:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited September 2013
    Enh... the concept is good, with a few tweaks (such as factoring in healing) it might be useable.

Easy. heal other rewards the same as damage dealt. So you can heal/damage 1 million and get the same reward as someone who does 1 million damage only.

AFK on the far edge of the map you cant heal others or do damage and thus no reward.

Then you must keep up heal others and damage dealt to get into the loot system. No damage dealt or heal others and you get no drops.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nah I am the guy getting a warning after he reports me for flaming him.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Kinda looks like the same person who did so in SB fleet defense, but than again almost all defiant builds looks pretty close too each other!!! jking on the looks part ;)
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    delsabereduxdelsaberedux Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Child injury
    Internal organ failure
    Bowel control loss
    Death
    Food poisoning reactions
    Alien abduction
    Demonic possession
    Sociopath diagnosis

Please consult a physician to see if No Win Scenario(TM) is right for you. If No Win Scenario(TM) persists for more than four hours, please visit your closest emergency room immediately. Monsanto, Inc.(TM) claims no liability for repeated deaths due to repeated use of No Win Scenario(TM).
    Relax.