test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tac console, Warhead Yield Chamber - damage listed twice on consoles

monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I just did cure space normal and got a blue quality warhead yield chamber mk xii tac console. I put my mouse over it to see which console it was exactly (still trying to get use to the new icons). I noticed something odd.....it listed the damage twice in the tooltip. It also lists it twice in the info window.

So I checked the exchange to see if perhaps I ended up with 1 of those weird bugged items, you know, the kind where a phaser beam array would list its damage as disruptor, ground armor not listing the modifiers, etc. Well........every single one of these consoles in the exchange are like this also.

Is this intended? Do these consoles actually double your torpedo damage or is it just a display error?

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Console_-_Tactical_-_Warhead_Yield_Chamber Here it shows the damage only listed once and it's also called "Kinetic Damage" instead of torpedo damage.

Couple screenshots.
d1fx.jpg
sarc.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The description is bugged, it only applies the buff once.
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The description is bugged, it only applies the buff once.

Ahh. So it's just a display error. Well hopefully they can fix it so players don't get confused about it.
  • finaltom5finaltom5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ahh. So it's just a display error. Well hopefully they can fix it so players don't get confused about it.

I think it is a visual error. I have found sometimes that if you mouse over something it will show you what it is. If you equip it and mouse over the item you traded in your inventory, It shows the item being still in your bag. Least this is the bug started to get yesterday.
  • rarianrakistararianrakista Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They also are no longer applying a DPS buff because it is applying to a no longer existing skill.

These consoles are the same as the one's pre Season 6 when they did the skill revamp, they are now useless till they fix them.
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

They are definitely increasing torpedo damage, not pointing at a skill as one poster postulated. The second tooltip is sloppy there on my part - it's a result of adding Harpengh damage to the console, so that it increases the damage the Harpengh Torpedo deals.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They are definitely increasing torpedo damage, not pointing at a skill as one poster postulated. The second tooltip is sloppy there on my part - it's a result of adding Harpengh damage to the console, so that it increases the damage the Harpengh Torpedo deals.

A dev responded and admitted he/she goofed? I think I just had half a stroke. :eek: Thanks for explaining it.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've got a Ground Shield that shows Phaser & Disruptor +resistance EIGHT TIMES after the general description...

Four Each, listed back and forth...

Phaser...
    Disruptor...
    Phaser...
    Disruptor...
    Phaser...
    Disruptor...

I've assumed since I got it that it is a Typographical Error.

Be kinda cool if it were true though.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif