test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Light In The Dark Bug?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I sent this in I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem.

At the end of the mission where you need to scan the Iconian gate. For some reason it seems that the gate disappears. It says something like intruder alert, and then they shut it off. So basically I can't scan the gate or overload it. Since those controls aren't even available for me to use.

Is there something I'm doing wrong that is causing this to happen. After Celestara beams up the Undine beam in I take them out, and try to scan the gate. Then everything I mention above happens.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Not meaning to bump this, but I need to see if anyone has had this experience.
    edited March 2012
    I had this problem too. At first...

Try to stand to the right side of the gate and hopefully you will get the option to scan it. Good luck.
    I was standing to the right side looking up at interactive symbol.

Hope this helps
    edited March 2012
    Stand to the right. Well I will try and hope I find the sweet spot before it shuts down. Thanks
    edited April 2012
    I have come across the same issue. I've tried it countless times, approaching from different angles, etc... and I keep getting the 'unauthorized entity detected' message and the gate shuts down, and you can't examine it.
  • captianbbcaptianbb Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm getting the same behaviour. I tried coming in from the right hand side, but the gateway dissapears and gives the alert message.

Does anyone know what the solution is?
    Have they provided a reply to the bug report?
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    captianbb wrote: »
    Have they provided a reply to the bug report?

Just as a FYI, they don;t respond to bug reports. We only find out about it when it gets listed in the patch notes.

The one time they did respond to a bug report that I know of, it took them about a month for it to filter back down to the game.
  • captianbbcaptianbb Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    After playing around with multiple solutions suggested by this and other threads. I finally figured out the real solution.
    You need to get close to the gate structure to get the "scan gate" option.
  • captainanderson6captainanderson6 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have had the same promblem, I got logged the first time I click continue mission and game shuts down I have tried this like 20-30 times with no luck.
  • captainanderson6captainanderson6 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I really wish Cryptic would fix this problem or whoever's job it is to fix this. Here is the message I get when trying to beam to planet during mission.

Fatal Error: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue..

Techinical Details: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue..
    Bin/Geobin/Maps/Planets/Und_Kuda_Fluidic_Ground/Und_Kuda_Fluidic_Ground.Zone/World_Cells.Info:

Please fix this Issue!!

Thanks

Captain Jarok