test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fact is nobody plays KDF ...

f2pdrakronf2pdrakron Member Posts: 3,982 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Klingon Discussion
I can say this for sure because today I tried to get the Bat'leth Tournament to find that Cryptic being Cryptic managed to TRIBBLE it up, the trophy is unreachable now yet when I looked for any information on the subject I found nothing ... nobody complaining about it, no bug report ... nothing.

If this happened Federation side I am sure people WOULD complain about it since its likely been broken when Crypotic decided to go around messing up with the early KDF missions without bothering to check if everything actually worked.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Or perhaps no one cares to do the tournament? I have 2 KDF characters. I've never bothered to do the tournament with either of them. I leveled one character with my son, who loves Klingons, and he didn't bother to do the tournament.

What you're probably seeing is lack of interest in useless melee ground combat rather then lack of interest in Klingons. But if it makes you feel better to believe that no one loves the KDF, go for it! :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    5 KDF toons and 2 feds.

Qapla'!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have 2 new KDF characters that I've started after LoR, both got the tournament trophy with no problems whatsoever. Has it occured to you that this may be a bug that is affaecting you alone or just a few people?
    I for one, can't buy a Targ pet from the C-Store for a year now and yet all my friends that have KDF chars can.

Also, has it occured to you that bug-fixes on the KDF side are so scarce that the KDF players have given up complaining about minor ones, because the chances of something like that being fixed are once in a blue moon on the 30-th of February. You can take the Marauding Boff, my Targ issue, the missing floor in 'Blood of the Empire' or the customization of the fleet ships as few of the prime examples.
    Besides, there's the "Master list of KDF issues" here now, so KDF players usually state any issues they encounter there, so players and devs. can have the problems in clear sight in one place.

You could have done that and stated your issue there, it would have been cross-checked by other players and confirmed wheather it's a general bug or a single issue. But please, don't let logic stand in the way of the trolling nature of your thread and it's title.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wut? What tournament? :(
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My Ferasan is my most played so... yea..
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    I can say this for sure because today I tried to get the Bat'leth Tournament to find that Cryptic being Cryptic managed to TRIBBLE it up, the trophy is unreachable now yet when I looked for any information on the subject I found nothing ... nobody complaining about it, no bug report ... nothing.

If this happened Federation side I am sure people WOULD complain about it since its likely been broken when Crypotic decided to go around messing up with the early KDF missions without bothering to check if everything actually worked.

I been playing my kdf more because my kdf ship has a Battle cloak "Peqhqu' Heavy Destroyer" and a setup like the defiant
    ogew7.jpg
  • asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I play my KDF frequently.
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I assume that you are refering to the "subquest" from "The House Always Wins"? The trick is to NOT beam up after defeating the Romulans on the ground. You have to return to the room where all of the NPCs are cheering and talk to both Worf and the Master of Ceremonies. You MUST use a Bat'leth or ground skills to beat your opponents. Don't worry about the sheilds on the last combatant. When you use melee, you bypass them. Just don't get too cocky. I completed it without using hypos.
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am in the process of leveling up a new KDF character (decided to try a Kzinti. . . I mean Ferasan). They changed things around a bit with the Legend of Romulus, but the tournament is still there. It just is no longer in the mandatory story progression but has been relegated to a side quest.
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My and several others, KDF characters would disagree with your premise.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • ooiueooiue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    17 Chars

7 KDF
    3 Rom-KDF

6 Fed
    1 Rom-Fed

Main character has all the best equipment I have, the best ship setup I have, the best skills and the best general layout and attention of any of my characters. Had him since Day 1 launch and never stopped playing him. I spend all day on him and basically no other character... and he is KDF Tac.

Yeah.... nobody plays KDF at all.... :rolleyes:
    Play my missions on Holodeck!
    Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
    Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
    Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ooiue wrote: »
    17 Chars

7 KDF
    3 Rom-KDF

6 Fed
    1 Rom-Fed

Main character has all the best equipment I have, the best ship setup I have, the best skills and the best general layout and attention of any of my characters. Had him since Day 1 launch and never stopped playing him. I spend all day on him and basically no other character... and he is KDF Tac.

Yeah.... nobody plays KDF at all.... :rolleyes:

Holy TRIBBLE, that's much...

It's funny though, been listening all the FF's (now @ ep 5) and suddenly saw a name I thought: "hey, i know that name" :D .
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited August 2013
    I have 3 KDF character, only one of whom I use on a regular basis. If I were to actively use more alt characters, they would all be KDF or KDF-aligned. I do my part to support the KDF faction.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • coldicephoenixcoldicephoenix Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes but the wierd thing is that didnt work at first, it auto started at around lv 10 like the quest and the subquest are at different level requirements.

I knew how it worked when I did it with my first character over a year ago, thats why I thought it was broken since they messed around with it when they changed things for starting at lv1 with LoR.
    Yep that's probably because the whole mission was redesigned in LoR. But it is still available. Unfortunately unless you know that it exists one would even do that part.

We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
  • ooiueooiue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    stoutes wrote: »
    Holy TRIBBLE, that's much...

It's funny though, been listening all the FF's (now @ ep 5) and suddenly saw a name I thought: "hey, i know that name" :D .

lol, I went from getting the two faction mains (Fed and KDF) at launch... then went to try different things with more ships..... this where I ended up xD
    Play my missions on Holodeck!
    Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
    Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
    Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Did the Tornament a few days ago and got my trophy. Works just fine.

However, you don't get that sidequest until after you've buried M'ven at the home of House Martok.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mmmm

13 kdf
    4 kdf-rom

6 fed
    4 fed-rom

Yesterday i work in the Mission: bringing Down the House. All mission work fine, later Torg is exposed in the council, Worf have the finish the mission with the tournament.

Remember you need talk with Worf about 3 times

In my fleet (fed and kdf) everyone knows that i loved the kdf side... in fact maybe we are a few members but almost day we log (around 3 or 5) at the same time
  • blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    8 KDF

2 ROM KDF

NO FED!

Am I Winning The KDF Character Charts? :D

I Got lucky, My Fed Slot Turned Universal, Therefore, ALL KDF! (+ Rom KDF... Can't Be Gorn All The Time!

3 Gorn

2 Fersans

1 Alien

1 Orion

1 KDF Borg

1 Reman

1 ROM Borg
    R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    blagorm wrote: »
    8 KDF

2 ROM KDF

NO FED!

Am I Winning The KDF Character Charts? :D

I Got lucky, My Fed Slot Turned Universal, Therefore, ALL KDF! (+ Rom KDF... Can't Be Gorn All The Time!

3 Gorn

2 Fersans

1 Alien

1 Orion

1 KDF Borg

1 Reman

1 ROM Borg

:D YES!!!! you win!!! you dont have FED then.... YOU WIN!! :)
  • blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tarsudo wrote: »
    :D YES!!!! you win!!! you dont have FED then.... YOU WIN!! :)

Not a single one! :D
    R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xossetxosset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My issues with KDF gameplay and it's definitely not Cyptic's fault:

1. No one ever queues for Star Base Defense: I've queued for as long as the ENTIRE event time. Never made it above 6 people.

2. No one queues for Daily events: Big Dig, Breaker The Planet...no one queues. So that two events were easy fleet marks (50) and the potential for over 100 is lost.

3. Lack of ability it Mind Trap, STF's and any other map where some semblance of strategy is required: Been in majority KDF mind traps, super poor performance; Elite Conduit: always some KDF mental midget in a Raptor not leaving 10%.; Elite Stasis: KDF's with no clue as to how this map works or just intentionally ruining it.; Elite Cure space and Elite Cure ground don't even attempt these in a PuG, everyone is horrible, this is a fleet only attempt or you are just going to waste your time.

So that's what I see and I play almost every day. The apathy on the KDF side is omnipresent. I log into my KDF fully expecting a solo play style. I do doff mission for resources, very rare doffs and accolades and don't even look at the chat bar.
    edited August 2013
    some people talk about two kdf channels: kdfempire & kdfdefera.

I understand that in kdfempire you can talk about your build, weapons etc. In kdfdefera are people to play some actions like stf

Maybe exist other channels for some activities... or maybe i am wrong... but perhaps you can find some player for run stf, dayly events etc
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited August 2013
    ive made 4 KDF toons leveled 3 with DOFF missions from level 11 to 50 and made milions doing it

But in order to do team play i have to enter into privite groups with our FEd fleet because the KDF PvE Ques have horrible wait time's

Sometimes a 1/2 hour depending in the mission

however the Doff missions make me rich beyond belief !!!
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited August 2013
    I do all the public-queue stuff with my fleetmates/Federation fleet counterparts. The only thing I pug is KFA, because it does tend to be difficult to gather 5 people together to run an event.

Fed-side fleet is more active, I feel. This might not reflect all KDF-side fleets in general.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can say this for sure....

Eh, NO. You can't. You cannot by any evidence or reason say nobody is playing KDF. It just isn't so.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • howiedizzlehowiedizzle Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    KDF FTW!

/10char
  • blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    KDF is certainly less played than the Fed side but from my limited and subjective experience I've found the quality of player on the KDF side to be more predictably solid. I find a lot of knowledgeable players in-game but KDF players have helped me with PVP setups and have an esprit-de-corps that I really appreciate when I'm getting my qapla on.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xosset wrote: »
    My issues with KDF gameplay and it's definitely not Cyptic's fault:

1. No one ever queues for Star Base Defense: I've queued for as long as the ENTIRE event time. Never made it above 6 people.

2. No one queues for Daily events: Big Dig, Breaker The Planet...no one queues. So that two events were easy fleet marks (50) and the potential for over 100 is lost.

3. Lack of ability it Mind Trap, STF's and any other map where some semblance of strategy is required: Been in majority KDF mind traps, super poor performance; Elite Conduit: always some KDF mental midget in a Raptor not leaving 10%.; Elite Stasis: KDF's with no clue as to how this map works or just intentionally ruining it.; Elite Cure space and Elite Cure ground don't even attempt these in a PuG, everyone is horrible, this is a fleet only attempt or you are just going to waste your time.

So that's what I see and I play almost every day. The apathy on the KDF side is omnipresent. I log into my KDF fully expecting a solo play style. I do doff mission for resources, very rare doffs and accolades and don't even look at the chat bar.

I call bull **** on this one especially the part about mine trap its a cross faction event like most stfs you play with feds and kdf so cant call that a kdf issue.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• generalkrasgeneralkras Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Honestly, it's not so much an apathy on the KDF side. Just the KDF is more or less divided into a couple of subsects now, some are new KDFers who've come over from the Fed side because the PVE experience has been filled out. And I give Cryptic credit, the stuff they've done for the Red Side in PvE has actually been some decently engaging story work even if a fair amount of it is recycled Fed stuff they at least tried to change the perspective a bit. But more or less if you're in KDF you don't have a ton of PvE toons and you're not really hot on PvE stuff. I have three KDF, one of each class and my tactical is my proudest achievement because from 1-50 I leveled him after Bringing Down the House with pretty much straight PVP. Because back then other than Bringing Down the House all we had were cluster missions and I always found those monotonous.

In short you'll run into the odd PvE bug because unless it affects ever single player every single time, not many are going to know about it. Since PvE has kind of always been backseat to PVP at first by necessity and then later by habit.

Never the less, the KDF is thriving in terms of population numbers especially with the infusion of allied Romulans. At least that's what I take away from the fairly active PVP ques.

But yeah with PvE/esthetic stuff allot of it gets back burnered because not many care (see: KDF costumes).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]