Install Arc
Options

DEFEATING THE MAZE & HAMPSTER WHEEL - Good Gameplay Ideas To Think On

124»

Comments

• Options
    bruccybruccy Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    eves great but its not trek and it has its own set of problems like large alliances dominating null sec and blowing every little guy up that ventures there

i know i recently played for mordus angels .and goons err reset us as they put it
    kinda hope mordus are still a pain in goons TRIBBLE but im finished with eve
  • Options
    nailer1985nailer1985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The point is mostly that all that PVP stuff is player-generated action. You don't have to queue for an STF or load a mission or any of that. Some dudes show up on your front door and you go gank them. No developer-written story content required.
  • Options
    spycho2spycho2 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Dude you know what im saying. Honestly eve had the ability to walk just a little bit more then you can id play it for ever... I know its a stupid reason but I just need to be able to walk sometimes in a game im playing for hours idk why. But I agree with you assessment of the situation completely and you have done a far better job of shrinking it down then I have. I think everyone should read post #91. And to anyone who would direct their argument towards Eve, If you took the Eve comparison out of the equation you'd still be left with a good description of the state of STO. If you include the Eve comparison you get a good description of how player driven content makes its own fun. Also, its a good example of how just a little injection of it could help take the players off the devs heals. I personally feel any MMO game goes down the wrong path as soon as they decide to not go with a player driven (Technically PvP) economy but that's just me. This is probably going to be Star Treks only chance at an MMO for at least 10 to 20 years why not make it more worthy of its namesake.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I find the OP's thread title rather interesting. I would much, much rather have this game be more akin to a maze than a hamster wheel.

In the time I've taken away from this game, I have determined that there is no fun to be had in Queue based PvE gameplay. (PvP is okay though)

Now a days PvE basically boils down to sitting in DS9 (Or wherever your preferred HQ is) and mashing the join queue button. In a franchise that's based around "Boldy Going" this game is very much lacking in the latter.

You know, as I type this, I've come to the realization that it might just be the Queue itself that's killing the fun of this game. I mean, think about it. What's more fun; waiting in DS9 for the correct amount of players to appear for an STF, or adventuring out in the galaxy when a Borg Cube pulls up along side you and says "Whaddup Bro?"
  • Options
    spycho2spycho2 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    earlier in this thread I said something along the same exact lines. My fleet calls it Qing because one second your on ESD or DS9 and the next second your in your ship in the gamma quadrent shooting borg something Q would totally do to you. As I said when they started the Qing system it was a good stop gap but now that there is no lack of players its become a detriment to the games immersion. And the games both a maze and a hamster wheel. You get out of the maze of leveling and questing and hop into the hamster wheel so you can queue up and feel like your still going somewhere... but your not....

btw

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors! <-- really nice I cant argue with any of it id be happy to see any of it.

and rofl "Boldy Standing Still"