test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maximum number of Ships?

warlockx1warlockx1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Ok I apparently missed a memo.....when did this happen?
Post edited by warlockx1 on

Comments

• aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited August 2013
    its always been.. you can only buy so many upgrade slots on pretty much anything.
    ships, chars, boffs, doffs, inventory..

you can have 28 ship slots.

now if you are just trying to claim the c store ship, you can delete a ship and still be able to claim it.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    warlockx1 wrote: »

This is new?
  • rhodgherrhodgher Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    28 slots???

I had ten slots (filled), bought 4 new slots and claimed a free vessel. But I stil see 10 slots and the message '3 slots remaining'. But I can't see the 3 empty ones, nor the free ship.

And I logged out and in again.

Somebody knows what to do?
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A maximum ship cap per character was put in place at some point before the game went F2P. Due to the way the engine's databases work players with too many ships were actually causing lag for other players in sector space.
  • defraggerdefragger Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    there is now an overflow bag in your inventory,check there >:)~
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aarons9 wrote: »
    its always been..

No... its actually been like this for about 1/3 of the games existance... It was imposed to minimize instance load.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had the same issue on my KDF and Fed as I accepted the ships. I took them since they are free, and being Sci. I might do one in the future. So I took them for that as well.

I just deleted an older ship I was no longer using. Hit claim, and dismiss it. If I wasn't planning on using it on that captain.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • warlockx1warlockx1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sorry I apparently went brain dead in my time away. I think it's because the freebie ships are adding to your character's ship roster straight from the C Store instead of just making that ship available on the account and you then have to take said character into a station to add it.

Which this method of course kills my Klingon from getting the other unlock :( But I'd been wanting the Neb so happy there :D
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited August 2013
    Sorry I apparently went brain dead in my time away. I think it's because the freebie ships are adding to your character's ship roster straight from the C Store instead of just making that ship available on the account and you then have to take said character into a station to add it.

Which this method of course kills my Klingon from getting the other unlock :( But I'd been wanting the Neb so happy there :D

you have to have a c store ship you can release and reclaim again just to get the free ship.

make sure you take all the items off before you release it tho..
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • sardizasardiza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So what other non-disclosed limits are there for stuff purchased from the c-store; i.e. character slots, costume slots, bridge officer slots, etc.?

(I ask because I bought some more costume slots during the promo in May, and they never showed on my KDF)