Install Arc
Options

Trekkie/Trekker

13»

Comments

• Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How come every time you see a Caitian they not only look different, but act different too? I dont mean in this game, I mean in the comics and movies. Even at one point while researching M'ress I found she was turned into a blue skinned human... =O.o=
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just read about Thomas the Cryptic Cat...darn, looks Like CatStars been upstaged :O

...while his Cinderella story maybe inspiring, im not changing my story line, my toons had the same backstory since I made him up when Caitians where first released! But this may complicate things if I wanted to sell his story as a fiction title...hmm, a tragic end for CatStar...

=X.X=
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    catstarsto wrote: »
    I just read about Thomas the Cryptic Cat...darn, looks Like CatStars been upstaged :O

...while his Cinderella story maybe inspiring, im not changing my story line, my toons had the same backstory since I made him up when Caitians where first released! But this may complicate things if I wanted to sell his story as a fiction title...hmm, a tragic end for CatStar...

=X.X=
    '
    So What, is he a big Tom Cat that eats kilingons for breakfast? Maybe he is a mangy stray filled with fleas and digging in the garbage, I dought they are a selebrated fencing champion of Star Fleet Academy. So What's the Beef?
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Howdy Catstar, feel free to review my new romulan episode if you wish. :)

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=11883131
  • Options
    starhoundstarhound Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Who here is an outright fan of the franchise? What is your favorite series? Why you play the game, what are your goals? What race is the best in the game? What is your favorite character? What character was the best ever, and who was the worst ever? What uniform should be worn, and what crew and ship define the game best? What ship looks the coolest in game? Should Brian Branflakes be Captain of the Enterprise F? Will CatStar teach at Star Fleet Academy? Who is more logical, Spock or (pre emotion chip) Data? Does Captain Sisko ever comeback to DS9 to pickup his baseball? Who can dance better, Tacofangs or Captain Kiki? Will the Borg ever think outside the box? Could Janeway have pulled off the "First Contact" movie mission? Now that Prune juice is a "Warriors Drink" is that why Worf became a regular character? When did the tribble wars begin? Why havent the Borg combined cubes yet for the game like they did in "Armada 2?"

....and more importantly, who will get in the last word in this debate?!! :cool:

To hell with it: Im going to try and answer these:

1. I am a huge Star Trek fan.

2. DS9

3. To revel in a modern Star Trek gaming experience that doesn't suck. I want to pilot a cannon-ish ship and lead a crew to Boldly Go...

4. No race is the best.

5. Whom is my favourite character. In Star Trek? I love them all. Picard, Sisko, Janeway, Kira, Jadzia, B'Elanna, Seven, O'Brien, Data, Trip, Spock...I could go on and on.

6. There is certainly no 'worst'. I never got the Wesley/Neelix hate. Best is a very very hard question. They all have redeemable qualities.

7. We should wear any uniform we wish! The Odyssey seems to define the game, if only because it is the new Enterprise and I read about her in Star Trek magazine.

8. So many are awesome...Galaxy, Intrepid, Sovereign, Prometheus....

9. Who? No.

10. See 9.

11. Tough one. Probably Spock as Data could be illogical from time to time.

12. I really hope so.

13. ......

14. Probably.

15. Janeway can do ANYTHING she wishes.

16. No.

17. Who knows.

18. Because it was cheap and silly.

Think I got them all...
    We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. - Gene Roddenberry
  • Options
    edited August 2013

=X.X=

I believe the guys a Dev so you outrank him.:P
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

=X.X=

:( no noo NOOOO!
  • Options
    edited August 2013

=X.X=

This is only a strategic retreat to a more defensible position where you shall regroup and mount an offensive. Thomas Caitain would never give up, he would always find a loophole that he can exploit. Fight for the honor of all Caitains against this upstart Dev who placed himself in a game like a hidden object to find. I've been playing for quite a while and I've never seen him have you?
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Who here is an outright fan of the franchise? OHOHOH Me me me Pick Me!
    What is your favorite series? All of them
    Why you play the game, what are your goals? To pass the time in the old folks home
    What race is the best in the game? Caitain
    What is your favorite character? Data
    What character was the best ever, and who was the worst ever? Again, Data, worst Sela
    What uniform should be worn, and what crew and ship define the game best? Fed Jupiter Vet Decorated Gold. TNG Enterprise D
    What ship looks the coolest in game? Romulan Vet Ship
    Should Brian Branflakes be Captain of the Enterprise F? Yes
    Will CatStar teach at Star Fleet Academy? Catstar will never retire.
    Who is more logical, Spock or (pre emotion chip) Data? Data
    Does Captain Sisko ever comeback to DS9 to pickup his baseball? Um He's Dead
    Who can dance better, Tacofangs or Captain Kiki? Don't Know but I would love to watch
    Will the Borg ever think outside the box? No
    Could Janeway have pulled off the "First Contact" movie mission? No
    Now that Prune juice is a "Warriors Drink" is that why Worf became a regular character? Worf always seemed to be a little constipated.
    When did the tribble wars begin? After Scotty transported all the tribbles over to them
    Why havent the Borg combined cubes yet for the game like they did in "Armada 2?" Maybe we will see in season 9

....and more importantly, who will get in the last word in this debate?!! OHohohoh Me Me me Pick me Pweeeeeeeze
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited August 2013
    Who here is an outright fan of the franchise?

I was born the day The Squire of Gothos premiered. I'm pretty much doomed to be a Trekker (though, as johnsills noted, we were first Trekkies)

What is your favorite series? No stand-out favorites, though Voyager is my least favorite.

Why you play the game, what are your goals? Pure kick-back-and-relax fun.

What race is the best in the game? I'm partial to Andorians.

What is your favorite character? In game? I've no idea. In the series? Hmmm....possibly McCoy. His wisdom, courage, compassion, and sense of fun are irresistable.

What character was the best ever, and who was the worst ever? Best: again, possibly McCoy. Worst: Phlox, which I realize is strange to many, but that episode where he encouraged Archer to not help an entire race, because of a concept not even fully understood or formalized, amounted to genocide in my book. It could have been handled much better. I'd hate to have him be my doctor, lest he find something in me he'd play tin-plated god with. "First, do no harm..."

What uniform should be worn? Love the Wrath of Khan uniforms, though they always looked like folks would be sweating in them.

Does Captain Sisko ever comeback to DS9 to pickup his baseball? I would think so. He just wasn't pulled into the wormhole for kicks and giggles. The goal is to train him and send him back to guide and lead. Whether DS9 and the baseball are there or not when that happens, who knows?

Will the Borg ever think outside the box? I think the New Collective, which Chakotay unwillingly initiated, might already define "outside the box". The question I have is: when will the New Collective become part of the game? And are they defeating Borg and absorbing their "freed" members?

Could Janeway have pulled off the "First Contact" movie mission? :rolleyes: with Janeway's track record of deus ex machina, I suspect there would have been no need for a jaunt to the past. The sphere would have been wiped out in the opening minutes of the film, forcing a swift end and roll of credits like Bambi vs. Godzilla.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Who here is an outright fan of the franchise?
    Have been since I was six years old and watched "Day of the Dove" on a Zenith Quasar fifteen inch black and white complete with the "bunny ears" antenna on top of it.

What is your favorite series?
    TOS, natch.

Why do you play the game?
    It's Star Trek and I really really like space based 'puter games. 'Nuff said.

What are your goals?
    Same goals as every other game I play: Relax. Enjoy myself. Have fun.

What race is the best in the game?
    I dunno. Sometimes I'm like a kid in a candy store. All the ones I've played so far are fun and there are so many left to try yet.

Who is your favorite character?
    The Doctor from ST:VOY

What character was the best ever?
    General Chang from ST: The Undiscovered Country.

Who was the worst ever character?
    Toss up between Seven of Nine and Wesley Crusher.

What uniform should be worn?
    DS9 unis. For everyone in all factions and the NPC's as well.

What crew and ship define the game best?
    TOS crew and ship.

What ship looks the coolest in game?
    MU Vor'cha. Best looking skin in the game. Besides, it's a Vor'cha!

Should Brian Branflakes be Captain of the Enterprise F?
    Does he meet the time in service and time in grade requirements? If not, then no joy.

Will CatStar teach at Star Fleet Academy?
    He needs to. "I don't think these kids can steer."

Who is more logical, Spock or (pre emotion chip) Data?
    Spock. Because he can see the logic in letting your emotions win out sometimes.

Does Captain Sisko ever come back to DS9 to pick up his baseball?
    He is no longer linear, so he can get it any time he wants.

Who can dance better, Tacofangs or Captain Kiki?
    Dunno. Scared to find out, actually. Might not be pretty at all.

Will the Borg ever think outside the box?
    We are the Borg. The box is irrelevant.

Could Janeway have pulled off the "First Contact" movie mission?
    No. By the time she got done explaining everything to everyone in sight, the Borg would just be finishing up assimilating everything in sight.

Now that Prune juice is a "Warriors Drink" is that why Worf became a regular character?
    Yep. Regularity is important to a warrior.

When did the tribble wars begin?
    Dunno.

Why haven't the Borg combined cubes yet for this game like they did in ST:Armada II?
    I dunno. Maybe because they can't think outside the box?

....and more importantly, who will get in the last word in this debate?!!
    Gonna be fun to find out, isn't it?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.