test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Contraband exchange embargo proposal.

carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Klingon Discussion
This suggestion is probably utterly futile, there are far too many players too interested in lining their own pockets with EC than looking out for their faction's interests, but anyway...

As pretty much everyone here will know, getting Contraband is a hell of a lot easier KDF-side than it is Fed-side. Some Feddies seem to be taking advantage of this supply though, constantly slandering the faction while still buying from us to get their shiny purple crystals. "The KDF are useless", "no-one plays KDF", "who cares about the KDF"... ooh, I'll just buy some Contraband to help hit my dilithium cap. We've all seen it.

I'm therefore proposing that we simply stop selling Contraband on the exchange. If the Feds don't appreciate us, then they don't get our help with their grind. Feel free to feed your Fed alts with Contraband if you want, just keep it out of the hands of the players that don't want anything to do with us.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    KDF's biggest enemy isn't the fed playerbase, its Cryptic.

There are good reasons not to play KDF, just look at the other top posts in this section
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't see how separating the poor ignorant Fedlings from their money harms our interests in any way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lets keep on taking their money, why should we step down to their level?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's not hard to get Contraband as a Fed. I have hundreds of them from Doff missions. I usualy wait till I have about 300 of them and then sell them to Klinks that need them for Starbase projects.

I have Sci, Eng, Tac toons all at 50 for each faction. So with 8 Alts and one primary toon I have lots to choose from and honestly the KDF experience is a little..well... creepy.

You have the RP playes that take being a Klingon waaaaaay to serious. Then others that think that they are the best gamer/PVP'r that ever lived. And if they ever loose then it's because it's the Dev's fault.

I have found that in MMO's the type of person that likes to be the "Bad" guys tend to be a little over the top, and have a little bit of a persecution complex. (Not all mind you)

But weather it's the Sith, Hoard, Cylons, Covenant, House Kurita, ect. The people that pick these factions over being the "good" guys all share some of the same characteristics.
    They always feel opressed, ignored, picked on, that the other factions have better ships, gear. That they are out numbered. That they are ignored by the Devs. Thats not just this game but every 2/3 faction MMO with PVP.
    The "Bad" guys always rage the most on forums, throw the biggest fits in zone chats, and get butthurt more than most when they loose. I dont know what it is that draws this type of personality to the "Red" factions. Time and time again in thses games I have watched these communitys tear themselves apart with in-fighting, no team work, elitist attitudes and on and on.
    This comment is not just about Klingons but it's about the same complaints and attitudes I see from players that choose the Opposing faction in all these games. Can it be that in every online mulit-faction game that the Dev's purposly make one faction better than the other? Give all the attention and support to only the "Good" guys and not the other factions?
    I think it's the players not the game.
  • Options
    bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *suggestions that devs arent at fault for KDF problems*

for your consideration, list of discrepancies between KDF and FED
    history of dev dealings with the kdf, filled empty promises and outright lies
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't agree with the OP.. I happen to think its a non issue, and should be ignoreed.

Redsnake721 .. you aparently have no clue what KDF players have gone though since launch.

3 1/2 years after launch the KDF is where it should have been AT LAUNCH.

The post previous to mine give a couple links that will educate you.

A couple other little assumption that I'll be happy to shoot down for you too.

...............................................................................................................
    You have the RP playes that take being a Klingon waaaaaay to serious. Then others that think that they are the best gamer/PVP'r that ever lived. And if they ever loose then it's because it's the Dev's fault.
    ................................................................................................................

The amount of KDF role players in the ENTIRE STO community that I know of..and I AM a role plyer (even if fairly causal about it) is less then 100, and could well be less then 50.
    If you have an issue with role players, your bringing it up with the wrong faction, in the wrong game. The old school group of KDF players in STO tend to quickly form a solid block of opinion over some issues. If you have an issue with role players KDF side.. I strongly suggest you keep them to your self. Harrassing KDF side role players will not be tolerated.

Another little factoid.

PvP... KDF were, and possible still are the best at PvP in the game. KDF players were over all so good at PvP, that Fed player whined to the dev and got same faction PvP.. Fed v KDF PvP pretty much dissapeared over nite... If KDF players are poor at PvP, then why do fed players work so hard to avoid PvP with KDF players...?

So now you know more then you did.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    canisanubiscanisanubis Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Forget the 'Devs hate klingons' dead horse for a minute. How does selling contraband help the Feds more than it helps the KDF? Contraband exchanges for UNREFINED Dilithium, which may be the easiest substance in the game to obtain. Whereas I can take the money I make from selling Contraband and buy the things people buy with REFINED dilithium for ECs. My Klingon still refines 8000 Dilithium per day, so I'm at a loss how my contraband sales give any kind of comparative advantage to the lazy fed players who would rather feed me ECs than run a few daily missions.
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Boo-hoo; the feds cant get contra as easy.

They can CERTAINLY get refugees a lot easier. I think it works out in the end.

Remember, we don't want the factions to be the same except for different ship skins.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    But weather it's the Sith, Hoard, Cylons, Covenant, House Kurita, ect. The people that pick these factions over being the "good" guys all share some of the same characteristics.
    They always feel oppressed, ignored, picked on, that the other factions have better ships, gear. That they are out numbered. That they are ignored by the Devs. That's not just this game but every 2/3 faction MMO with PVP.
    The "Bad" guys always rage the most on forums, throw the biggest fits in zone chats, and get butthurt more than most when they loose. I dont know what it is that draws this type of personality to the "Red" factions. Time and time again in thses games I have watched these communities tear themselves apart with in-fighting, no team work, elitist attitudes and on and on.
    This comment is not just about Klingons but it's about the same complaints and attitudes I see from players that choose the Opposing faction in all these games. Can it be that in every online multi-faction game that the Dev's purposely make one faction better than the other? Give all the attention and support to only the "Good" guys and not the other factions?
    I think it's the players not the game.
    Wow, to think all this time I have been playing Klingon (and Zerg! Gotta show some love here for mah Homeys, yo!) just because it is fun. Clearly, I am missing out on a bunch of things. As fine a job of psychoanalysis as Dr. Phil could've pulled off. Nearly as meaningful. Almost as public too.

Could some of my fellow KDF players help a warrior out here? If I ever act the way this guy (who has never met me before) says I will, because I prefer to play as the Bad Guys, will you please please come straight away to my house and slap me?

Wasn't this thread supposed to be about Contraband being embargoed?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm therefore proposing that we simply stop selling Contraband on the exchange. If the Feds don't appreciate us, then they don't get our help with their grind. Feel free to feed your Fed alts with Contraband if you want, just keep it out of the hands of the players that don't want anything to do with us.

Sounds like you're just trying to reduce the supply of Contraband on the Exchange so that you could raise your own prices...
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

How exactly would this affect Fed players?

You don know a number of Fed players have KDF alts for the DOFF missions for the contraband I hope. The only one you would be hurting would be yourself. Lordy it is even given as advice in chat when people ask how to get more contraband at times.
  • Options
    begeracbegerac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You mean how many KDF players got Fed alts :D
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wont stop selling it, but there are limits to how competitive my prices will be, I have no problem hoarding it for months if needed.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited August 2013
    just do what i do and buy up all the cheaper ones so mine are the cheapest ones no matter what the price is.

i make millions a month doing this :)
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Speaking as a Fed who supplies Contrabands to the Exchange, I fully support the OP's initiative. Don't get me wrong, I think Klingons crying over the Contrabands nerf is slightly more humoristic than Greek tragedies. :D But to extend that to "Cryptic-hates-Klingons-inferiority-complex", this is just better the "Just for Laughs Festival". ;) The faction that has enjoyed so many super OP toys for the longest time is crying over a few contrabands & starting "I hate Cryptic march"? LOL! I can't wait to see what would happen when Aceton Assimilators are put in a box when the next lock box comes out in a week. Chances are the Klingons' crocodile tears will be enough to fill a lake. :D

Now, I can only imagine the kind of impact on the prices of Contrabands this will have. Maybe they will finally reach for 100K per Contraband? That would make this business even more lucrative for us. As it stands, we are noticing that customers have become more price sensitive with the recent price hikes of Contrabands. Would be interesting to see what happens when Klingons are shut out of the Contraband trades completely. :)
  • Options
    iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aarons9 wrote: »
    just do what i do and buy up all the cheaper ones so mine are the cheapest ones no matter what the price is.

i make millions a month doing this :)

Only millions a month? That's not a lot.
  • Options
    lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    this thread is so full of derp my brain hurts after reading it
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    iskandus wrote: »
    Speaking as a Fed who supplies Contrabands to the Exchange, I fully support the OP's initiative. Don't get me wrong, I think Klingons crying over the Contrabands nerf is slightly more humoristic than Greek tragedies. :D But to extend that to "Cryptic-hates-Klingons-inferiority-complex", this is just better the "Just for Laughs Festival". The faction that has enjoyed so many super OP toys for the longest time is crying over a few contrabands & starting "I hate Cryptic march"? LOL! I can't wait to see what would happen when Aceton Assimilators are put in a box when the next lock box comes out in a week. Chances are the Klingons' crocodile tears will be enough to fill a lake.

LOL :D @ Fed. trolls :P :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited August 2013
    iskandus wrote: »
    Only millions a month? That's not a lot.

i meant to type hundreds of millions lol..
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited August 2013
    This suggestion is probably utterly futile, there are far too many players too interested in lining their own pockets with EC than looking out for their faction's interests, but anyway...

As pretty much everyone here will know, getting Contraband is a hell of a lot easier KDF-side than it is Fed-side. Some Feddies seem to be taking advantage of this supply though, constantly slandering the faction while still buying from us to get their shiny purple crystals. "The KDF are useless", "no-one plays KDF", "who cares about the KDF"... ooh, I'll just buy some Contraband to help hit my dilithium cap. We've all seen it.

lower your prices on the exchange or stop selling contraband altogether, makes no difference to me. Either way i found a way around your price fixing monopoly! :D
  • Options
    krrjakrrja Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Alright, wait... Let me see if I understand the situation correctly from a Federation officers perspective.

You want an embargo for a Federation officer removing contraband from an open market and handing it over to a security officer for disposal? How exactly is the disposal of said contraband contrary to any Federation laws? It is not being used for bribes like it would be in the KDF, it's being handed over to the proper authorities.

By imposing an embargo, it would only make the available contraband increase for use of maintaining criminal activity. Or is limiting and interrupting criminal activity now not a Federation value?
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    begerac wrote: »
    You mean how many KDF players got Fed alts :D

Either/or works for this one. :)
  • Options
    satanailofhwbgsatanailofhwbg Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm playing Fed, and I get 8-10 mil EC a month just from contraband. I guess it's easier to NERF something or ban it instead of putting some effort. And all you need is a couple of Jhamel Thoris doffs.
  • Options
    chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hang on the OP wants to embargo contraband? No way thats my lifeblood.

Raiding Federation installations and seizing Federation freighters for lots of juicy contraband to sell on the intergalactic exchange. Real irony is its probably Feds who can't be bothered to roll a Klingon alt who are buying it anyway. :D

Don't spoil my fun OP. Whats next no more ransoming Fed prisoners? I'm an Orion thats what I do. sheesh. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • Options
    arcanis161arcanis161 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I have found that in MMO's the type of person that likes to be the "Bad" guys tend to be a little over the top, and have a little bit of a persecution complex. (Not all mind you)

They always feel opressed, ignored, picked on, that the other factions have better ships, gear. That they are out numbered. That they are ignored by the Devs. Thats not just this game but every 2/3 faction MMO with PVP.
    The "Bad" guys always rage the most on forums, throw the biggest fits in zone chats, and get butthurt more than most when they loose. I dont know what it is that draws this type of personality to the "Red" factions. Time and time again in thses games I have watched these communitys tear themselves apart with in-fighting, no team work, elitist attitudes and on and on.

Lol, you haven't been to the Caprica server, have you? Absolute 100% role reversal.

Formerly Traven158
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Now now guys let's think about this, A few of my Ferengi DOFFs have pointed out that if we stop putting the contraband ont he exchange for a few days we can increase the value of it.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I knew I was right not to toss those little p'taqs out the airlock.
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My Klin is definately in the minority, as I have 4 Fed-Fed/Rom characters and 1 Klin.And typically, my Fed officers make far more contraband, than my Klin does, each. Only time the reverse is true, is if I STF or do other missions a lot, on my Klin, with her 2 squadrons of slavers (sometimes ya gotta love Orions....)
    And I think I've bought contraband, numbers maybe twice? (Thrice at the most) And I don't know how many do this, but I tend to treat my characters as part of a sorority (since they're all females), that help each other out with equipment, money, and pretty much anything else. Even if I "RP"'ed my characters, I would still stick to that treatment, as they are above the Fed/Klin war (sure they'll fight other Feds, or Klin, depending on the character, as they must, but otherwise, their's a few too many other threats out there to be bashing away at each other unnecessarily)

And, honestly, to the poster who feels that people who are Fed, are lazy, well, you're entitled to your opinion, but I could say the same about a number of Klin players. I just prefer to take ait, on a player by player basis, rather than TRIBBLE-u-me-ing that a certain faction is stereotypical.:cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited August 2013

honestly the KDF experience is a little..well... creepy.

I don't consider the Klingons the bad guys. I think the federation is the bad guys. I am a trek fan big time. The Klingon story evolved over the years so we are not just the Russians (bad guys) anymore. we are a just of a different mind set , that values things other than the federations lying, sneaky, dbl dealing, back stabbing, pretend to be your friend then send assassin after you cut throats.

why do the Klingon aid the deferi? a debt of honor
    why do the feds aid them? it in their best interest's no other reason.

why did the Klingons agree to let Romulans join them? again Honor related after the sacrifice of life to save a Klingon.

why did the feds want and actively sought them out to join? for their own interests.

why did the Klingons beak off the peace treaty with the feds? because the feds would not aid an ally in battle. so the Klingons had to do it themselves.

so I can take it way to serious or just laugh at it all. I just do not like the federation it reminds me of the United Nations, I hate them as well.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, erm, this is a new one.
  • Options
    ficrficr Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My Klin is definately in the minority, as I have 4 Fed-Fed/Rom characters and 1 Klin.And typically, my Fed officers make far more contraband, than my Klin does, each. Only time the reverse is true, is if I STF or do other missions a lot, on my Klin, with her 2 squadrons of slavers (sometimes ya gotta love Orions....)
    And I think I've bought contraband, numbers maybe twice? (Thrice at the most) And I don't know how many do this, but I tend to treat my characters as part of a sorority (since they're all females), that help each other out with equipment, money, and pretty much anything else. Even if I "RP"'ed my characters, I would still stick to that treatment, as they are above the Fed/Klin war (sure they'll fight other Feds, or Klin, depending on the character, as they must, but otherwise, their's a few too many other threats out there to be bashing away at each other unnecessarily)

And, honestly, to the poster who feels that people who are Fed, are lazy, well, you're entitled to your opinion, but I could say the same about a number of Klin players. I just prefer to take ait, on a player by player basis, rather than TRIBBLE-u-me-ing that a certain faction is stereotypical.:cool:

You're doing it wrong.
    My FED and KDF also work together. My KDF contraband FAR outpaced FED. Instead, my FED build Warp Cores and Consoles.

Ex-CoH players, Please add the chat channel "CoX STO"