test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - August 9, 2013

farktoid5000farktoid5000 Member Posts: 72 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update, ST.31.20130803a.2

General
  • Loot window - position of the ?Take All? button to no longer overlaps with the single ?Take? button
  • Transwarp UI will not truncate names for non-English language clients
  • Minor costume updates to a few Reman NPCs
  • Missions that rewarded 10 diplomacy commendation points (such as the noncombat missions "Ancestral Sin" and "Standoff", or ground star cluster diplomacy exploration missions) now award 100 diplomacy commendation points instead
  • All Themed Consumables (Tachyon Grenade, Radiation Resist Hypo, etc.) have had their Lobi Crystal prices reduced from 5 to 2 each.
  • Bundle packs of Themed Consumables are now available on the Lobi Crystal Store. They cost 20 Lobi and have 15 charges included. (This is a discount of 33% over buying them individually)
  • Risian Lohlunat Pearl Bundle and Lohlunat Favor Bundle now indicate that they will only be available for a Limited TimeAdded FX for Inspirational Leader trait
  • Updated the display name of two mission reward Personal Shield Mk II items formerly displayed incorrectly as Mk III
  • Fixed assorted issues with Dosi Rotgut and Fersan Chaggrass stacking and critical buff duration
  • Resolved an issue preventing the ability to take a single item when looting multiple items. It should now be possible to double-click an item to take that item, or to select an item and click the take button
  • Fixed an issue that was preventing characters from using Nukara, Romulan and Fleet Mark tribbles at the expected level
  • Nukara Tribble will now use the correct icon when on cooldown for granting Marks
  • Assorted stability and performance updates

Powers
  • Precise Trait should now work correctly in all space maps
  • Gravimetric Duty Officers - updated description to correclty reflect that they generate Tyken's Rift aftershocks, not Gravity Well aftershocks
  • Fixed a bug that was preventing High Yield versions of Temporal Disruption Devices and Tricobalt Devices from triggering their special Rifts upon detonation
  • Resolved an issue where self-targeting space powers did not work as expected in certain circumstances

Ships
  • Fixes to the Vulcan D?Kyr ship separation and docking animations
  • Reduced the cooldown on launching the D'kyr's Tal'kyr Support Craft to 90 seconds

Foundry
  • When creating a new project, the allegiance selector will no longer list allegiances that are not supported

Hangar Pet Feature
  • Removed duplicate set of Carrier Command options found in players' powers window in space
    • These powers were not responding correctly to user input, or cooperating with the Wing-Specific commands introduced with the Hangar UI
    • This update will remove these icons from any player?s Hotbars who had them slotted
    • They can be replaced by dragging the icons from your Weapons Tray onto your Hotbar
  • Once a hangar pet has decided to Dock with its owner, it will now only remain undocked for a set period of time instead of waiting until it is within range of the owner.
    • This allows players to more quickly make use of the increased Regeneration, without having to wait as long for their pets to return.
  • Bird of Prey hangar pets will no longer briefly display too many HP indicators in the Hangar UI when summoned
  • Fixed a bug with Tachyon Drones that caused them to display the wrong UI layout in the Hangar UI

Fleet Leader Adjustments
  • If there is a Single Leader of a Fleet, and that Leader has not logged in for 30 days, that Leader is considered Inactive.
  • If a Single Leader is inactive, a new Leader is automatically Promoted:
    • Member must be online to become new Leader
    • New Leader gets a pop up telling them they just become the new Leader.
    • New Leader is not Provisional ? they are full Leaders with full Kick/Rescue privileges. They can initiate a Kick if they wish following Ruleset 2 below.
  • Any "non-flagged" or "non-provisional" Leader can initiate a "Kick" on another active Leader.
  • A ?Kick? lasts 2 weeks.
  • If you are flagged as "Kicked", you cannot use any Fleet Powers.
  • Any "non-flagged" or "non-provisional" Leader can remove a Kick. Let's call this a "Rescue".
  • Only one Kick can be in progress at a time.
  • No members can be promoted during a Kick.
  • Provisional Leaders:
    • New Leaders are considered Provisional for 2 weeks after they are promoted to Leader.
    • Provisional Leaders have all Leader Powers except Kick or Rescue.
    • Provisional Leaders can be kicked instantly by any "non-flagged" or "non-provisional" Leader
    • Fleet Creator is not considered Provisional when the Fleet is first formed. He is a full Leader with full Kick/Rescue privileges.

Also, apologies if the formatting on this list is weird. The usual guy is out. Maybe he's in Vegas. I dunno.
Follow your friendly neighborhood EQAH on Twitter! @CrypticEQAH
Post edited by farktoid5000 on

Comments

• Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Quite the list here, and i see the Rom option was an accident... What happens to projects which got this selected?
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Farktoid!!! Good to see a post from your good self! Well fleet leader adjustments are here and, hopefully a step in the right direction. A very interesting post ( or fascinating *raises eyebrow* ).
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Assorted stability and performance updates

Details!

:mad:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank You very much for the upgrade in Diplomacy points.

That was a surprise.

:D

Awww...

Farktoid got left behind ... He didn't get to go to the Ball in Vegas... Poor CinderFella.

Quick, somebody send Him a Fairy GodFather!!!

;)

Sounds like They are finally trying to deal with the Fleet Hacking problem... <Applauds>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And still TNG pants are not getting a fix: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=788441

What is going on cryptic?? You have the time to do some minor costume updated on some Reman NPCs, but the only decent Fed free pants are still bugged! Is because they are free?

And lets not talk about KDF and ROM uniform bugs.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    • Minor costume updates to a few Reman NPCs
    Please let the team know there are problems with Reman PCs.

When, a few patches ago, changes were made to "improve clipping" - it actually made the clipping significantly worse.

Now, one particular pair of Reman Eyewear completely clips outside of the hood through the sides.

So to reiterate, it is now worse after the fix when it was fine before the fix.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Please let the team know there are problems with Reman PCs.

When, a few patches ago, changes were made to "improve clipping" - it actually made the clipping significantly worse.

Now, one particular pair of Reman Eyewear completely clips outside of the hood through the sides.

So to reiterate, it is now worse after the fix when it was fine before the fix.

I'm imagining how Bad-TRIBBLE a Reman PC must be...

<Reman PC Keyboard>
    "...You touch My ENTER button and I'll bite yer fingers off and shove um up yer nose!
    Then I'll use my mental telepathy to make um wiggle!! ..."

<chuckle>
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Foundry
    • When creating a new project, the allegiance selector will no longer list allegiances that are not supported

Does this mean that you guys are not supporting Romulan Foundry missions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zalandexzalandex Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hello Farktoid! Thanks for the patchnotes.

One thing...

Fleet Leader Adjustments
    • If there is a Single Leader of a Fleet, and that Leader has not logged in for 180 days, that Leader is considered Inactive.
      • New Leader is not Provisional ? they are full Leaders with full Kick/Rescue privileges. They can initiate a Kick if they wish following Ruleset 2 below.
    • Any "non-flagged" or "non-provisional" Leader can initiate a "Kick" on another active Leader.
    • Any "non-flagged" or "non-provisional" Leader can remove a Kick. Let's call this a "Rescue".
    • Provisional Leaders:
      • New Leaders are considered Provisional for 2 weeks after they are promoted to Leader.
      • Provisional Leaders can be kicked instantly by any "non-flagged" or "non-provisional" Leader
      • Fleet Creator is not considered Provisional when the Fleet is first formed. He is a full Leader with full Kick/Rescue privileges.

Uhm? I'm not quite sure what some of this means.

Is just a random fleetmember elevated to Leader if the old one is flagged as Inactive? The first who logs in?

And is he then provisional or not?

And to wich kick is this refering? Kicked from the leader position, oder kicked from the fleet?

Sorry.
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Fleet Leader Adjustments
    • If there is a Single Leader of a Fleet, and that Leader has not logged in for 180 days, that Leader is considered Inactive.
    • Provisional Leaders:

I am confused. So kicking someone is only temporary (2 weeks)? Or the person that is kicked still part of the fleet, but just not able to use fleet powers? What is the purpose of this feature? Is this different from removing someone from the fleet completely?
    dmfreddie_1426533189dmfreddie_1426533189 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    • Fixes to the Vulcan D'Kyr ship separation and docking animations

Does this mean we are close to getting that updated (fleet) Galaxy-X?
    Join date: April 2010 ; Lifetime Sub since April 2010. Actual 1000 day vet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud Member of: Fubar Inc.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zalandex wrote: »
    Hello Farktoid! Thanks for the patchnotes.

One thing...

Uhm? I'm not quite sure what some of this means.

Is just a random fleetmember elevated to Leader if the old one is flagged as Inactive? The first who logs in?

And is he then provisional or not?

And to wich kick is this refering? Kicked from the leader position, oder kicked from the fleet?

Sorry.

It means they're trying to prevent a recurrence of what happened to that Caspian fleet. Although I am really not sure this very confusingly worded change is necessary.

It seems they've decided to solve the problem by making it as annoying as possible for a large fleet's leader to kick out other leaders.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There's a nice long list in there, but too little of it will affect my gameplay, and I'm sad to see the only costume mentioned are those belonging to Reman NPCs.

Could we PAYING PLAYING CHARACTERS please get some tailor love?

There are outstanding issues on the Romulan TOS Uniform (pallet issues, supposedly fixed, but not), Romulan Republic 1 Uniform (introduced w/07/25 update), TNG Pants (supposedly under investigation for many weeks now), and clipping on Reman Eyewear/Hood (supposedly fixed, but actually made worse). And that's just some of the recent stuff. There's a laundry list of tailor issues, and hardly a word from the Devs about them.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Trying to make some sense of the fleet changes here, let me know if I'm getting this correct. If say a fleet has 5 leaders, 1 of the 5 can kick another from the fleet, but that same leader or one of the other 3 remaining can "rescue" the kicked leader and restore him for up to 2 weeks. During this 2 week period no other fleet leader can be kicked. I also assume fleet leaders can not demote each other anymore. After the 2 weeks is up the kicked leader is gone.

These changes would also only apply to rank 7 fleet leaders, not to normal members rank 6 and below.

If the above is all correct then this sounds like a good system to me, and a reason to make sure your fleet has atleast 3 rank 7 members.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    john98837 wrote: »
    Trying to make some sense of the fleet changes here, let me know if I'm getting this correct. If say a fleet has 5 leaders, 1 of the 5 can kick another from the fleet, but that same leader or one of the other 3 remaining can "rescue" the kicked leader and restore him for up to 2 weeks. During this 2 week period no other fleet leader can be kicked. I also assume fleet leaders can not demote each other anymore. After the 2 weeks is up the kicked leader is gone.

These changes would also only apply to rank 7 fleet leaders, not to normal members rank 6 and below.

If the above is all correct then this sounds like a good system to me, and a reason to make sure your fleet has at least 3 rank 7 members.

Actually, I think it means that if a Fleet Leader has been inactive for 180 days, the system will automatically assign that title to the next fleet member who signs into the game with the highest rank, after that time.

At that point, THAT person will be able to assume the title and Temporarily 'kick' the missing Fleet Leader out for a two week period.
    (one must assume that if that person comes back before that time, they can go back to being the Leader of the Fleet)

The part that's confusing is the "Provisional" part.
    Paragraph two somewhat negates paragraph one by adding the Two Week 'Provisional' status to the new leader, which in paragraph one says the new leader is not 'Provisional'.

That fact that Only ONE Member can be 'Kicked' at a time, is the important part.
    This gives the other members of a 'TRIBBLE' Fleet, a chance to reclaim said Fleet.
    Hopefully, this will hold true for all instances of this type, not just when the Fleet Leader has been missing for the 180 days,.

I think another important part of this is that none of this can happen till 180 days passes.
  • Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ships
    • Fixes to the Vulcan D?Kyr ship separation and docking animations
    • Reduced the cooldown on launching the D'kyr's Tal'kyr Support Craft to 90 seconds

Would that mean they fixed it before being handed for free? I would so love it!!!
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The usual guy is out. Maybe he's in Vegas. I dunno.

Best line in an update post ever... :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I guess what I'm curious about is how the demotion process works for fleet leaders. Can fleet leaders still be demoted? The fleet I'm in is looking at restructuring which will necessitate lowering the number of tier 7 fleet leaders a bit and moving some of them to be tier 6 officers. Can that still happen? Or is the only way to demote the leaders now to kick them and re-add them later? Would the same 2 week process apply to demotions?
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update, ST.31.20130803a.2

General
    • Added FX for Inspirational Leader trait

What is this? I've never heard of it before.
  • Options
    appletontrekappletontrek Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It there going to be a tailor fix coming soon. I have seen many threads on it and its really annoying not to be able to change uniforms of Bridge Officers without a crash to desktop happening each time.
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does it kick based on @handle or individual character?

How will this affect people with multiple alts in a fleet?
  • Options
    bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Fleet Leader Adjustments

This is way too long. 30days was too long but manageable

The other changes are great for fleets with top heavy leadership, but this 180 day thing is insanely long, you can complete a starbase holding in that time. It will force me to change the leadership structure and expose the fleet to more risk. Please revert it back to 30 days from 180 days.
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am thinking this Fleet Leader change is an extremely bad idea.

Consider these scenarios:
    1. A fleet has multiple leaders. One of these leaders goes completely bat**** insane, or maybe just flat out goes AWOL. The other two leaders have him removed from power before he causes damage. Unfortunately, this guy has multiple alts, or even multiple accounts: It is now IMPOSSIBLE to remove this guy, because only ONE person can be removed, the process takes *2 WEEKS*, and seeing this will almost CERTAINLY make an already unhinged individual you are attempting to remove from leadership for his own good even more unhinged, probably driving him to cause destruction. In fact, it is impossible to remove this guy, because as only one alt can be kicked at a time, he will just switch to another character and unkick himself. Even if he is simply AWOL and being removed as a precautionary measure, to remove all of his 30 alts will take over a year at 2 weeks per alt removed. During this time, assuming the fleet doesn't explode into civil war, NO ONE CAN BE PROMOTED. Fleet business grinds to a dead halt.

2. A one-man fleet is attempting to rearrange his alts. He now cannot remove himself from a leadership position faster than once per 2 weeks.

3. A fleet leader must temporarily leave the fleet, to deposit stuff in another fleet, buy a fleet ship, etc., or any number of reasons people temporarily leave fleets. He promotes an alt to leader, but this alt is now "Provisional". He then leaves, does his business, and returns. He is now also provisional. The fleet now has no full leader.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the fleet creator having full rights has got me confused. do they retain that ability after they or kicked or not?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm still trying to understand the fleet change. I've re-read that section a half-dozen times now. So let me see if I get this straight:

Because Caspian Division was run by a douchebag, you're going to COMPLETELY PARALYZE a large fleet that has to boot a fleet admiral? NO ONE can be promoted or kicked for TWO WEEKS?

And what happens if the leader being booted has a friend... or an alt character at the same rank? You're going to stick a large fleet into a perpetual kick/rescue griefing loop?

Also, why the heck can't we sort a fleet roster by @name? Actually, why is the fleet roster so terrible? Seriously- when you select a name and click on the promote/demote/kick buttons, it just applies that to a random person whose name was not selected. We have to use the right-click context menu only now, the buttons are completely unsafe. And it's always a fun guessing game to see if it actually saves changes to an officer note.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Because Caspian Division was run by a douchebag, you're going to COMPLETELY PARALYZE a large fleet that has to boot a fleet admiral? NO ONE can be promoted or kicked for TWO WEEKS?
    That's what it looks like. And if the leader being booted had multiple alts to be booted, the lockdown becomes nigh-unending, even without a Kick/Rescue war. In my fleet, we have 3 leaders, two of which have in excess of 30 alts. If someone dies and their account has to be removed for security, since they are dead and will never return, specifically to avoid a Caspianesque instance where a long-dead leader returns as an angry ghost somehow, it would take OVER A YEAR to remove a leader's corpse. Even making it by @name is no solution: That's still over a dozen @names to remove. And this is in the most benign condition possible: The actual physical death of the someone and their cleanup.

During which, as mentioned, all of fleet business is completely paralyzed. This is absurd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited August 2013
    I personaly Do not get this new Fleet Leaders Ship System.... and i need to know how it will affect me and my fleets along with my other Fleet Admirals....

So what im proposing is we log into tribble and create a fleet were all founding members are *leaders* and test out the new *features*

I'll be in the tribble from

10:05Am ---- 2pm (PDT - GMT - 7hrs) ****Or untill the server is available****

@comrademoco
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It there going to be a tailor fix coming soon. I have seen many threads on it and its really annoying not to be able to change uniforms of Bridge Officers without a crash to desktop happening each time.

Cryptic, while you fix this PLEASE fix the Marauding BOFF Clothing Option (KDF and KDF aligned Romulan)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Fleet leader system aint broken, no need to fix it... If someone's fleet goes **** up because someone else was stupidly immature then that's their own fault for promoting someone they don't trust... And that explanation is WAY overcomplicated...
  • Options
    ballermarisballermaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for the Fleet Leader Fix. It was badly needed.

Ballermaris - Caspian Rising (Caspian Division)