test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Did the Borg attack V'ger?

2»

Comments

• adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I highly doubt it but also never did a mind meld with the creator of ST.

If the borg had come across vger...I also doubt they would have helped it. the would have assimiliated it for knowledge.

On the off chance it was so primitive and the Borg saw it as inferior and not worth note...kinda like the fede scientists that were 7 of 9's parents...why would the borg help it in any manner?

The Borg do not help others..or at least there is no precedance in them doing so from all my reading save one instance with the Undine and the Feds,

I really wish the devs had left Vger/Borg alone and not intertwined them.

Other supporting thoughts...Vger used pure energy to store.....it did not assimilate. If it had been improved by the Borg would it not resemble them in some fashion......perhaps assimilating ilea and Decker.....rather then turning him to pure energy.

One last thought...the borg strived to merge flesh with technology....Vger did this perfectly.....recreating it entirely perfectly......why would they return to an inferior form...aka assimilated beings with some cyber technology...

it all does not mesh well together.....
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • carl104carl104 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    To clear up a couple of points for those curious about the shattnerverse V'Ger borg tie in.

bassiclly the borg that V'Ger encountered where in their pre-assaimillate everything in sight phase. In fact if my memmory serves they where a pure machine civilisation at that point. The times are a bit off with voyager, but i don;t think that episode was written then so he can't be blamed for that.

Overall the idea that V'Ger might have been thrown backwards in time, (black holes cuasing time travel was allready cannon at this point), is quiet resonable. So too is the idea that it might have encountered some early form of the borg before their assamilaition phase really got going. It's just a case of getting the dates to make sense.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If Peter David didn't write that damned book there wouldn't have been such a desire to tie everything in with the Borg.
    <3
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I prefer the Destiny novels as the creation of the Borg, tbh I prefer the Destiny/Typhoon Pact storyline to the STO one, I think if they had followed the Style of the books where you choose a Alliance, then a faction and finally a species it would've been a much better game.

Did V'Ger discover the Borg planet? Possible yes, but I think it could've been another Machine species like those Automatic Units (Pralor?) from Voyager who were completely machine lifeforms.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • bbfknightbbfknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    this is from ST Legacy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anMOQ3vTy9k
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    V'ger had no idea what biological life was. If it created or met the Borg, it would know that fact.

Face it, the borg's history is probably really boring. Humanoids going "hey, we add a few implants to help with this or that" and then "hey, let's connect directly to the internet via our brains" and then "hey, what about a single server to route all this data" and bam! Collective conscience.

Now that I type that...didn't SG1 have an episode kinda like that? :D

===post above is by draxounguis===

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further :) ~BranFlakes
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
This discussion has been closed.