test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TAL's Art Shop: Now Open & Taking Requests

talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Ten Forward
GRAPHICS HERE! GET YOUR GRAPHICS HERE!

Hi folks, I'm studying to be a graphic designer (self-studying). I figure, while I'm working a blah job while saving up for some classes, I'd be more than happy to make graphics for people (ex. sigs, website banners, wallpaper, emblems/badges, dedication plaque, etc).

This will be done free of charge of course, I just want more practice is all... that and I love doing it. If you want to enhance your community gaming experience, then look no further.

Here are a few rules, nothing bad, I promise!
Due to real life, I can only finish a set amount of products in a limited window of time.

No in-game compensation is required, all I ask is that you don't claim you made the graphic work. What would be a big help, would be to direct others that like whatever it is I made you, to this thread, to my 'how to make a tal' thread, and most importantly to my deviantart site... as that's where you'll be able to download your final piece.

Seeing as the end-products will not be stamped with my signature or logo, they will be yours to use. However, this is only for personal use and not commercial use.

Please be polite when requesting, if you feel that projects are taking too long in regards to your request, please keep in mind that I am doing this in my free time. I do reserve the right to refuse work :P

___

Please be as specific as possible with your request, sizing, feel, mood, example, etc. The more I have to work with, the closer it will be to your expecations.

Once you have requested your item I will go by the first post you made. I will then upload it to my deviantart folder where you can download it. If its not too much trouble, leave a kind word there if you liked the gift. Request your work in this thread, then just pick it up over at the weblink I'll provide below.

Here's the catch, I won't use premade graphics (unless its screenshots from STO). Everything will be done from scratch, that's so I can practice and you get something unique.

___

TAL's Deviant Art Site

Recent Sample Work:
NC Web Header (draft)
NCDS Badge
NCadam forum sig
___

Current Projects:
1) Nova Core -AdamReynolds sig [COMPLETE] Link
2) Lag Industries- Aquitaine web graphics [COMPLETE] Link
3) thay8472- foundry Mirror Wars sig [COMPLETE] Link
4) bumblebush - forum sig [COMPLETE] Link
5) borgressistance - forum sig, background image, website banner IN PROGRESS
6) marcusdkane - forum sig
7) Bluegeek - website graphics
8) Crusader2007 - website banner
9) Guiliman - secret german sto project banner
10) thay872 - wallpaper
11) lincolninspace - foundry flyer
12) thay8472 - wallpaper
13) JumpingJS - forum sig
14) Horizon - footer graphic
15) Open!
16) Open!

[SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Post edited by talzerotwo on

Comments

• aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey TAL!

Would it be possible to commission you for some new banners for our website? The banners are great, we love them! But the site's not really changed in two years, would it be possible to have some new ones?

These are what we have currently:
    Main Banner
    Others
    Others
    Others

I know you said you'd do them for free, but i'm sure we can come up with some nice ingame related toys as our thanks :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Uhmmm...

Don't suppose I could get something (A signature) for my "Mirror Wars" series?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey TAL!

Would it be possible to commission you for some new banners for our website? The banners are great, we love them! But the site's not really changed in two years, would it be possible to have some new ones?

These are what we have currently:
    Main Banner
    Others
    Others
    Others

I know you said you'd do them for free, but i'm sure we can come up with some nice ingame related toys as our thanks :). Is there a specific size you want for the header?

Yes of course, consider them free for now :P maybe in the future. Ill sign up there shortly. Now were you looking for something similar? different? what sizes? what sort of theme/feel/mood did you want.
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Uhmmm...

Don't suppose I could get something (A signature) for my "Mirror Wars" series?

Sure I'd love to. Do you happen to have a link to your story? I might also need some screenshots at some point for scrap work. But not before you have that link :D

edited August 2013
    forum sig complete for adam. will start working on lag ind banners with info provided (ie similar banners of same size?

• aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes please!

I dug up this link in case there was anything there of any use. You need only call if you need anything ^_^

As for moods etc it's kinda hard, our colours are red, white and black, the front page banner was originally done as a kind of cross between star trek wall panels and quite businesslike feels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi Tal. Great thread!

I was wondering if you can help me out with a little something?

Iv been working on an STO forum signature for about 2 months with PhotoShop, but i just dont no what to do with it:) I guess i just dont have a big imagination.

(Details) - In my Sig, my background is empty space with stars, and I have my Fed toon with my Omega Fed toon. With some inner and outer glows around my characters, its nothing special and far from finished. You'll see it at the bottom of my post.

What i would like to see in the background behind my fed toon would be a planet, preferably a bluish looking planet. And around the planet would be a bluish glow radiating from the planet. Or a glow that would match the color of the planet.
    And coming off the radiating glow, some kind lens flares would be nice. I dont want the whole planet visible in my sig just behind my Fed toon off to the side, like half of it showing.

Thats pretty much it, iv tried doing this exact thing but keep failing horribly.:)

Hope my description helps, if you need further detail plz let me no!

This is my sig = sto_forum_signature_by_bumblebush4z0-d6c4kdi.jpg

"This is Admiral BumBleBush!..Captain of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hello

i must say: what a friendly offer, i'm not good with graphics myself.so i happily use youre offer for it:

i have a few things i would like:

1, a banner for my account, with (if possible) a scimitar involved, i love my kdf-rom scimi, and i would love a banner from it.

i dont know the max allowed size for a forum banner/sign, but if possible max size allowed and a scimitar firing or facing a foe, like the nemesis movie cover. ( http://confusedmatthew.com/images/nemesis621.jpg ) maybe just decloacking, or halfway the decloack procedure, so that the scimitar is 50% from nose to half viseble, and the back still decloacking.

2, my pc lacks a nice custom made background, could you make a nice one with a scimitar?

i have a 22 inch screen, so 1920x 1080 would be great, it is a full hd led screen, so high def/full hd would be awesome! a scimitar firing a thalaron core, or dhc's, to a planet, a green bleu planet like earth. not to dark, also not to bright colors, a dangerous looking, angry all devouring scimitar :D
    perhaps some slayed foe's or scared enemy's far away? i would like to have the scimitar clearly viseble.

3, my fleet is making a site, is there any change you can make a fleet banner aswell?
    we are mostly a federation focused fleet, called " alpha squadron" perhaps a defiant and some other well known fed ships facing the person behind the desktop, with the federation of planets logo?

i hope you can do something with it, and considering you do it in youre free and spare time, if its to much, i would love the desktop background as main project, if its not to much, the banner as second, and...if i really dont ask to much, the fleet banner as last :D

thanks again for this generous offer, and good luck
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's a fantastic offer :) If I could request a forum signature featuring Courteney Cox (Cougar Town not Friends) in an STO Captain's uniform, possibly on the bridge of an Intrepid or Sovereign class starship, that would be awesome :) If not, no worries :)
    edited August 2013
    Sure I'd love to. Do you happen to have a link to your story? I might also need some screenshots at some point for scrap work. But not before you have that link

I sent you a message here on these fourms.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited August 2013
    I've added you all to the que and will start working first come first serve. Just remember, if you are able to get high rez screenshots of the ingame ships or characters you want in your product, that would be a BIG help to me :) as I can't login with my current computer.

edited August 2013
    Thank you so much Tal, you are a life saver!:)

And if you need anything like "pictures" or anything and have a question regarding my Sig,
    PLZ send me a private message.

"This is Admiral BumBleBush!..Captain of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
    edited August 2013
    Update:

2) Lag Industries- Aquitaine web graphics [COMPLETE] Link

Will begin work on thay8472's tomorrow, time for bed :).

• idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Very nice, keep up the good work TAL. :)
    signwidrona.png
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd like to take you up on your offer, if possible.

This is our fleet forum: http://z15.invisionfree.com/Federation_Reborn/index.php?

I don't have the time or inclination to maintain a full website, but it would be nice to make this one look better.

As you can see, the banner image is very simple and doesn't really match the rest of the site. It has the in-game fleet badge and the fleet name in a free Trek-like font.

The theme of the fleet is taking the Federation (and Starfleet) back to its' core ideals.

We were able to replace the forum notification icons with black and white Starfleet badges, but deeper in the site the standard free Invision icons dominate. The standard New Topic, New Poll, and Add Reply buttons are also unchanged and the gradiated blue bar at the top of every section is actually a graphic image that I am unable to replace with anything that will stretch to fit the width of the page.

I'm open to changing the color scheme (or anything else) and can provide you with the underlying CSS so you can see how it's structured. It took me hours of experimentation to get it the way it is and I'll understand if you can't get that involved. You can do as little or as much as you like.

PM me if anything strikes your fancy.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
    edited August 2013
    requests accepted and added to the que

• crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hello there,

We would also love to take you up on that offer for our website:

http://stoliberty.guildlaunch.com/forums/index.php?gid=275613

Our banner is kind of generic and would like to see other options for a combined site for both KDF and FED fleets we use. Our Fed fleet is Starfleet Liberty and KDF Orion Liberty fleet. We combined both names into "Liberty Fleet". We can put the statue of Liberty as a background with a FED/KDF ship coming out into outer space...just a thought but leave up to you to tweak our banner as well as palette colors that could be more Startrek friendly.

Thanks very much for all your help

Please contact @2007-2007 as needed.
    DUwNP.gif

• guili1guili1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I need a Banner/logo for my upcoming German STO Project.
    I can`t share details in the public, but it will be an offer for the German community.

But I am totally untalented with creating Graphics, so a Banner/Logo from you
    would be awesome.
    I have no idea currently how it should look like, but if there is some place for me in the que.
    I will think about it.

Thanks!
    Guiliman
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    looks like many people like this idea:D
    edited August 2013
    4) bumblebush - forum sig IN PROGRESS

New requests added to que, and thank you for the kind words and support :). It's def a learning process. Note I've uploaded updated versions of already completed projects to my deviant art page. slightly cleaner versions. I will contact each of you once your project is next in line.

edited August 2013
    talzerotwo wrote: »
    4) bumblebush - forum sig IN PROGRESS

New requests added to que, and thank you for the kind words and support :). It's def a learning process. Note I've uploaded updated versions of already completed projects to my deviant art page. slightly cleaner versions. I will contact each of you once your project is next in line.

You = Best thing since the discovery of sliced bread!

I'll begin working on idea's for an Ask'kaar - Tal Foundry mission :)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited August 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    You = Best thing since the discovery of sliced bread!

I'll begin working on idea's for an Ask'kaar - Tal Foundry mission :)

Coo beans :D. I can't wait to see it :D

• lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi Tal. I am a graphic design hobbyist myself but I keep putting a little project on the back burner. I have to promote my first published mission: A Time to Search. I want to do a post on the website starbaseugc and create a cool poster for that post. My idea for the post is to give it a funky 60's look like these: http://www.blastr.com/2012/08/4_far_out_retro_star_trek.php or http://www.blastr.com/2013-2-12/amok-time-3-more-awesome-retro-star-trek-tos-posters or http://www.blastr.com/2012/09/4_awesomely_retro_posters.php . Since the mission is a time to search I was thinking of using a starfleet ship and make the saucer look like a clock or sundial (see the poster for the the ultimate computer). I would also like the poster to look like a cover for an old paperback novel. Let me know if you are interested.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
    edited August 2013
    Sounds like an exciting challenge :D i'll add it to the que

edited August 2013
    Sutherland - Wallpaper

^^

As you requested :P
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited August 2013
    UPDATE

5) borgressistance - forum sig, background image, website banner IN PROGRESS

• crappyturbocrappyturbo Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    @talzerotwo not a request just a compliment on the great work that you have completed in this thread. In all honesty I have trouble doing a straight line with a ruler:D
    edited August 2013
    @talzerotwo not a request just a compliment on the great work that you have completed in this thread. In all honesty I have trouble doing a straight
    line with a ruler:D

Thanks very much, I'm learning as I go. :) Slowly but surely. I make it a point to learn something new with each project (on that note if anyone needs their's redone at a later point due to a possible 'draft' nature of their product, just message me :P)

• jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hello Tal I think your work is superb!

But ... can I also take up your offer?

I would really like a forum signature, but only if you don't mind doing it.

I am a big fan of TNG, and I would love a forum signature of the Ent-D (You can choose it's best looking angle), Data and Picard from the Episode "Contagion" (Series 2 of TNG).

But it is not quite as straightforward as that. :D Oh no ... as a kind of challenge ... could you do it in this sort of style : http://www.startrek.com/article/first-look-new-star-trek-art-prints-released

(But without who directed it and who starred etc, just the title of the Episode and the 3 object that I specified before.)

And 1 more requirement.

At the bottom left hand side of the Sig, could you say "Created by Tal"

As a kind of thank you, but also I think having the "Signature" or "Mark" of artist , makes the Art for me.

Please remember, if you do not want too, that is fine.

Seb
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
    edited August 2013
    talzerotwo wrote: »
    UPDATE

Got it!
    Love it!

Keep up the great work, I recommend you.:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Que updated, thanks for the kind words :).

5) borgressistance - forum sig, background image, website banner IN PROGRESS (AWAITING INBOX RESPONSE)

Ill wait about 24 hours on this. If anyone knows borgressistance in-game, tell them to check their inbox :P. Otherwise I'll get started on the next one in que.

Also just a friendly reminder in case anyone missed it. Everything I will do, will be from scratch. This is so I can practice more, as well as the fact I don't want to deal with the creative rights of other artists and their work. If you see a picture you like, I'll do my best to copy the feel of it, but wont use the same image. However, the catch is if there are screenshots of things ingame that you can get, then I have no problem working with those... you or a friend would have to get those ingame screenshots though (ships places char), as I cant login game since my gaming comp broke.

cheers n hugs!