test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Federation Orion Science bridge officer candidate

zetkhon#3224 zetkhon Member Posts: 45 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hello,

Why can't I sell my Federation Orion Science bridge officer candidate, which I got from Rank 4 Diplomacy. I saw 5 already on the exchange.

The system seems to recognise her as an Orion Science Bridge officer. I didn't not train her she is still pack with my other bridge officers that I am going to sell on the exchange.

It would be helpful if you could sort the problem out.

It doesn't say anywhere that this Fed is bound to me . According to STO wiki I should be able to sell or trade her.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

PS: I have been playing this game for a year and an half and never got any thing nice to trade and that I have something, I cannot trade her nor sell her.

Thank you.
Post edited by zetkhon#3224 on

Comments

• nealhpnealhp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There was some changes they made several months back where you can not sell your diplomatic bridge officers anymore. You can still find someone to trade with. If you can get some to trade you a ship that is worth the same value as your bridge officer you would then have an opportunity to sell the ship for some EC.
  • zetkhon#3224 zetkhon Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for your answer. But I cannot trade her nor sell her. I have tried to trade her with someone with no success. Further more I know some players whom actually sold them on the exchange and that wasn't 3 months ago.

If she was bound to me it would say so on the description.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for your answer. But I cannot trade her nor sell her. I have tried to trade her with someone with no success. Further more I know some players whom actually sold them on the exchange and that wasn't 3 months ago.

If she was bound to me it would say so on the description.

Nope. The Jem'Hadar bridge officer doesn't say it is bound. The same for the Reman science boff you can get as a reward during the featured series rerun event. Neither say they are bound and neither can be traded or sold.

And when did they change it so you couldn't sell/trade diplomacy boffs? Jeez.

Well I keep them and use them anyway. I remember around season 7 launch when they changed the fleet duty officers you buy at your starbase to not be tradeable anymore (not sure if it's the box only or if the doff is also bound to you when you open it).

This kinda stuff never makes sense to me.
    edited July 2013
    None of the bridge officer rewarded during the missions can be traded. Everyone knows that. But the Bridge officer from an ennemy faction for achieving diplomacy rank 4 has always been tradeable or you could sell it on the exchange. I haven't seen any release note stating that those bridge officers could not be sold nor traded.

I don't know what happened in the last patch, but they messed up everything. Including my Fleet engineer fabrication that only give 2 turrets like the regular kit MK X very rare who now only give 2 turrets also. Even when a very rare duty officer is in ground duty.

But I pretty sure that cryptic doesn't care so long the money still flowing in from the players.
    edited July 2013
    None of the bridge officer rewarded during the missions can be traded. Everyone knows that. But the Bridge officer from an ennemy faction for achieving diplomacy rank 4 has always been tradeable or you could sell it on the exchange. I haven't seen any release note stating that those bridge officers could not be sold nor traded.

I don't know what happened in the last patch, but they messed up everything. Including my Fleet engineer fabrication that only give 2 turrets like the regular kit MK X very rare who now only give 2 turrets also. Even when a very rare duty officer is in ground duty.

But I pretty sure that cryptic doesn't care so long the money still flowing in from the players.
    edited July 2013
    Sorry for the mistake above. Posted twice the same thing. lol
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For your information:

1. You can't put a T4 Diplomacy BOFF on the exchange anymore. It was possible before Season 6 or so, but it was changed since then. The ones you see on the exchange nowadays are Diplomacy BOFFs which were claimed before Season 6 and are still tradeable on the exchange. If you got your Orion BOFF in Season 7 or later, you can't put it on the exchange.

2. The BOFF Candidate you have right now is bound to character and thus can't be traded in any way.

3. You have to commision the BOFF, remove ALL equipment from him/her (that means hypos, weapons, armor, everything) and sell her via player-to-player direct trade.

4. The usual price for T4 Diplomacy BOFFs is from 15 to 40 million EC. Don't bother to ask for more than 40 million, because no one will pay that much. Orions go for 25 mil, Gorn are more expensive, 35-40 mil.
  • bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For your information:

4. The usual price for T4 Diplomacy BOFFs is from 15 to 40 million EC. Don't bother to ask for more than 40 million, because no one will pay that much. Orions go for 25 mil, Gorn are more expensive, 35-40 mil.

Why are Gorn so prized?
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
    edited July 2013
    Thank you very much for the update. Now They just need to resolve the problem with my fabrication engineering Kits. ( fleet and Regular). :)
  • bakenbraadbakenbraad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    drake122svk"1.
    You can't put a T4 Diplomacy BOFF on the exchange anymore. It was possible before Season 6 or so, but it was changed since then. The ones you see on the exchange nowadays are Diplomacy BOFFs which were claimed before Season 6 and are still tradeable on the exchange. If you got your Orion BOFF in Season 7 or later, you can't put it on the exchange.

2. The BOFF Candidate you have right now is bound to character and thus can't be traded in any way.

3. You have to commision the BOFF, remove ALL equipment from him/her (that means hypos, weapons, armor, everything) and sell her via player-to-player direct trade. "

I tried to trade my Orion off by user to user trade, no success, So I have to add my Orion off to my crew first and then I can trade her by user to user trade? Pff 25 M EC, That's allot, Now I know why people starting bidding on her, They all wanted her.... They offered 3 M EC!
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Huh, funny, cause I was able to sell my Orion Female for 100mln two months ago. But I admit, it was through the exchange, as the boff wasn't bound.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • bakenbraadbakenbraad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Huh, funny, cause I was able to sell my Orion Female for 100mln two months ago. But I admit, it was through the exchange, as the boff wasn't bound.

Did you assigned your boff to Join you're crew first and sold it afterwards? Because I can't put it on exchange now. I received my boff and did not assigned it, So its still in join /train up/not now...

I really would like to know, because I could use the EC... Now I know I'm not going to sell my boff for 3 M.... Its worth more!!!!!!
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bakenbraad wrote: »
    Did you assigned your boff to Join you're crew first and sold it afterwards? Because I can't put it on exchange now. I received my boff and did not assigned it, So its still in join /train up/not now...

I really would like to know, because I could use the EC... Now I know I'm not going to sell my boff for 3 M.... Its worth more!!!!!!
    I got this boff years ago and kept it in my Candidate Roster. This is probably why I was able to put it on exchange, as it was claimed before it was made bound.
    PyKDqad.jpg