test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is the New Enemy the Voth?

matixzonmatixzon Member Posts: 120 Arc User
Is the New Enemy the Voth?, Well, I was playing with the character creator when I noticed a new option for Gorn eyes called "Voth", I don't remember ever seeing this option before, as such, I think this may mean the new enemy is the Voth, as we currently have no Voth NPCs in-game, this may mean the Voth are coming soon, and their character models are similar to the Gorn.

http://tinypic.com/r/out93c/5

DStalh has shown desire to put the Voth in-game, Having mentioned them as far back as 2011 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3396497&postcount=10), He has stated that they could possibly tie-in with the Gorn Featured Series, We know from the space adventure zone concept art the new enemy has huge structures the Voth are known for, All evidence favors the Voth as the new enemy coming soon, The next featured series possibly being the Gorn one, Or the Voth relating to the Gorn in some way, As mentioned in Ask Cryptic November.

Ask Cryptic November: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=769201
@mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
Post edited by matixzon on

Comments

• Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited July 2013
    Oooh, that's an interesting development.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If so, they shouldn't be - I thought Voy left them on semi-good terms? Besides, their ships are ginoromous....
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well, The structure seen on the concept art on the lastest State of the Game is absolutely huge, That also supports the Voth theory.
    @mawexzon

• Options
    rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Voth believe they and only they come from Earth, they could see humans as an inferior spiecies that has polluted the world of their birth and basically come to claim it back, by any means.

I dont think they left on any good terms with Voyager. They see us as heretics to their doctrine.

The Voth are intolerant religeous whackjobs. Dinosaur decendant Jihadists.
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • Options
    midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Voth might be a possible playable species then for the next expansion that could be out next year!

But the image on the state of the game looks more Malon to me especially giving the green gas being ejected by the structure and the blue weapons fire towards the star ship flying through it.

It makes me think that the new space adventure zone will be an starship atmospheric mission involving the Malon!
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Vaadwaur....
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It will be the Voth.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If so, they shouldn't be - I thought Voy left them on semi-good terms? Besides, their ships are ginoromous....

Nah, the terms weren't good. The Voth leadership rejected the premise offered by the existence of the human race and the evidence offered, and put forth an ultimatum in order to force the dissenting paleontologist into recanting his ideas.

So I would classify the relationship as 'icy'. The Voth aren't comfortable with something that contradicts their Doctrine, and may very well decide to simply eliminate any evidence of said contradiction.

It's an interesting idea, really, and it would be interesting to try fighting the Voth in this game. They seemed even more technologically advanced than the Borg in many respects.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Well, they were also at truce with Undine, and they thought they crippled the Borg...
  • Options
    aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It was stated various times in the past that if they were going to do sth. with the Delta Quadrant it would involve the Voth.
    DStahl said many times he wants the Voth.

Look at the picture in the Blog about the Status Quo update which was released a couple of days ago. It should represent the Space Adventure Zone they are talking about and if you look closer it is a gigantous Tower sort of thing with a Federation Starship firing inside it...

Watch the Voyager episode and see how big the Capital Ship was and add 1+1...It is the Voth. Especially, now that you found Voth declared specifics in the creator. It would not surprise me if in the coming builds on Tribble a Voth Ship slips through as it did in the past.

Long story short: Yes, the Voth.;)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    As huge as the Voth ships were, I can already see the Voth Lockbox containing the Biggest, slowest carrier ever :D.
    @mawexzon

• Options
    matrix0matrix0 Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Here is the storyline:

After Voyager left, a rebellion started. As the new scientific evidences emerged, people started to question about the Doctrine. It split the Voth apart. In order to reunite the people, the Elders decided to conquer Earth to prove the superiority of the Voth and also to reclaim the lost homeworld. The Voth rebels, however, didn't think it was a right course of action. They decided to join the Federation in the fight.

The Gorn, after conquered by the Klingon Empire, saw a new light with the arrival of Voth in the Alpha quadrant. Those who thought that they were 2nd class citizens in the Klingon Empire and those who thought that the reptilian race were superior to the mamals, decided to join their kinsmen. The Klingon High Council signed a truce with the Federation and joined the fight of this new deadly enemy.

A highly advanced nomadic race, the Voth lived in a space fortresses equipped with transwarp drive.

** soz gtg... to be continue :D
  • Options
    chainfallchainfall Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What else would a massive flotilla of nomads do but return to their homeworld and try to retake it. The time frame might even fit.
    STO would have been better as a Stargate MMO than it is as Star Trek. Go figure.

~Karona@Sobekeus
    Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier Exterminatus
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Voth believe they and only they come from Earth, they could see humans as an inferior spiecies that has polluted the world of their birth and basically come to claim it back, by any means.

I dont think they left on any good terms with Voyager. They see us as heretics to their doctrine.

The Voth are intolerant religeous whackjobs. Dinosaur decendant Jihadists.

Actually, the Voth believe that they originated in the Delta Quadrant and the mammalian species are inferior. They could care less how Earth is doing right now. Earth is proof that they didn't come from the Delta Quadrant so destroying every human and Earth would destroy any proof that the Doctrine is wrong.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If I remember correctly, the Voth were supposed to have something to do with the Gorn featured series, As such, I wouldn't be surprised if they are related somehow on the story, maybe they share ancestors, And as the Gorn have the Voth eye options, They probably will look like modified Gorn.
    @mawexzon

• Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Janeway also left the undine on good terms and look how that turned out.

She was not the best diplomat ever.
  • Options
    stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Great catch! Thanks for posting this. It'll be interesting to see what develops.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I really think the Featured Series announced will feature the Voth invasion of Gornar mentioned as a possibilty in Ask Cryptic: November.
    @mawexzon

• Options
    edited July 2013
    I found this old post by dstahl:
    dstahl wrote:
    While I can neither confirm or deny that we are doing a Voth feature series in the future, I will say that we have done several rounds of concept art for adding the Voth as a possible species in game.

It is not out of the realm of possibility to see them in the future.
    Source: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=204674
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • Options
    zenzenarimasenzenzenarimasen Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If so, they shouldn't be - I thought Voy left them on semi-good terms?

Yeah, exposing the lies of a 65 million year old religion is the number 1 way to get on good terms with a race! Or maybe not...
    Besides, their ships are ginoromous....

Ships? What ships? They only have the one ship... Just... that one ship... Granted, it's likely big enough to dwarf the V'Ger cigars that the Borg have been using in the sector red alert invasions, but still... it's just one ship...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → Ⓑ Ⓐ
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So we've got...

1) Dstahl says "several rounds" of Voth concept art already made back in 2011 (see my last post)
    2) Voth mentioned in Ask Cryptic
    3) Voth city found in game files (I heard this, haven't verified)
    4) Voth eyes spotted in tailor (July 2013)

Things are starting to add up, I think.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    matixzon wrote: »
    As huge as the Voth ships were, I can already see the Voth Lockbox containing the Biggest, slowest carrier ever :D.

Probably would have 3 or 4 hangars shudders
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Good find on that 2011 post, although it's a pity it doesn't show who posted it, Still, we have plenty of evidence of this connecting to the Voth and the Gorn.
    @mawexzon

• Options
    edited July 2013
    matixzon wrote: »
    Good find on that 2011 post, although it's a pity it doesn't show who posted it, Still, we have plenty of evidence of this connecting to the Voth and the Gorn.
    You can see on the next page that it was posted by Dstahl, because his name is in the quote.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, I noticed that, Either way, Added the link to the original post.
    @mawexzon

• Options
    dixoniumdixonium Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If the Voth are coming, I'm excited. "Distant Origin" remains my all-time favorite episode of Voyager. Here's hoping they remain as epic in their return appearance as they were in their first!
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Voth could be really interesting and a fresh new enemy.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,845 Arc User
    edited July 2013

But the Undine what they're doing now aren't really her fault? Last time Janeway had contact if I recall was with the Undine who were acting like humans to learn about them before they attacked right?

They returned to fludic space to try and call off the attack, and all seemed fine till something caused them to attack, wasn't there rumor or fact that Iconians are to blame for the Undine?

Either way I don't think Janeway is the cause because now the Undine are out to destroy everyone not just the Federation.
  • Options
    zenzenarimasenzenzenarimasen Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2013

SPOILER WARNING! Highly the text to see..

The Undine are attacking because of the Iconians masquerading as Milkyway species and causing trouble in Fluidic Space.

So it's not Janeway's fault in any way shape or form.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → Ⓑ Ⓐ
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't think the game needs new enemies now. I think:

1. The Klingon-Federation War needs to be expanded upon.

2. Buff the Borg, and do an actual invasion.

3. Flesh out the Undine threat. After all, the Undine are the reason why the Federation-Klingon Alliance broke. The Klingons saw the threat for what it was but their allies balked on what needed to be done. Yet nothing has been done to show more events of this "dire" threat.
    XzRTofz.gif