test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mission bug "Small Packages", shipyard

linuxkn1ghtlinuxkn1ght Member Posts: 40 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So I have checked the forums apparently this was a bug in Tribble and has not been fixed when LoR went live.

I am a Fed allied Romulan, and when I get this mission Small Packages, it says I must claim a Klingon Terceil shuttlecraft... ??? :confused:

When I went to New Romulus command to claim a shuttle, my client crashed to desktop, twice (as in, CTD, relog, try again, CTD again).

Filed a bug report, ID #1,713,250

So can I no longer get any ships, because the shipyard browser will always crash to desktop??

Edit: just tried on ESD shipyard, it actually showed the Terceil shuttle in the lineup as I was browsing, then BOOM... crashed.

This will obviously put a damper on my Romulan experience if I can't get any more ships...
Post edited by linuxkn1ght on

Comments

• ensignswensonensignswenson Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your not the only one having this issue and I am seriously ticked off about it. I pay how much money for the starter pack and now my character is stuck in dry dock. I can't level by storyline anymore due to an issue they knew about before LOR launch? This is so emblematic of how .5 mule this company does things. Speed and quantity are king and quality gets shoved on the back burner. What is the point of having Tribble if you won't even bother to fix known issues before the changes go live? How many emergency maintenance sessions have we had since launch? This is somehow still not fixed??

I am a lifetimer now after a year and a half or so of paying a sub, in short I've spent plenty on this game since launch. You'd think I would have learned by now but I am a Trekkie...for what its worth to anyone at Cryptic reading this your customer service and general business model is terrible. I put up with this because its Star Trek and I am a lifer....that's it, that's the only reason. You could really take some clues about customer service, quality, and competent programming from EA/Bioware/Lucas Arts. I've NEVER had these kinds of issues with their product and customer support. I rarely get any real help when I do file a ticket here and now I am at your mercy to get my character past 32...hopefully this fix comes faster than the broken cloaking patch that started on 1/11/11 that still isn't completely fixed. Guess I won't hold my breath.
  • linuxkn1ghtlinuxkn1ght Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Almost been 24 hours since I filed in game bug report- am I supposed to get any kind of confirmation? I haven't gotten anything, not even a canned response.
  • linuxkn1ghtlinuxkn1ght Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK so first, I "misspoke", the Terceil is indeed a RR shuttle not KDF.
    I must have mixed it up with the KDF Toron shuttle.
    At any rate the crashes were real regardless of affiliation.

So a few more tries later, I decided to do a full verify files after the latest crash.

That seemed to fix it, perhaps I had a bad file in there somewhere from the big initial LoR patch...??

Still no official word on this btw.

PS- when did Toyota start making shuttles? ;)
  • kerryleblanckerryleblanc Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    They may removed the shuttle part, because after I talk to reul I think and he tells to talk to ship and shuttle acquisition he mentions nothing about a shuttle
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,292 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    This issue still exist no Bug Fixes in years of patching -
    We have recently returned to more STO and started our First Romulan -Federation aligned-
    Does Kestrel still write or DEV here. We enjoyed a minor Glitch -
    When in an arc of Romulan Missions we Receive one Called "Small Packages" after turning in A mission Called "Abandoned"
    You turn in Abandon to the Admiral in Chief of the RRW Space Fleet and receive this Go See a subcommander In the ship area of the Romulan Command .You turboshaft down to the shuttle bay. Meet the SubCommander -you receive no physical item to turn in but the mission progresses to see -Ship and Shuttle Requisitions officer - You go to them the chime for advancing rang both times but no shuttles show on list of available ships [F-2-p] Admiral 56. We have add dropped it twice. First time you auto receive it again from the Admiral in orbit- next time we had to select it from available missions.
    We have 2 shuttles now the Commanders Gig and a Type 10 claimed from a pack. We hate to drop a improved shuttle to claim a base one. You should have more then 2 not counting against ship total when its a mission item?
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo