test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #33

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited September 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Details about the upcoming Romulan Veteran Rewards are shared in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    looking forward to all this stuff! the admiral uniform looks great, and so does the ship skin.

but i think its time to rethink that romulan, and klingon, vet ship shield mod just a bit. the mogai and dhlean have a 1.0 and .92 shield mod, and are very close stat wise to the vet ship. they also have their own special consoles and everything, a .83 shield mod by comparison is unjustifiably bad. a fleet level version would be nice too, its hard to get by on 9 consoles these days
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

but i think its time to rethink that romulan, and klingon, vet ship shield mod just a bit. the mogai and dhlean have a 1.0 and .92 shield mod, and are very close stat wise to the vet ship. they also have their own special consoles and everything, a .83 shield mod by comparison is unjustifiably bad. a fleet level version would be nice too, its hard to get by on 9 consoles these days

This. Anyone flying a T5 mogai or dhelan already grossly outperforms the vet ship. Go the extra mile and get a fleet version, and there's even more distance between the two.
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nothing unexpected, but great to know they're almost here. :D

I'm also going to throw out how much I would like to see a fleet version of the vet ships.
  • poeddudepoeddude Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    looking forward to all this stuff! the admiral uniform looks great, and so does the ship skin.

Pretty much this.

9 consoles is no longer acceptable, especially if you have to give one up for the special abilities.

Also a 0.83 shield mod is absolutely rubbish. Another romulan penalty for no benefit.
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, from other things, it looks like the Rom Vet shuttle has two skins, one the scout ship and the other the "science" ship. Is that correct?
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for spending the time to give our Romulans their own unique vet rewards.

Just slightly disappointed by the Daeinos stats. Back in the early days of the game the Daeinos -and the two other vet ships- would have been great ships, but time has passed, and all three of them are now outclassed by cstore-3-pack, lockbox, fleet and even the free summer/winter event ships.
    Releasing the new romulan variant would have been a good time to address this issue and bring all three of them on par with those ships.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This. Anyone flying a T5 mogai or dhelan already grossly outperforms the vet ship. Go the extra mile and get a fleet version, and there's even more distance between the two.

I've been so looking forward to this ship too.

At least I like the design better than the other two Vet ships.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ...the Dress Uniform looks snappy.....

...just a shame the "new" ship(read Daeinos Heavy Destroyer) is behind a ship that was designed/built 30 years before (read Scimitar)...although I get the qualifier is "Prototype"....oh well pretty ship.....
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That vet material looks amazing, I'll actually use that one.
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

The vet ship is balanced against other vet ships (KDF/Fed) and not C-store ships. They can't go and improve just the Romulan one and leave the others as they are, unless you're ready to take a tradeoff with your upgrade, which people asking for upgrades rarely are. And besides...

Cryptic does still want you to buy the C-store ships.

Anyway, looks pretty sweet. Between the new uniforms and new hull materials, the Romulans are practically Fedlings already. Our diabolical plan is working! More rootbeer, mister ambassador? Just sign here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
    edited July 2013
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    The vet ship is balanced against other vet ships (KDF/Fed) and not C-store ships. They can't go and improve just the Romulan one and leave the others as they are, unless you're ready to take a tradeoff with your upgrade, which people asking for upgrades rarely are.

You completely missed what was being asked for. The Chimera is fairly comparable to T5 ships of its faction stat-wise. The Pegh'qu barely is, and the Daeinos is obsolete right out of the starting gate. The latter two need some serious love.
  • phoenixfettphoenixfett Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    are the rommies not getting accsess to specials boffs? like the fed android? :( such a shame
  • ocean1ocean1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like the look of the new ships, can?t wait to get the shuttle.

However is there any update on when the costume slots will be fixed so we can use the new costumes? Currently all mine are bugged.
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I play another game and on anniversary dates they give away free cars to all even those who have not bought any in game currency.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    poeddude wrote: »
    Pretty much this.

9 consoles is no longer acceptable, especially if you have to give one up for the special abilities.

Also a 0.83 shield mod is absolutely rubbish. Another romulan penalty for no benefit.

Yes ... ALL the veteran ships need to be updated with 10 consoles (or maybe even 11 since they are veteran rewards after all).

The fact that most FREE T5 ships with 10 consoles available to new players are better than the veteran ships is horrible. Yes, the main console with tactical/regenerative mode and lotus attack are nice, but a good 10-console build on any other T5 ship makes the veteran ships obsolete.

The vet ships need at least one more console slot.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    are the rommies not getting accsess to specials boffs? like the fed android? :( such a shame

.....I went to ESD to get mine......(The android Boff I mean)
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    More than likely will catch heat for this but what's wrong with 9 console slots, I do fine with that many
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You completely missed what was being asked for. The Chimera is fairly comparable to T5 ships of its faction stat-wise. The Pegh'qu barely is, and the Daeinos is obsolete right out of the starting gate. The latter two need some serious love.

No, you're not getting it. If the veteran ships are pretty much equal across the board, and for one faction they're as good as anything else they've got, and for the other(s) they're sub-standard, that means those factions have qualitatively better ships. Congratulations. However that does not mean the veteran ship must also be updated to reflect that imbalance for those factions. It's a free ship. We all get the same one. Take it or leave it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • velarnvelarn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So besides the power penalty all Romulan ships have to compensate for battle cloak and singularity powers the Daeinos also has the 0,83 shield mod the Peghqu' has to compensate for its battle cloak? Cryptic, are you intentionally giving us a completely worthless ship?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fantastic!

This is the best looking of the 1000 day veteran ships. For some reason it reminds me of The Phoenix from Battle of the Planets. The uniforms look really great too.

An outstanding job and an added bonus to those of us who purchased a life time subscription.

The Starfish is happy, and can't wait to play with the new toys. :)

My only request is that the Scout gets a variant with better stats as a potential starter ship on the C Store.
  • heraldofmanweheraldofmanwe Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The uniforms looks nice, hats off to the art team once again. The new ship skin might be my favorite of the rewards, it reminds me a bit of the TOS warbird color, but brought into the modern era of Romulan design.

Really, we need 10 consoles on the vet ship. There is just no justifying the summer event ship out-performing the vet ships. Also, that shield modifier is awful. At least the shuttle seems serviceable, and is a nice looking canon design.
    edited July 2013
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    No, you're not getting it. If the veteran ships are pretty much equal across the board, and for one faction they're as good as anything else they've got, and for the other(s) they're sub-standard, that means those factions have qualitatively better ships. Congratulations. However that does not mean the veteran ship must also be updated to reflect that imbalance for those factions. It's a free ship. We all get the same one. Take it or leave it.

Congratulations on missing the point for the second time. The vet ship's role isn't to provide a single absolute statistical benchmark for all three factions. Its function is to provide a ship comparable to T5 vessels of its parent faction, while allowing the player to show off that they've been around for 1k+ days (or a lifer).

At the current stat setup the Pegh'qu and Daeinos do the latter, not the former.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,322 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's a shame that "Advanced Quantum Slipstream Drive" is useless at present.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Excited about the coming of these vet rewards but do feel they need to look at getting that shield mod up into the .90s at least.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Congratulations on missing the point for the second time. The vet ship's role isn't to provide a single absolute statistical benchmark for all three factions. Its function is to provide a ship comparable to T5 vessels of its parent faction, while allowing the player to show off that they've been around for 1k+ days (or a lifer).

At the current stat setup the Pegh'qu and Daeinos do the latter, not the former.

Daeinos
    .83 shield mod
    34,500 hull
    14 turn

mogai
    1.0 shield mod
    33,000 hull
    14 turn

Dhelan
    .95 shield mod
    31500 hull
    16 turn

one of these ships is pretty badly outclassed. the other 2 are overpowered sure, but the Daeinos competes with them regardless, and its competition has fleet versions with even higher stats too. it would not be a lot to ask for a .9 shield mod for this ship, same for the kdf version too. give the fed version a .95 mod in return.

and then a fleet version too. only vets would have the base version with the console, for everyone else, they would have to pay for 4 fleet mods, and have the ship without the console.
  • wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Great rewards Cryptic! A job well done!

On a side note, can we get a Temporal Romulan Vessel available?
  • twistedvaccinetwistedvaccine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My 2 pence worth:

Uniforms look awesome, however i would have had the 200 day as the 900 (But thats my opinion)

The Vet ship: Looks great, much better than the Fed version so 10/10 on that however im with the majority saying the stats are a let down.
    How can a 200 pound ship be less spec than a 45 pound ship.. kinda doesnt really make sense.

That being said.. 10/10 for all your work, Cheers guys.. look forward to the patch :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mav75mav75 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Daeinos looks nice, too bad it's outclassed by every tactical warbird in the Romulan arsenal (Ha'feh, Mogai, Dhelan).

The Gig also looks nice. I need to run the Vault again to outfit mine with proper disruptors however. ;)
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Love the look of all the Vet Rewards, the 400-Day Shuttle in particular!

Though, I honestly hope you plan on calling it something else than the "Captain's Gig". That name sounds kinda silly :P
    "[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • jorumgandrjorumgandr Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! This thursday! Can't wait! I better hurry up and get my Rommies up to 50 so I can flutter about in that ship.

P.S. Love how it looks like the Griffin class from Star Trek Armada, and that 900 day veteran skin is very reminisent of the Romulan Fire Hawk warbirds from Starfleet Command, OMG, geeking out way to much!