test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

screen ratio is messing up

deformluxdeformlux Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Recently I figured out how to make the game screen become smaller so I could see my desktop while playing. The day after, I logged into STO and the screen x and y ratio was off. All of my characters looked very thin and tall. Also, various parts of my HUD were out of scale.

I have tried all screen resolution options and ratios, but none bring it back to looking as it did previously. There was never a problem with this before; it always looked great. I took some screenshots of it to show you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88950237@N07/8107036719/in/photostream

This is the game screen now. I opened the inventory to show how squished it is. The squares in it are supposed to actually be square.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88950237@N07/8107038323/in/photostream

This is how space looks. The saucer on my ship is supposed to be more of a circle than oval. My chat box used to touch the engine power meter. The list of BOff abilities used to touch the edge of the screen. Really irritating me that everything looks so odd. Help would be much appreciated.
Post edited by deformlux on

Comments

• tonydoonertonydooner Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hi i would love a response to this post this has happened twice to me and the only way i could fix it was re-installing STO which is quite annoying as all the patches have to re install as well:mad::mad::mad:
  • morinoxmorinox Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just had this bug myself and i haven't found any help on the matter.

Accidentally hit the minimize window from windowed mode maximized and when i tabbed back in, everything was stretched out.

This is a rather serious issue and i hope someone from Cryptic will do the right thing and reply as there is no other threads containing a work around for this issue as far as i've seen.
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • ramadmaniakidramadmaniakid Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Have you tried maximizing the window again, I seem to be able to minimize and resize without any picture interferance whatsoever.
  • beritpandionberitpandion Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is probably related so I'll post it here for the moment. Since the last patch ALT-Tabing out Borks the resolution all up. I used to be able to do this with no problems until the last patch but now it Messes with the resolution and takes a few settings before I can get it back to the full screen max resolution again.