test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elite Marks Channel (private)

josegasparjosegaspar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Since EliteSTF frowns on posting for non-stf related postings I've created a new temporarily public (Thanks for the input @Cpt.CHRONIC) channel. When it grows we will make it private. Also, Thank you wildchild8 for bringing up the fact that these missions can also be advertised on PublicEliteSTF. I closed the channel and within a few minutes I got a slew of in game messages asking what had happened and why... so we will let it ride and if it fails it fails. I'm in a couple of large fleets and I'll push it in the fleet chats. Thanks a lot for your valuable input.

Elite Marks is the name of the channel.

I'm totally sick of people joining these teams and never leaving spawns. Since STO is F2P and since there are so much grinding to get reputation Marks a lot of people are joining then going to make coffee or just waiting for the other members of the team to do the work for them. I DO understand that this is a product of STO making us grind endlessly for every toon but I also know that many people are taking advantage of other team mates who are doing their best to leech off of our rewards and rob us of a decent return for our work.

Rules of the chan are similar to the Public Elite STF channel:
  • While still public some discussion is allowed.
  • Not a chat/discussion channel, this is a channel to form teams for Marks.
  • Any AFK leeches in the channel should be reported to online mods or to @jose-gaspar with a description of what happened.
  • Team invitations should only be made in this channel unless other members of the team are aware that you are advertising in other chans. (i.e. also advertised in fleet or 'TRIBBLE' channel)
  • Be confident that you have the gear to win and knowledge of the missions you are joining or creating.
  • This is for serious Marks missions... we need people who can take part in teams and do their best to guarantee maximum reward success.
  • Consideration will be given for unintentional problems leading to being AFK on rare occasions but the person going AFK must respond within 24 hours of a request from an Op with an explanation or be kicked from chan.
  • Promotions will be granted to active members to invite/kick/ban others, in the meantime, send a request or suggestion to promote someone to @jose-gaspar
  • Proper requests should be in the form of EliteSTF protocol, i.e. LF4M 'mision' type 'uniquecallsign' for invitations. Proper abbreviates will be worked out.
  • Announcement when team is full.
  • Enjoy your increased rewards.

The private EliteSTF channel has been a great tool for this with STFs but they do not allow Marks missions.

The following is a list of missions acceptable to advertise in the channel:
  • IF the reward is listed as 'Choice of Marks"
  • IF the reward is listed as "Fleet Marks"
  • IF the reward is listed as "Romulan Marks"

Lets build a 24x7 channel with Elite level players who can get the job done similar to the private "EliteSTF" channel. This is not in competition with them, and as I have noted, if there is an ACTIVE channel specifically focusing on this already please let me know. I am not here to recreate the wheel, just to make more Marks and gear for everyone. The rules are open for discussion as well. It is a new channel so this is likely not all that needs to be focused on but the end goal is that I want serious players to be able to avoid publicly accessible channels and random PUGs so invitations will be required once we get rolling.

Thanks for your time, lets make our teams better, get more marks and our seemingly endless rep grinding easier.

-Jose
Post edited by josegaspar on

Comments

• Options
    cosmicdefilercosmicdefiler Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Good luck starting out as private. I'm all about your idea but even EliteSTF started as public. That is the only reason it has as many members as it does.

Send an invite to @Cpt.CHRONIC plz. I would be happy to use your channel to make marks teams that don't suck. You may want to consider making the channel public initially and just weed out leechers and afkers. May be easier to build the channel initially that way. Maybe see if you can get some fleet leaders on board to using your channel to make marks teams.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Very good point, thanks. Consider it done. Sending invitation now; if you don't get it please shoot me an ingame mail @jose-gsapar
  • Options
    skonnskonn Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd be glad to join and both participate and profit from playing with people who know what they're doing.

Please send an invite to @Skonn

See you in-game!
  • Options
    captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    @amtct

10char
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Invitation sent, it is now (temporarily) public so join Elite Fleet Marks if you don't get the invite please. Thank you for your interest. Input/feedback is welcome @jose-gaspar
  • Options
    skonnskonn Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Much appreciated!
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm in EliteSTF and I support your idea. I'm not terribly active with marks missions, but I can just watch the chat for problems or rule violations. Also, I commonly see the Crystalline event referred as CE. I think it should be CC, for the following reasons:

The mission is Crystalline Catastophe.
    It comes in normal and elite flavors, so CEE would get confusing compared to CCE.
    CE could be confused with Cure Elite.

@voporak
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll take an invite on @Ashkrik23 please.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    I'm in EliteSTF and I support your idea. I'm not terribly active with marks missions, but I can just watch the chat for problems or rule violations. Also, I commonly see the Crystalline event referred as CE. I think it should be CC, for the following reasons:

The mission is Crystalline Catastophe.
    It comes in normal and elite flavors, so CEE would get confusing compared to CCE.
    CE could be confused with Cure Elite.

@voporak

Cure Elite must include cGe or cSe... I do agree that it would be proper to use CC(e) as a general rule. When we define the abbreviations we will make that a point of mention. Thank you. Invitation sent (but not required now that it is a temporarily public channel.)

Thanks! I appreciate the input.

-Jose
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I'll take an invite on @Ashkrik23 please.
    Sent. Please join if you do not receive the invitation.
    -Jose
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Great responses so far, thanks. I'm promoting our first team of people (the ones I do not personally know) to ops as a promotional factor... the positions won't be revoked unless abused.

I know that there are a lot of people sick of this leeching practice. Lets fix it even if only just for ourselves!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    josegaspar wrote: »
    Great responses so far, thanks. I'm promoting our first team of people (the ones I do not personally know) to ops as a promotional factor... the positions won't be revoked unless abused.

I know that there are a lot of people sick of this leeching practice. Lets fix it even if only just for ourselves!

Agreed. While I cannot be watching the channel the whole time I'm online, I'll scroll through the chat every now and then to make sure everything's flowing normally. :)
  • Options
    sovereign256sovereign256 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I will take an invite too, @sovereign254
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I will take an invite too, @sovereign254

Invitation sent.

Others, don't neglect to just join so you don't miss out! We all deal with teams of 3 or 4 when we need 5 to max our rewards... this is a simple solution just like the EliteSTF channel.

Just join the channel

Elite Marks

from your chat menu!

Thanks for the great response everyone.
    -Jose
  • Options
    papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i like your idea here, joined a little while ago
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cool, I'll show up today in the channel for a trial :-)
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why not utilize the already existing channels? PublicEliteSTF
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aexrael wrote: »

More elitism is required.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aexrael wrote: »

I have never seen anyone whining in PESTF about other games but elite stfs. many CCE, nukara ground azure and such are grouped there, and noone minds it.
    it is an open channel, so the players are not that spectacular, but atleast they know where the chat is, and the channel is big, so you gonna find someone to help you out
    More elitism is required.

the above pretty much stands for dps-5k as well :) starting this channel is kinda pointless, unless the creators rly mean it to be like ESTF (abandoned and empty)

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    send invite to @robeasom
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Chat is currently offline, I will send when it is back or you may just join the channel if you like. Thanks for your interest.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    the above pretty much stands for dps-5k as well :) starting this channel is kinda pointless, unless the creators rly mean it to be like ESTF (abandoned and empty)

EliteSTF isn't exactly empty and abandoned when I see games being made and filled up right now.
  • Options
    wildchild8wildchild8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

If there is an ACTIVE channel already doing this please let me know but I have not found it.

Hey! As noted by another posted these missions already run on PESTF and there is no problem looking for any group mission listed in the PVE Q's from Fleet missions to Rom to Nukara and of course STF's.

I dont post here to hijack your thread, and I i wish you all the best of luck in setting it up... I will give a word of experience though... (dont let it put you off if you're determined to build the channel but also might save you ALOT of effort).

I've seen a number of non stf event channels come and go.... including ESTF's sister channel FleetEvent which attempted to do exactly what you are trying. It never took off despite having access to 3800+ players they could push the channel to....

The main reason for the lack of success of these channels is down to the simple fact that alot of these missions (non stf) do not require the same coordination or strat as stfs... so its very easy to complete with a pug. Why hang around looking to get guys into a game when you can hit the Q's sort of mentality, which is true...

this fact is the reason we allow these missions on channel to make use of the playerbase we have already and increase player's chances of filling their non stf game should they choose not to Q.

While we do have non stf games on channel regularly and people are more then welcome to look for groups should they choose, they are not in the same numbers as STF's for the ease of pugs reason as mentioned above...

On a second point.... any channel of this nature is a numbers game (subs) you need alot of numbers (1k+ subs is kinda the golden number) to ensure games are running around the clock... STF's sell themselves so PESTF grew naturally (and alot of spamming zone on my behalf and the help of my fleet keeping games running until we had the numbers for it to become self sufficient) On paper the idea of a specific non stf channel is great! But in practise even with ALOT of hard work... the demand for games just isnt there im afraid...

So in conclusion, I would take stock of the factors facing success, ie lower demand for groups (people just Q) and lack of numbers on channel where people can find groups much quicker on PESTF (due to large playerbase) should they choose to post for players.

AS i said, I wish you all the best in setting up the channel but just a few words of wisdom, if you're determined dont let me put you off, many said PESTF would never take off because ESTF had all the subs.... well a year later we are the #1 largest STF and Event channel in game.... go figure.... =D

another word of advice if you do decide to continue with the channel... get you're fleet guys to help. For a channel to succeed people need to see games running ALL THE TIME. so if you have a large fleet behind you get them running games there to keep it ticking over. feel free to post LFM for games in PESTF if you need people.... although posting advertising a channel is against rules... you can at least source guys for games if needs be...if i dont see it on channel... it never happened.... =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.elitedefensestarfleet.com

/channel_join PublicEliteSTF
    PublicEliteSTF Channel Info: bit.ly/PublicEliteSTFV2
    WE WANT A KDF BOP 3 PACK!!
  • Options
    damainxdamainx Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll take an invite @damain
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    wildchild8 wrote: »
    Hey! As noted by another posted these missions already run on PESTF and there is no problem looking for any group mission listed in the PVE Q's from Fleet missions to Rom to Nukara and of course STF's.
    SNIP

Hey, thank you for the valuable information. I initially closed the channel and got a large response from people asking what happened and why... so we will see how it goes. This certainly isn't going to match the volume of your chan or EliteSTF... but if we can help some people grind their marks easier without AFKers... it will be worth the effort.
  • Options
    bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just joined the channel a half an hour ago.

I have to say i like it and will be staying, and is worth joining!:D
    I sent a message out to my fleet about the channel so maybe we'll get more players.

Played a few Fleet Mark games, and banged right threw it and got a lot of marks.
    And is very useful for AFK'ers, even the PESTF channel has its AFK'ers here and there.
    But with this channel there is a chance for AFK'ers to banned and we can play with elites.:)

GREAT Channel!!!:D

"This is Admiral BumBleBush!..Captain of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • Options
    wildchild8wildchild8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey, thank you for the valuable information. I initially closed the channel and got a large response from people asking what happened and why... so we will see how it goes. This certainly isn't going to match the volume of your chan or EliteSTF... but if we can help some people grind their marks easier without AFKers... it will be worth the effort.

Grats wish you all the best so! Onwards and upwards!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.elitedefensestarfleet.com

/channel_join PublicEliteSTF
    PublicEliteSTF Channel Info: bit.ly/PublicEliteSTFV2
    WE WANT A KDF BOP 3 PACK!!
  • Options
    rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    request inv @rybaksix
  • Options
    tvlartvlar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just came out of a run with players from this channel. Colony was a speed run.. I had to MOVE to get a target.. run was smooth. Incursion resulted in 33 sabs in 1st part, and I never saw another player shooting turrets in my corner. Incursion end Boss had over 1/2 the timer left when we opened fire on him. Fleet Alert was startling, as there were no afk's or Mirandas to carry ..
    of course, ymmv.
    I definitely recommend Elite Marks channel for gathering Marks quickly and efficiently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    scarey41scarey41 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    could I get an invite for @scarey41 please?