test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game still crashing after today's maintenance

gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The game started crashing yesterday after the update and just crashed as I was attempting to DOFF in sector space. The crash report blinked out before I could add and submit any information, as it did yesterday.

Yesterday the game crashed while I was at the ship selector and exchange yesterday. I had not prior problems with the game crashing prior to yesterday's update.

Also: after the patch, I jumped into CSE and discovered that all my BOFF's were all unassigned.
Joined STO in September 2010.
Post edited by gerwalk0769 on

Comments

• globus4globus4 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    still frekin broken still booted GREAT MAIL FIX BTW
  • axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm getting server not responding messages, then it logs me out. Wasn't happening earlier before the update!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • betanembetanem Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah i got sever not responding then a crash and every 5mins now i get server not responding. :(
  • eltecheltech Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just updated after todays patch, can't even play, crashes just as the launcher tries to start the game.
  • azuth13azuth13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Launcher crashes after login and while downloading patch. Tried to re-install game launcher still crashes about 2GB before finishing download. Hope you fix it asap cause I didn't have any issues a few days ago

GPU Geforce GTX 550 Ti
    CPU Intel i5
    Memory 4GB
    OS Windows 8 pro
  • fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    same for me since yesterday.
  • tenlaiantenlaian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    happened to me..8 times in the last hour alone.

totally fixed then right?
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It happens way less frequently for me, but yeah it's not gone...

I hope this gets patched by a patch which patches this patch that would have patched this crash which was a result of a patch which patched the mail patch that patched an faulty patch that patched the original mail nerf patch after the LoR patch. :D
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Since I started playing this game I've only had the game crash maybe twice. The Emergency patch was supposed to correct the game crashing error that was introduced with the weekly patch, it didn't work.

The frequency of crashing is lower, but it's still happening. How many others are still having crashes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    still crashing.
  • gallantskepticgallantskeptic Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm not crashing, but I'm getting constant server disconnect in STFs, for as much as a whole minute in red leatters across the top of the screen "disconnected from server," etc.
  • dashripkindashripkin Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Since today's patch, I have had three immediate CTDs literally within 10 seconds of loading sector space. I notice the OP notes crashing when attempting to load DOFF missions; this is exactly what I did. I load the game, as soon as my game loads to my ship in sector space around DS9, I hit my DOFF menu, and the game immediately crashes. It crashes so quickly, the tracker doesn't even load so that I can submit a report. I am loading from Arc. I hope that isn't the reason why. I wasn't crashing before today's patch, ironically. At least, not any more than normal.
    i haeve teh fancay signaetures!!!!!!!1 i am teh l33t usar!!!!!!1
  • dashripkindashripkin Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just disabled Arc and launched from the launcher the normal way, and this time it crashed in sector space immediately, without touching the DOFF menu. Raptr reported a total of 52 seconds of play time, from launch to crash (most of which was loading screens).
    i haeve teh fancay signaetures!!!!!!!1 i am teh l33t usar!!!!!!1
  • globus4globus4 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    STILL crashing, server not responding, then crash, :mad: BOOOOOOO

oh and this keeps happening at the end of a stf, wheres my prize? where the sun dont shine right..
    i was lucky enuf to restart and fly to prize just before leaving map now countdown, but only once.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yup, me too. Before the emergency fix I had no problems at all, now as soon as I log into the game I get booted out again - it doesn't even load the map.
  • dashrendar1138dashrendar1138 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Getting server disconnects now. This was not happening before the patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet
    http://www.vulcankolinahrfleet.com/
    edited July 2013
    this BS has been going on since thursday patch!because of the extreme lagging,I cant get past the "choose your character" screen.when is cryptic going to stop looking the other way on this and fix it!!:mad:
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    After a week of it behaving more or less new update crash crash crash,,,,,,,when they fix 1 problem they just cause more,,,,,,,,,getting very fed up with it at the moment and that's putting it nicely,,,,
    ps i use to be able to run through doors now i headbutt them and have to wait for them to open......
    edited July 2013
    I was to get my risaian corvette today. thanks alot cryptic!:mad:
  • maleficia93maleficia93 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've been crashing out for the last twenty minutes... never had this problem before today's emergency maintenance. What's going on?