test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance (July 19, 2013) [Complete!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Friday, July 19th, at 8AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for an emergency maintenance to apply a new patch that should resolve the crashes you have been experiencing. We expect this maintenance to last for 1.5 hours, and the test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Woot, at least we don't have to wait too long for the fix. :)

Sadly I couldn't post my crash #'s earlier as the window kept closing before I had a chance to see what it said.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • nbs2vipernbs2viper Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i caNT EVEN GET THE LAUNCHER TO WORK NOW!
  • therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, Bran... was it the new code additions to the mail?
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I guess that this is their definition of "server stability" :D
  • dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lather, rinse, repeat.

Every patch, same issue.
  • splitboysplitboy Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Appreciate the quick Actions and Information that those Problems get addressed.

Just a question if it is emergency maintanance why not taking the Server of as quick as possible and start Fixing?

Would be a welcome change to have things resolved right away and our friends in the EU would be happy aswell when they get back online they don't see a down for maintanance message.

Just my2cent
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Haha nice quote man. Did I call it or what?
    pvp = small package
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    splitboy wrote: »
    Appreciate the quick Actions and Information that those Problems get addressed.

Just a question if it is emergency maintanance why not taking the Server of as quick as possible and start Fixing?

Would be a welcome change to have things resolved right away and our friends in the EU would be happy aswell when they get back online they don't see a down for maintanance message.

Just my2cent

Because if it's not effecting the majority of players, or a system that just cannot wait without the game blowing up, there is no reason to do a middle of the evening restart.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hogwash. Everyone knows there are no bugs in STO. :D
    edited July 2013
    askray wrote: »
    Because if it's not effecting the majority of players, or a system that just cannot wait without the game blowing up, there is no reason to do a middle of the evening restart.

That's assuming it isn't effecting a majority of players. Personally I have crashed numerous times since the update and I've only been online for maybe 2 hours total since.
    pvp = small package
  • splitboysplitboy Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    askray wrote: »

Well half our Fleeties Crash every 5 to 10 minutes now.
    Or should i say most have logged out already because of it.

And if you add the French, UK and Germans you get a hughe chunk of Players that might compare with the US playerbase maybe even more, just a notice.

Well anyway it's a early day for me have fun all. :)
  • dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited July 2013

They are not bugs, they're just Standard Features.
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ahhh cryptic, you make this man lauph. Your previous patch was "stability fixes" added into it and now we have to get another "stability fix" good ole quality :)
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
    edited July 2013
    Ahhh cryptic, you make this man lauph. Your previous patch was "stability fixes" added into it and now we have to get another "stability fix" good ole quality :)

Working as intended.
    pvp = small package
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I cast the EYEBROW OF SUSPICION! ? And point the FINGER OF ADMONISHMENT! ?
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • michael123457michael123457 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, server stability is fine. But it's useless to me when I even can't start the launcher. Because it is: "Unable to establish connection to Patch Server."

Please fix it!
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Any word on the issues affecting Verizon users?
  • morinoxmorinox Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, server stability is fine. But it's useless to me when I even can't start the launcher. Because it is: "Unable to establish connection to Patch Server."

Please fix it!

Last i heard (special sources!) their patching server was running on a souped up Commodore-64.

Now they (my special sources!) tell me that their "shard" is being run on an Amiga-500 in an experimental SLI configuration with another Amiga-500, and that the hamster, running his bum off to provide the juice for them both, has gone to the vet to have his teeth clipped ( :eek: ) and that they are looking to hire more hamsters for the sake of stability.

Ok nappy time.

/Zzzz
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • rld2rld2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    morinox wrote: »
    Last i heard (special sources!) their patching server was running on a souped up Commodore-64.

I thought it was a VIC-20. But my sources are getting me confused ... one just told me it was a Tandy COCO-3.
  • defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm shocked, shocked I say... :eek:
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Please fix it!

They are sabotaging the launcher to ninja in the ARC...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • blairmarshallblairmarshall Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks Branflakes! I thought it was my computer........
  • corvallecorvalle Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ah, another Emergency maint after a patch day. I agree, this must be part of the standard features that come with STO...

Not sure what they are fixing, I have experienced no problems at all today since the patch.
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    corvalle wrote: »
    Ah, another Emergency maint after a patch day. I agree, this must be part of the standard features that come with STO...

Not sure what they are fixing, I have experienced no problems at all today since the patch.

Since the patch many players are randomly crashing to desktop 4-5 times a day. I'm one of them unfortunately.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    May want to look into what the interns...sry "engineers"...screwed up with pidgin also.
  • carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dessniper wrote: »
    They are not bugs, they're just Standard Features.

Yes, and they are all working as intended. Even the bugs. You see, what many players fail to appreciate is that it's an intricate and very delicate system in which there are bugs intentionally written into the game which contain bugs written into them and those bugs make the bugs behave as if they are not bugs and as these bugs are intended to perform precisely this function, technically they are not bugs, but are in fact, features that are working as intended, even if the end result is a bug.

At least I think that's how it was explained to me....
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, and they are all working as intended. Even the bugs. You see, what many players fail to appreciate is that it's an intricate and very delicate system in which there are bugs intentionally written into the game which contain bugs written into them and those bugs make the bugs behave as if they are not bugs and as these bugs are intended to perform precisely this function, technically they are not bugs, but are in fact, features that are working as intended, even if the end result is a bug.

At least I think that's how it was explained to me....

rofl... too many bugs that are not bugs that really are that are working as intended lol
  • cepheusblackwingcepheusblackwing Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the update. Appreciate it. Though I think I'm one of the few dozen people who don't encounter any problems, lol.

I still can't get over the levels of buttfrustration and how vehemently evil people in this game's community are.
  • danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the update. Appreciate it. Though I think I'm one of the few dozen people who don't encounter any problems, lol.

I still can't get over the levels of buttfrustration and how vehemently evil people in this game's community are.

This community is pretty understanding, all told. You should see other game's communities sometime...if you got one 'Thank you for the info' on them, you'd probably see a virtual lynch mob stomping over to the poster's avatar. Seriously, I've seen a lot worse.
This discussion has been closed.