Options

Scimi tips

2»

Comments

• Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    doomicile wrote: »
    The reason why Cloaked Barrage is underwhelming is because it reduces your weapons power by 50 so unless you have the two-piece borg set for weapon amplifier and pop a weapons battery beforehand, there's really no advantage to using CB. If anything, CB is only useful for healing while cloaked.

It drops your weapons power AFTER the ability. Not during. Or maybe mine is bugged, because when I hit CB, I get my full weapons power and then it drops after the ability goes on cd.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How about putting the shield absorpetive console instead of the SIF generator and adding another plasma infuser?
    And I probably would replace the Ambiplasma for another infuser as well. The +% you get to the torpedo will be used far less than the + % to the beams.

thanks for the input, i use the sif to offset the paper hull, works too, as for the console swap, yes thats notma bad idea thanks.

I find this ship works perfectly fine, trouble is, and I keep saying this, people are expecting it to be something its not, its neither a dps nor a tank but a hybrid, once people get this into there heads they will be fine with it, also make sure you use hit and fade tactics, dont just keep shooting or heck stop and cannon barrage, this will reduce your damage and more than likely result in you dying a lot.mI ran a training sim in pvp for my fleet to show one of our guys how to fly it and he was impressed on how well the hit and fade.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • Options
    unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How about using the Scimi as a Dual-Beam Bank boat? I'm planning to pick the bundle up as my very first 3-pack purchase (I resisted the temptation when the Vesta and Kumari came along, but not this time), but I wanted to try something different with its 5 forward weapons slots. How do you lot feel about having 4-Rommy Plasma DBBs and a torp forward, with the Kinetic Cutting beam and either 2 arrays/turrets or a mine at the rear? I'm considering going for the Romulan weapons as early rep gear while I farm up the rest.
  • Options
    heizlueftaheizluefta Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    johankreig wrote: »
    thanks for the input, i use the sif to offset the paper hull, works too, as for the console swap, yes thats notma bad idea thanks.

I find this ship works perfectly fine, trouble is, and I keep saying this, people are expecting it to be something its not, its neither a dps nor a tank but a hybrid, once people get this into there heads they will be fine with it, also make sure you use hit and fade tactics, dont just keep shooting or heck stop and cannon barrage, this will reduce your damage and more than likely result in you dying a lot.mI ran a training sim in pvp for my fleet to show one of our guys how to fly it and he was impressed on how well the hit and fade.

I hope u are saying that keeping in mind that for many people the scimmy in fact is bugged....it maybe works for those that have no bugs...and there are many ppl knowing what they do and say and who are not only crying for buffs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jaimeson99jaimeson99 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How about using the Scimi as a Dual-Beam Bank boat? I'm planning to pick the bundle up as my very first 3-pack purchase (I resisted the temptation when the Vesta and Kumari came along, but not this time), but I wanted to try something different with its 5 forward weapons slots. How do you lot feel about having 4-Rommy Plasma DBBs and a torp forward, with the Kinetic Cutting beam and either 2 arrays/turrets or a mine at the rear? I'm considering going for the Romulan weapons as early rep gear while I farm up the rest.

Havent seen anyone playing a broadsiding beam-boat version (although Im sure there must be some out there) which means that most people are playing cannons/torp or DBB/torp on front with some combination of turrets, cutting beam and mines on the back. So, with that in mind getting a set of the mk12 romulan DBBs seems to be a fair plan. Id certainly avoid the romulan space set though and get yourself a borg or maco set.

As for the other 3-packs, the Vesta is awesome so maybe worth saving up for in the future ;)
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jaimeson99 wrote: »
    I understand your reasoning and have had similiar issues with absurdly large random hits that seem to break even full shields/hull. The ship pulls a lot of threat so that might be part of the problem. I would still advocate using aux to structural in place of one of the eng teams, which while it heals less doesnt trigger cooldown on the tac/sci team abilities, and also only has a 15sec cooldown itself.

My build has been evolving since I wrote the original post (I appreciate I havent linked my fit, mainly due to the skill planner not behaving on my system for some reason) and I have found using the full Borg (mk12) set is actually a good fit for this ship. Many people will say use maco shields and get the 2-part borg bonus, but my thinking here is that the issue is quick regen while you are running away cloaked and the borg kit does that better than anything else. Plus the tractor beam isnt bad in a world where borg spheres love to go emergency power to engines, running to the hills while you fire a volley or two. You also get a welcome (if small) boost to power levels from it.

Currently trying out having the other borg set fitted as well for extra dps (omega weapon amplifier) and the occasional triggering of reactive deflection, not to mention the additional passive boosts to hull regen etc from having the assimilated module fitted. I have some reservations here as I have sacrificed my only remaining shield boosting console to do this. I considered putting it in place of a tac console, but that seemed to be counter intuitive for what I was trying to make the ship do.

Anyway has been very interesting to see how others have set their scimis up and has justified me making the thread. As always, thanks for the comments and suggestions.

The problem is that taking ET away for Aux to structural forces me to completely modify my engineering layout.
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    johankreig wrote: »

More or less. I can honestly tell you that at least at first (like I've said I'm still not completely sure if the problems are solved) I took damage from "nowhere" and massive damage like I haven't ever taken in any ships. Now I am not noticing it, and as far as gear is concerned I haven't changed anything. Also, I remember having a whole lot more trouble facing the cube and the gate in Infected the conduit (I play on normal). Now it's never an issue and my tactics haven't changed. I park and fire.
    The reason I am not completely sure is because some of those problems I noticed on Azure and there, I definitely changed attack tactics, so I can not determine if I'm no longer having issues because it's fixed or because my gameplay doesn't put me in tight spots.
  • Options
    toby1kanobitoby1kanobi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The ship is deffinatly still bugged RE taking magic damage from nowhere and bypassing shields completly at some points
  • Options
    talajtalaj Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jaimeson99 wrote: »
    Havent seen anyone playing a broadsiding beam-boat version (although Im sure there must be some out there) which means that most people are playing cannons/torp or DBB/torp on front with some combination of turrets, cutting beam and mines on the back. So, with that in mind getting a set of the mk12 romulan DBBs seems to be a fair plan. Id certainly avoid the romulan space set though and get yourself a borg or maco set.

As for the other 3-packs, the Vesta is awesome so maybe worth saving up for in the future ;)

I'm running my Scimitar as a broadside A2B beamboat, and it works really well. I'm using a full compliment of polaron beam arrays (mixture of phased and fleet at the moment) with the kinetic cutter in back, and the JH MKXII shield + engine. I don't run any of the scimitar consoles, because quite frankly there are more appropriate ones to use. Considering running full plasma when I've maxed my rep, though the inherent bonuses of the shield & engines + the 2-piece bonus on the JH set make it quite tough to give up.
  • Options
    eldritchxeldritchx Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited July 2013

If you're going plasma you might want to consider the Experimental Beam Array in the front to keep down the power drain. Especially if you load the rear with Cutting Beam and turrets.
  • Options
    johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have had the majority of these bugs, but rather than just complaining and picking at peoples comments who are trying to offer help and discuss what they have done to adapt and adjust to them, I have just tried to find ways to either adapt my play style or find consoles etc that will help to offset these issues, not had the phantom damage issue yet, but my hull does still melt, just not quite as fast with my current build, I suspect its related to the crew, I have started stfs with 800 out of 3000 crew, where the hell did they all go.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed