test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

18 Jul Patch

logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Academy
Added a message for when a recipients mailbox is full and when there are too many items in it. This will display if:
The recipient has 200 emails in their mailbox.
The recipient has 20 emails in their mailbox with an item attached.
Emails that originate from the Exchange, a mission or other game systems are not included in these totals.
The maximum number of auctions that a player can have active on the Exchange at any given time is 40.
This limit is reduced by one for every returned auction email that is in the player's mailbox.
New French and German localizations have been added.
Server stability updates.

So let me understand this. Let us say, for argument, that between my characters I have 2000 returned exchange mail items. Now, it seems that the new limit is 40 items per account, not character. So, my whole account is now automatically banned from using the exchange, which means I have no way to get rid of the returned items other then destroying them.

Unless, of course, I can use the mail system to mail them to an alternate account, which, of course, is free to create now that the game is free to play. If the system allows me to send outgoing mail, I suppose this is a workaround.

But you are essentially forcing your customers who may have hundreds or even thousands of returned items in the mail to create new accounts (taking up your sever space) and either running two STO clients at once or switching between accounts in order to undo the damage made by tomorrow's patch.

And, of course, if the new limits prevent us from sending outgoing items, we are essentially in a Catch-22 situation because we will have a lot of items in the mail that we cannot sell on the exchange because we have too many items in the mail.

If you want my two cents, I think the exchange listings should be unlimited for gold members, or at least have a much higher effective limit, like 200. You also should improve the exchange system so that it works better. For instance, instead of having a two week limit, give us the option of either having the item returned or being automatically re-listed at a lower (say 5% minimum) price. Also, it is silly that I have to guess which one of my 11 characters has an exchange item. Expired items should be available from any character and list the last price along with the lowest listed price and the average price the item sold for over the past two weeks.
Post edited by logicalspock on

Comments

• Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited July 2013
    I was hoping the release notes would have a long list of bug fixes. We get a mail and ah cap, I think some priorities need adjusting.:mad:
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That "40 auctions per player" isn't very clear. Is that 40 per character, or 40 per account?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,406 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Per character. Branflakes cleared that up in the General News section.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,406 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The limit is per character. Branflakes cleared that up in another subforum.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Link please, so I can read it. Thanks in advance. (*Bows*)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Stop being hoarders and lagging up the dang game.

Hooray for Mail and AH caps!
  • Options
    kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's per character for the exchange. For example, you have Character-A, -B and -C. Characters -A,-B and -C can each post up to 40 items on the exchange. If Character-A gets 3 expired item emails and they are still in the mail box, Character-A can only post up to 37 items on the Exchange until the returned item is taken out of their mailbox. Character-B and -C can both still post up 40 items because they have no returned items in their mailbox at this time.

The other limits mentioned in the patch notes are account-wide.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

And Link
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • Options
    bermanatorbermanator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wasn't it always capped at 40? Last time I was up that high, I got a message saying I couldn't post more than 40 items; that was a while ago, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bermanator wrote: »
    Wasn't it always capped at 40? Last time I was up that high, I got a message saying I couldn't post more than 40 items; that was a while ago, though.

I believe it has always been that. The difference is that now when an exchange item expires and you get the mail, it does not free up an exchange slot. At least, that is what I am understanding.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I believe it has always been that. The difference is that now when an exchange item expires and you get the mail, it does not free up an exchange slot. At least, that is what I am understanding.

It's the same thing i understood... Could anybody else confirm this?
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    12701.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So what happens if we have, for example, 5000 returned exchange items? We cannot list anything on the exchange until we figure out what to do with 4060 of them? Or do the mail auction limits only count per character, so a character with 200 returned items can give them to another character with zero returned items to sell?
  • Options
    medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have a novel idea.

Why not just get rid of all that returned items mail? :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So what happens if we have, for example, 5000 returned exchange items? We cannot list anything on the exchange until we figure out what to do with 4060 of them? Or do the mail auction limits only count per character, so a character with 200 returned items can give them to another character with zero returned items to sell?

I might be wrong but, as far i understand once you retrieve your item from the mail system the auction slot should be freed.

So if the exchange returned all your items, then you should retrieve them from the mail, so you can post them again...

But again... I might be wrong
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    12701.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yes, from reading it, only while the returned item is still in your mail, does it consume a slot on your exchange, still. As above, my issue, is going to be, if that ghost message also ends up counting as an item, until it's deleted.

And to the one posting that link for me, thank you, I appreciate it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I might be wrong but, as far i understand once you retrieve your item from the mail system the auction slot should be freed.

So if the exchange returned all your items, then you should retrieve them from the mail, so you can post them again...

But again... I might be wrong

No, I think that is how the notes describe it. My question was about people who had far too many returned items to retrieve. From what I have seen so far, the restrictions seem to be per character, so you could send them to another character. However, given the recent problems with the mail system, I am going to cross my fingers and hope that is how it works tomorrow.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why not just get rid of the annoying returned item mails entirely and just leave the items there until we pull them down ourselves? The number of items isn't actually going to change anyway. Fishing things out of the mail is a lot more annoying than simply pulling them from the Exchange UI, especially given the multiple messages containing nothing that this spam generates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited July 2013
    Once a day go to a mailbox and take every attachment out. Problem solved. This is a non issue really.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Items that expire in the exchange can only be claimed from the mail on the character that posted it for sale. So if character A posts something for sale and it is returned after a while, character B won't be able to claim it from the mail, only character A can claim it since character A originally had it for sale. Of course you could always just claim the item and mail it to yourself to transfer it to another character.
  • Options
    lancemeszaroslancemeszaros Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    medtac124 wrote: »
    I have a novel idea.

Why not just get rid of all that returned items mail? :rolleyes:

Because that would be a sensible and logical idea that doesn't allow for endless complaining on forums.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Because that would be a sensible and logical idea that doesn't allow for endless complaining on forums.

Aye. It would be nice if they just removed the time limit and just let us pull the items that won't sell at a given price instead. As you said, though, too sensible.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    rovakiinrovakiin Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Another great example of why we need a "Delete All" button in the mailbox.

I don't want to have to sit and click delete 400 times just to clear up a handful of spots for the exchange.
    No reason we can't have a check box "check all" and then click delete.

Eh, in a Perfect World anyway. ... That was a pun. A bad one. XD
  • Options
    jrbrianjrbrian Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rovakiin wrote: »
    Another great example of why we need a "Delete All" button in the mailbox.

I don't want to have to sit and click delete 400 times just to clear up a handful of spots for the exchange.
    No reason we can't have a check box "check all" and then click delete.

Eh, in a Perfect World anyway. ... That was a pun. A bad one. XD

Hahaha!! That is just what I ended up doing yesterday :) The "Delete" all or some form of "select" options would be nice though.
  • Options
    sirarbie84sirarbie84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    is this why i have a inventory overflowing with items i want to sell but i can only have 12 for sale in the exchange now and btw there is some mail i am trying to delete but they wont get deleted no matter how many times i hit delete :(
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi Sirarbie84,

I am sorry to say, but it seems you've necro'd this thread. (The last post is longer than 30 days ago, you can read it here).

Seeing you only posted very few posts, this can happen :). Whenever you have a question, and you find a topic where there hasn't been a reaction within 30 days, it might just be better to create a new one.

Have fun and Prosper.