test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Space Into the Hive ("Hive Onslaught") Feedback Thread

1234568»

Comments

• admgreeradmgreer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I agree. It one thing to get hit on bare hull. Or if you already have weak shileds or hull. But to be %100 on both and just Die? And to be 14k out from any hostile not under threat and just suddenly explode like you hit your abandon ship or something. Thats bugged. I have had that happen 4 times wher I hit evasive got out of range of any target. Healed up to %100 turn to start back in to fight and suddenly explode. Look at the log and see that a torp chased me all the way out and hit right through my shields for like 300k. There was a post from a DEV saying that no one should be getting one-shotted except for mabye by the Lance . And that the damage numbers we are posting are way to high. Also said that Tac cubes and the queen and other "boss" enimies shot not be able to Crit. And that he would "look into it" well after the patch on the 29th it's still happening.
  • admgreeradmgreer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As Borticus said, there haven't been any intentional changes to make the Borg harder. I'll take another look at their torpedoes, though - those damage numbers do sound too high.

We've had some general tech changes that could be impacting things (like breaking Tachyon Harmonic) even if the Systems Designers haven't been intentionally rebalancing anything. For example, as I mentioned in another thread, the way certain targeting cones work was changed - that's cut down the "safe spots" above and below Borg Cubes.

As a general rule, we don't want players in level appropriate gear to be one-shotted. There can be some exceptions for special mechanics - like if players are out of position in the fight with the two Unimatrix ships and get hit by the lance, for example. Normal torpedoes shouldn't be producing that kind of burst damage.

I'll try to track down what's causing this and make adjustments as needed.

That is the responce i was referring to from the DEV team on another thread. Still does not appear that they have made any adjustments
  • darkphoxydarkphoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I know older thread but it is still happening. I was 15k out just respawned and boom... I had full Shields and full hull with resists and all power to shields with no damaged or weakened systems.

This is totally out of whack.
  • bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just got one shooted from 19.5 k away. We cant even get within weapons range before getting killed.

[Combat (Self)] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 58808 (102156) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • whoami4whoami4 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got bugged out and got stuck to the borg queen. lol. I hate that bug! Than when I respwn I get caught in a suspace something? My teammates faced it too. Fix this plz Thank you!
  • rosohryu06rosohryu06 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    30/06/2013 16:30

Just had to swallow a 1 hour ban on the PVE queues because 5 Public players could not overcome the Unimatrix's on NORMAL DIFFICULTY.

A hint gives out that staying within 5K of the Queen ensures that you won't get shot, however, this message is flawed because:
    1: The Unimatrix's STILL TARGET AND DESTROY you when your less than 5K of the Queen and
    2: The Unimatrix's will target and destroy you before you can reach the "safe zone" of the queen, the closest I have ever been able to reach the queen before getting one shot killed was 5.8K.

On top of this. this group only managed to bring down one of the Unimatrix's to 90% before the one shot kills forced people to quit the session.

I repeat this again. This is on NORMAL DIFFICULTY and players were quitting because of the Unimatrix's Lance weapons ignoring the hint message and constantly killing the group members and thus "Hive Onslaught" should be reconsidered for an extensive fix for a future patch.
  • danielfietkaudanielfietkau Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rosohryu06 wrote: »
    30/06/2013 16:30

A hint gives out that staying within 5K of the Queen ensures that you won't get shot, however, this message is flawed because:
    1: The Unimatrix's STILL TARGET AND DESTROY you when your less than 5K of the Queen and
    2: The Unimatrix's will target and destroy you before you can reach the "safe zone" of the queen, the closest I have ever been able to reach the queen before getting one shot killed was 5.8K.

[...]

I repeat this again. This is on NORMAL DIFFICULTY and players were quitting because of the Unimatrix's Lance weapons ignoring the hint message and constantly killing the group members and thus "Hive Onslaught" should be reconsidered for an extensive fix for a future patch.

I agree. The hives additionally dont considers each other as objects/obstacles. I've seen the lance of hive 2 shooting through hive 1, destroying an attacking ship.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hive Onslaught Elite - They made the best STF in the game totally unplayable unless you have an entire bank full of components and don't mind getting spawn camped by the Unimatix's lance.
    Just pop all your tac buffs and hit FBP3. Then let them lance you. GG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vamerrasvamerras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1. Lance weapon instakilled me in a stealthed ship within 5km of the queen.
    2. After respawn I got instakilled near the respawn point - again, I was in stealth.

At _normal_ difficulty.

This is utter BS.

I give a try every week once or twice - but no luck. And every week the waiting time is increasing because every week fewer people queue up for this mission.
  • ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hive Onslaught Elite - They made the best STF in the game totally unplayable unless you have an entire bank full of components and don't mind getting spawn camped by the Unimatix's lance.

As this is an "Official" thread I see no issue in keeping this and any future feedback on this STF going.

Hopefully a fix will be rolled out soon because as it stands only masochists need apply. Trying to find a team for this in the EliteSTF channel is almost impossible and people don't waste their time on a no win scenario STF.

I totally agree, the difficulty of Hive elite post-LoR is on par with CC elite right after LoR reintroduction. If you die in stage 2, its basically over because 95% of the time you will get popped at 17km on your way back in. By the way, the lances are WAY more accurate now: they used to fire and miss about 3/4 of the time, now they hit at a 90% accuracy rate and I've had my Scimitar popped while CLOAKED!

I used to play this STF all the time with my fleeties, but now its all but impossible. :(
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Elite is doable with a premade.

Wouldn't pug it though, well I wouldn't pug anything if I can keep from it except colony invasion, not sure you can even fail at colony invasion.
    pvp = small package
  • captainwestbrookcaptainwestbrook Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Think with recent patch they secretly fixed Hive Elite ship combat. I was able to do it yesterday with my fleet, we were unsure if they fixed it but wanted to run it either way.

Someone confirm?
    Join www.UFPlanets.com
    5 FED Fleets | 3 KDF Fleets - T5 Colony on both factions
    Mack.png
  • jofjayjofjay Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have run Hive Elite many times in my Atrox and completed without bonus objectives. What else can you ask from pugging this? I beefed up my KDF tac officer and raptor and said hey I haven't done hive here yet, why not? Not a good idea anytime I have tried. So I understand the unimatrix ships have powerful lances and all but can someone explain why it never hits my big a@@ Atrox but never ever ever ... ever misses my Mirror Qin??? Extremely annoying.
  • ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ajma420 wrote: »
    I totally agree, the difficulty of Hive elite post-LoR is on par with CC elite right after LoR reintroduction. If you die in stage 2, its basically over because 95% of the time you will get popped at 17km on your way back in. By the way, the lances are WAY more accurate now: they used to fire and miss about 3/4 of the time, now they hit at a 90% accuracy rate and I've had my Scimitar popped while CLOAKED!

I used to play this STF all the time with my fleeties, but now its all but impossible. :(

I retract this statement.

Had a very competent group on HSE today and we beat it with 2/3 optionals. The trick is not dieing... no, seriously, if you can manage to take out the first unimatrix, the second is much easier - I know how stupid and simple it sounds, but if your team is wiped out before defeating the first, your chances of success are severely diminished. the lances are still ridiculous though.
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=787031
    This STF needs to be taken a look at:

First off, people that seem to be unable to load into the STF. It seems every single time I go into it, there is 1 person who times out (mind you with the general unpleasantness of this STF, I don't tend to play it that much).

Secondly, everyone takes forever to load into the map (possibly related to the first issue).

Thirdly, Unimatrix ships aggro'd on a ship will blow it up where it spawns. I know the range of the BIG BOOM cannon is 15 km and you need to get within the queens 5km range in order to have a chance of it missing, but if you draw aggro and keep aggro, you are not even making it out of the spawn. I don't understand how it works, but some ships tend to keep aggro even after they die.

Forth, by this point you are in HSE with 3-4 people and now facing the queen, I wish you the best of luck. The queen is darn near impossible to kill with 3-4 plays (or 5 pugs, sry, just not the strongest builds or know what the're doing). At some point the group is taken out, no matter how careful you are (we've even had 1 person not engage her to stay alive or hit and run to keep aggro), at this point the queen turns passive and resets (WTF!). We will get her to 90%, she resets, she flys to far from where she spawns, she fades away and respawns reset, we get her to 70%, she resets, at this point nearly an hour has gone by and people begin to leave.

I am not a bad captain, I'm not uber captain either, but I generally do my share. HSE is beyond what anyone would consider entertainment and is right up their with self abuse and singing cats. Sure, its one of the best rewarding STF, that is if you complete it.

Suggestion for fixes, optimize the map a bit so people don't have issues loading it. Make sure Unimatrix ships loose aggro between deaths and maybe cut back at the rate at which they 1 hit ships a bit maybe consider the time it takes to respawn and make it to the queen. And do something about the queen resetting, devs have said it before that STFs are designed that they should be able to be completed (without pulling out your hair), with 3-4 good players, the queens habit of resetting even with 1 person actively engaging and retreating to stay alive, is insane.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D