test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hive Onslaught Space Elite

trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This STF needs to be taken a look at:

First off, people that seem to be unable to load into the STF. It seems every single time I go into it, there is 1 person who times out (mind you with the general unpleasantness of this STF, I don't tend to play it that much).

Secondly, everyone takes forever to load into the map (possibly related to the first issue).

Thirdly, Unimatrix ships aggro'd on a ship will blow it up where it spawns. I know the range of the BIG BOOM cannon is 15 km and you need to get within the queens 5km range in order to have a chance of it missing, but if you draw aggro and keep aggro, you are not even making it out of the spawn. I don't understand how it works, but some ships tend to keep aggro even after they die.

Forth, by this point you are in HSE with 3-4 people and now facing the queen, I wish you the best of luck. The queen is darn near impossible to kill with 3-4 plays (or 5 pugs, sry, just not the strongest builds or know what the're doing). At some point the group is taken out, no matter how careful you are (we've even had 1 person not engage her to stay alive or hit and run to keep aggro), at this point the queen turns passive and resets (WTF!). We will get her to 90%, she resets, she flys to far from where she spawns, she fades away and respawns reset, we get her to 70%, she resets, at this point nearly an hour has gone by and people begin to leave.

I am not a bad captain, I'm not uber captain either, but I generally do my share. HSE is beyond what anyone would consider entertainment and is right up their with self abuse and singing cats. Sure, its one of the best rewarding STF, that is if you complete it.

Suggestion for fixes, optimize the map a bit so people don't have issues loading it. Make sure Unimatrix ships loose aggro between deaths and maybe cut back at the rate at which they 1 hit ships a bit maybe consider the time it takes to respawn and make it to the queen. And do something about the queen resetting, devs have said it before that STFs are designed that they should be able to be completed (without pulling out your hair), with 3-4 good players, the queens habit of resetting even with 1 person actively engaging and retreating to stay alive, is insane.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
Post edited by trhrangerxml on

Comments

• erikwarhammererikwarhammer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I get these problems on "normal" difficulty, I hate to see how bad it is on "Elite".:eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [url=]http://erikwarhammersrandomadventures.smackjeeves.com/[/url] <- click....DO IT!
    updates: who knows...
  • darkpaladinonedarkpaladinone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just got done playing the mission. The Plasma Torpedoes 1 hit killed anyone they hit. The burst fire from the death cigars virtually one hit killed whomever they hit. The lance reached out and got me out at 17.5km. The probes respawned so fast that even when all five of us managed to get within range, we couldn't damage it fast enough to get any headway, and the regeneration probes respawned too fast to handle. I don't know how we managed to take out the first death cigar, and after an hour of playing we all gave up on the second.

This is not a 5 player mission. Maybe 10, but not 5.
  • unclespankyunclespanky Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is just a brutal and pointless mission.
  • globus4globus4 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    this stf has been bugged for a long time, they must know about it by now, how could they not?

the range of the insta death ray is more like 20 or 25, it can zap you at the spawn :(