test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance (Tonight @ Midnight PDT - July 12, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bootyboots wrote: »
    i believe the tribble was allowing you to make 6000 ore an hour and some players had it in game already

so for them it was an emergency

many poeple did emergency grinding.Those kind of bugs are a step closer to make the game less grindy.
  • shadowwriter01shadowwriter01 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Grammar correction: comma unnecessary

Ooooh, What a answer. Don't you have more of this Nonsens for us you are spreading here in this Thread. If you have more please write it don't. Make my Day!
    I don't have much to laugh about here at work.
    Please give us more of this Trash writing, PLEASE!!!

Me aka Fan of bulabajones
  • zix74itaelitezix74itaelite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It would be so easy for me now to do as follow:
    Activate EptRE III (emergency power to rage engine) CAW III (complain at will) and state my case...
    but...
    I do know what cryptic response would be....
    THEY would react activating:
    Ee III (evesive excuses) RcsP II (reverse customer support polarity) and DAO III (dispersal anwers omega wich also gives them a bonus on resisting rage posts)

I had to wait a week for a fix on the scimitar (paid in FULL with RM) and I still have to test it ...(couldn't do it yesterday for the extended downtime and couldn't do it now for the very same reason)

Dev's I know you are doing the best you can and you have my support but...
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Interesting, I assumed this patch was something to do with the foundry errors that kept popping up on my screen last night. I'll assume that's getting looked at too.
  • bulabajonesbulabajones Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    druhin wrote: »
    English language.

Grammar corrected
    Me aka Fan of bulabajones

Ah, a man of good taste and distinction.
    Patching 11 files, 0 KB/s
    SERVER NOT RESPONDING (362.32s)
    Patching 87 files, 160.08 KB/s

victorginsocv2_zpsjqzbzllh.png

• morpheusssssmorpheusssss Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Activate EptRE III (emergency power to rage engine) CAW III (complain at will) and state my case...
    but...
    Ee III (evesive excuses) RcsP II (reverse customer support polarity) and DAO III (dispersal anwers omega wich also gives them a bonus on resisting rage posts)

I had to wait a week for a fix on the scimitar (paid in FULL with RM) and I still have to test it ...(couldn't do it yesterday for the extended downtime and couldn't do it now for the very same reason)

LMAO looks like activated your PAP I (Polite Anger Post) :P
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In non European prime time so from the players in Europe take as long as you need. . .

About time others felt the pain we feel when it happens at 6 in the evening or over weekends. . .
    JtaDmwW.png
  • noctifer1916noctifer1916 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    LMAO looks like activated your PAP I (Polite Anger Post) :P

Passive Aggressive Post Level: Master
  • georgedpgeorgedp Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    but...

:D:D Great one! Can I steel some of your lines? :D
  • zix74itaelitezix74itaelite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    georgedp wrote: »
    :D:D Great one! Can I steel some of your lines? :D

be my guest
  • armitasarmitas Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hope all of the bugusing tribbleclicker will get a penalty and their marks deleted.
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's very typical for Europeans like yourself to resort to insults, calling people brainless, when you don't know what else to say. Europeans forever live in the shadow of America, so maybe one day when you, too, get all the McDonalds and WalMarts you want, you'll be great like us, and almost as superior as us.

That's so americal... You think you are superior to all others... Well, last time people thought they were such superior, there was a world-war.

And you didn't get the message of Star Trek: We are humans, we don't need racism. Think about it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i didn't mind the wierd sfx on risa lol, but when are you guys going to fix the Alien Romulan size bug? :(
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • sneyepersneyeper Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I never thought I would see the day where a tribble would bring the servers down! You made the impossible happen - congratulations!

The Great Tribble Attack of 2013!
  • lunosianlunosian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just got home from work all ready to play only to find that there is emergency server fixing, only to come on here and find out it's 4 trivial, non game breaking, issues. Awesome. Well worth an unscheduled shutdown.
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sneyeper wrote: »
    I never thought I would see the day where a tribble would bring the servers down! You made the impossible happen - congratulations!

The Great Tribble Attack of 2013!

lol! that was epic :D
    *salutes*
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    that was the down time???? but what ever, any news on the caitian sunglasses?? can we have a ETA on that
  • earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Personally, I get sick of constantly seeing Euro's whining and crying about when downtime occurs. It occurs at 10-12PST, guess what? It's a strike at the Euro players. It happens at midnight (same timezone), guess what? It's disrespecting Euros. (*sigh*), so basically what you're saying, is no matter WHAT time they pick to do a maintenance cycle, it's going to be a strike at Euros.
    Well, guess what? I'm American, and 3/4 of the time these downtimes occur when I happen to want to play. Guess what? I have to deal with them, or find something else to do. (In this case, prowling the forums, and seeing if I can find interesting threads to read, and/or post in)

To those Euros who are generally patient, and understand that these cycles aren't aimed at you guys, I apologize for the above, it's not directed to you.
    It IS however, directed to the crybaby one's that no matter what is done, or when stuff happens, cannot be pleased. Go infest some other game, so maybe the community around here can improve!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yuuup.

/10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well... Thanks :)

Your guys' job is pretty thankless what with this community. Thanks for the update :)

Thank the world that there are also pepople, who are unlike you, no trained fanboys, unable to any criticism, thanking their masters for spitting in their face. Because if everybody was worshipping incompetence like you do, things would never change. You would make a perfect slave though, being grateful for being exploited and laghed at. Oh my...
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Personally, I get sick of constantly seeing Euro's whining and crying about when downtime occurs. It occurs at 10-12PST, guess what? It's a strike at the Euro players. It happens at midnight (same timezone), guess what? It's disrespecting Euros. (*sigh*), so basically what you're saying, is no matter WHAT time they pick to do a maintenance cycle, it's going to be a strike at Euros.
    Well, guess what? I'm American, and 3/4 of the time these downtimes occur when I happen to want to play. Guess what? I have to deal with them, or find something else to do. (In this case, prowling the forums, and seeing if I can find interesting threads to read, and/or post in)

To those Euros who are generally patient, and understand that these cycles aren't aimed at you guys, I apologize for the above, it's not directed to you.
    It IS however, directed to the crybaby one's that no matter what is done, or when stuff happens, cannot be pleased. Go infest some other game, so maybe the community around here can improve!!!

it might be night time for you but its early morn in the UK and other parts or Europe is a hour or more ahead of me right now, may be the community would improve if every1 whouldnt add Patrol to the troll's!
    edited July 2013
    but...

I accidently skipped reading this one. I almost fell out of my chair laughing!!!!! Thank you for posting in that way!!!!:cool::D:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • armitasarmitas Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The downtime is for an urgent fix to solve the bug with the new tribble - but i hope the players who get hundreds of marks while using the bug will get a penalty and marks or the exchanged dili deleted.
  • coldbeer72coldbeer72 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Has anyone here even ever tried to mod a game? myself, i made a star trek mod for homeworld 2 and it took me 2 years just to get feds klingons and rommies in. So you lot can go **** yourselfs.
    Who here has even tried coding?

If your so upset with the game, go play Roon scape or something...

thank you Cryptic for even trying to do the impossible

So you want to grant a company with supposedly lots of employees and making a lot of money the same degree of incompetence like some hobby fiddler who has no real idea what he is doing? You need a reality check, dude.
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • noctifer1916noctifer1916 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    edited July 2013
    lunosian wrote: »
    I just got home from work all ready to play only to find that there is emergency server fixing, only to come on here and find out it's 4 trivial, non game breaking, issues. Awesome. Well worth an unscheduled shutdown.

As far as the non-trivial aspect of the sfx on Risa, should have been there. 10 minutes out of every 11, people were practically frothing at the mouth at how annoying it was. So maybe they felt they needed to prioritize this? Because people were asking for it to be removed, like, yesterday, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,162 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    corvalle wrote: »
    oh look! A Cryptic Apologist, welcome to the forum

No just a player who sees things in reality, and is fed up with seeing people moaning all the time who are blinkered.

I admit I hate all the bugs, glitches etc too, but constantly moaning on is not going to get them fixed any faster.

No one is holding a phaser to anyone's head and forcing them to play. If a person is upset with something stop playing simple as that.

If I let all the glitches and bugs get to me as much as it gets to some players I would of stopped playing long ago.

But like I said in my original post NOTHING in the worlds is perfect. The bugs and glitches are as frustrating to PWE as they are to us.
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Players and Devs at Tenagara
    Tribble when the servers fell

Honestly getting really tired of people using the excuse for all the bugs and problem with the game that it is free to play. Many of us have supported this game by purchasing quite a lot of items, and some have even spent thousands.

Yes there has to be some consideration in that this is an mmo and they are more likely to have bugs simply because the coding is always added on to with new content, but at the same time there should be some measure of quality being achieved as well.

Also the whole "if you're a true Star Trek fan you'll get over...." is pure BS. The amount of bugs and poor decisions as of late are almost to the point of overshadowing any good they achieved with LOR, and LOR for the most part was a huge boost to the quality of the game.

It's too bad players don't have the opportunity of feedback surveys or report card style comments because then Cryptic would really get to see the truth, but then again we've all seen especially of late that they have no interest in anything even remotely negative.

The name "Star Trek" will only get you so far and they are rapidly approaching that point of no return.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.