test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance (Tonight @ Midnight PDT - July 12, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• tehpostmantehpostman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This was a surprise to me lol, i was in the middle of creating a new character and BAM GET OFF SON, tbh though this happens in every mmo, i don't know how often it has happened here because i recently just came back to the game, but i will get to bed sooner, wake up sooner and continue playing, to everyone who is still roaring to go, i know how you feel, use this time wisely O_O.
  • phatboygeo1phatboygeo1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wasnt directly at you. people on the first page were having a go at a company that is giving us a game for free -.- pisses me off when people rage ad dont understand !!!
  • bulabajonesbulabajones Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE - Skiffy @ Branflakes
    Patching 11 files, 0 KB/s
    SERVER NOT RESPONDING (362.32s)
    Patching 87 files, 160.08 KB/s

victorginsocv2_zpsjqzbzllh.png

• pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    obain wrote: »

Every maintenance is in Europa on Day - allways in the Time were we can Play!!!!

THIS!!:mad:
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

• morpheusssssmorpheusssss Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wasnt directly at you. people on the first page were having a go at a company that is giving us a game for free -.- pisses me off when people rage ad dont understand !!!

Yeah I get that and you had a good point which got lost by the fact you you told everyone to pleasure themselves =P
  • kngorkngor Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hope you get it fixed soon.
    Many Players only can complain about issues and Downtimes. Then they compare other games, mostly Beta Versions, with STO and didn't think about it. In Beta Games there ist not much traffic and so the Servers didn't have the Traffic of a Live System.

That's all unneccessary and senseless talk.
    If you want to Play STO, do it and you have to accept that there are Downtimes to fix issues.

If you think you could to a better Job in Programming or Quality Service the post them your Portfolio an do it! I am sure they will hire expirienced Programmers as soon as they get them.
    If you can't do a better Job or don't know what's behind such a complex Program then stop complaining. Tell them all about Bugs or issues you find InGame and look at the Timetable they surely post in Dev Blog to see when it is planned to fix.

@pwebranflakes: I think it would be a good idea to post the Timeline of Bugfixing, not the detailed one... So the guys can see what your Team does. And i think they do a good Job but could need some help. Perhabs it would also be good to think about Remote Working Places speacially for QS and Bugfixing.

Greetings from Germany, Next time i will bring something to drink from South Germany.

Kngor (Motzi)
    =/\= 58. Geschwader - Fleet Admiral =/\=
    =/\= Vice Admiral |□|□|□| Andreas@Motzi =/\=
    =/\= Yan Isleth - yo' 'ai =/\=
    =/\= Lieutenant General |₳|₳|₳| K'ratak@Motzi =/\=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nukara Tribble, too little too late. Already maxed out my Nukara rep on my two main characters. The Nukara Tribble bug was totally disgraceful, I spent weeks getting those dam marks.:mad: Nukara Tribble pointless not even going to collect from Z-store.

Repeating audio on Risa, what a joke! Who thought that would be a good idea? Just glad I got a mute button on my keyboard.

Down time again, very annoying. :mad:
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    obain wrote: »
    NO - you are not affected - but we in Europa are affected!

Every maintenance is in Europa on Day - allways in the Time were we can Play!!!!

They play STO on one of Jupiter's moons? ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited July 2013
    Yeah I get that and you had a good point which got lost by the fact you you told everyone to pleasure themselves =P

LMFAO troll! Still funny though :)
  • qcontinuum12qcontinuum12 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    scimitar2 wrote: »
    True Star Trek Fans won't care. They'll ride through hell and back to keep on keeping on!

this game has soo much potential too!!!! As a Star Trek Fan...I totally unistalled World of ******** and quit COLD TURKEY for STO...but Dang!!!! the Down time is hurting my SOUL!!!!:(:eek:
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Get better priorities if you're going to perform emergency maintenance. :mad:

This.

Priority should be stuff customers have paid for that was supposed to be fixed last patch but wasn't, the TOS Romulan uniform, its still bugged.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • dixierecondixierecon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Nukara Tribble is back in the C-Store!
    Updated the cool down on the Nukara Tribble
    The repeating audio on the Risa Event map has been removed.
    Multiple stacks of deuterium surplus now share a 45 second cool down.

REALLY, emergency maintenance for this? Guess there's absolutely, positively no more important bugs to fix? Let's not deprive players of a Tribble, and curse all of you for exploiting deuterium without a cooldown. And what repeating audio? I got tired of most of the sounds in STO after a week of playing. I play with sound off most of the time now.

Get better priorities if you're going to perform emergency maintenance. :mad:

THIS right here
  • phatboygeo1phatboygeo1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sorry :/ i know but im angry at the way people have a go when they are activly improving the game they love to play!
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,149 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    corvalle wrote: »
    Thank them for what? A bug infested game with constant downtime and bugs that have been around since launch?

Ok...

WHOA!!!! hold on a minute. Players seem to forget that the GM's, devs, community staff (branflakes) are NOT employees to us the players. Everyone at PWE has their own lives, their own families etc. They are not androids who work 24/7 without breaks. They do as much as they can do in the allotted time they have. Yes things are bugged or broken but hey that's life, nothing is perfect.

Ok Things are not getting fixed at a rate in which some would like them to be fixed, but every bug has to be fully investigated to find out the cause in the hope it doesn't reoccur. Yes some bugs to happen again, but again that is life.

Every player should have respect for branflakes. We have a community leader DEDICATED to us the players. As it quite clearly states in the terms of use. PWE can take the servers down at ant time for what ever duration with or without prior knowledge to us the players. But we have always had messages on the launcher CLEARLY stating down times and durations and a thread on the forum detailing the reason for the downtime. Branflakes is so dedicated to us the players that he keeps us all up to date as and when if further complications arise. So instead of getting on his case be grateful for his loyalty to us.
    edited July 2013
    I quit WoW cold turkey for STO ....You guys are trying the best you can I understand...but this down time is hurting my soul.....Please less down time....I have faith in you guys!!!! thanks sto team...!!!!!:D
  • corvallecorvalle Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lol... you're just a liar.

And you're just a little clone...

Let the tears flow, you whiney lil entitled kids! OMG have to find something else to do for 2 hours while they fix the bugs that you whine they never fix.

Uh huh....do you feel better now? Did you get that all out?
  • kngorkngor Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    =/\= 58. Geschwader - Fleet Admiral =/\=
    =/\= Vice Admiral |□|□|□| Andreas@Motzi =/\=
    =/\= Yan Isleth - yo' 'ai =/\=
    =/\= Lieutenant General |₳|₳|₳| K'ratak@Motzi =/\=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • corvallecorvalle Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    eazzie wrote: »
    WHOA!!!! hold on a minute. Players seem to forget that the GM's, devs, community staff (branflakes) are NOT employees to us the players. Everyone at PWE has their own lives, their own families etc. They are not androids who work 24/7 without breaks. They do as much as they can do in the allotted time they have. Yes things are bugged or broken but hey that's life, nothing is perfect.

Ok Things are not getting fixed at a rate in which some would like them to be fixed, but every bug has to be fully investigated to find out the cause in the hope it doesn't reoccur. Yes some bugs to happen again, but again that is life.

Every player should have respect for branflakes. We have a community leader DEDICATED to us the players. As it quite clearly states in the terms of use. PWE can take the servers down at ant time for what ever duration with or without prior knowledge to us the players. But we have always had messages on the launcher CLEARLY stating down times and durations and a thread on the forum detailing the reason for the downtime. Branflakes is so dedicated to us the players that he keeps us all up to date as and when if further complications arise. So instead of getting on his case be grateful for his loyalty to us.

oh look! A Cryptic Apologist, welcome to the forum
    edited July 2013
    Sorry :/ i know but im angry at the way people have a go when they are activly improving the game they love to play!

Meh maybe I over-reacted slightly, I'm just annoyed because I'm a lifetime member and I would like to play what I paid for. I mean take a look at this list http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=757541 Can't they try and fix them too or give a hint when they will try? If they were doing emergency maintenance for that list then fine I'd keep my mouth shut hell I'd be happy to wait for a couple of days without the game, but emergency maintanence for a damn tribble? I mean come on already!

Ok rant over =P
  • philfixitphilfixit Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I haven't played this game as long as some. but im getting pretty fed up of paying for uniforms that arnt on my crew when I go into my ship. then my crew isn't on my bridge either. also so im not interesting in romulans or kdf.but I wont some of there ships.but cant have them as there ring fenced so federation cant use them.

im still playing but seeing I have paid to play this game I can complain on here and ,you guys that run it suck.

you cant even get the basic right. you cant get uniforms right how the hell can you even get basic ship manuvers or even planets that don't glitch.

you guys have never passed any computer courses you all must be self taught.You aint done a very good job at that either.

Lord monty
    federation freeek.
    edited July 2013
    Well I guess the down time can be used in a positive way.....sleep for 2 hours (setting the alarm clock) or Star Trek Voyager athon Netflix style lol .....The Weekend is Here!!! Come On STO Team ....."Go Team STO" ....(TRIBBLE Team Edward...).....the weekend is here....total Gaming Time!!!!! :D
    edited July 2013

edited July 2013
    this game reminds me alot of City of Heroes/Villians that went away last year too....Come One guys!!!! I have faith....I dont ever wanna go back to WoW....STO TRUE BLUE through and through!!!!!! ......Time to watch ST: Voyager and Wonder Woman series for few hours i guess ... :D Cup of Tea Earl Grey all around for the Team!!!!! Go Team STO!!!!
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    edited July 2013
    corvalle wrote: »
    oh look! A Cryptic Apologist, welcome to the forum

It's also obvious he's probably being paid by someone who sympathizes with Cryptic to write those posts of his. He probably gets paid by the word. I hope all that money spent on chicken nuggets and diet soda was worth it to him for destroying the integrity of internet gaming everywhere.

edited July 2013
    druhin wrote: »
    The only natives in your land, are the Native Americans (aka Indians).

Grammar correction: comma unnecessary

• druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Grammar correction: comma unnecessary

Grammar correction unnecessary. I am not native to the english language. I do my best. Move along.
  • noctifer1916noctifer1916 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    eazzie wrote: »

I would agree with you at prima facie, however cosmetic items (tribbles and sounds) as well as a minor glitch on one item, do not warrant an emergency shutdown. Generally when a dev team calls for an emergency shutdown, and for 2 hours, we should understand that there is a serious game play issue.
This discussion has been closed.