test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rom cannot use Omega / KHG Costume at Tailor

fataiityx3fataiityx3 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Omega Armor for KDF Romulans is currently not working on Live or Tribble server.

After all tailor projects are finished there is no pull down menu option for Omega, this covers type 1/2/3.

Currently KHG armor works, but only parts. The missing items are as follows: Neck piece, Helm(this seems to be game wide now) and Upper Arm bracers.
Post edited by fataiityx3 on

Comments

• alikainalikain Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The last I check you are just an allied not part of the KDF, so why be give access to the KHG uniform. Am sure if you wait a bit the Romulan will get they own version.
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That seems like a bug. Similarly, you can dump dilithium and fleet credits to get the Fleet Bortasq uniform, but can't wear it.

And Omega is faction-neutral in any case.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • fataiityx3fataiityx3 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also did the tailor unlock for the Type 1 Omega and BOTH fed and KDF can use the Omega costume, so this IS a bug for sure. The armor shows on my character when I enable visuals, but the costume unlock I paid for isn't showing up.

Update.

Here is the picture to prove what I am talking about
    2i0c0oj.jpg

This is with Show armor selected.
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think this is a bug; I cannot get the drop down to work in any case now, and have not been able to for a while. Uniform is it, without any other option. It's a good thing I got my Romulan formal wear at character creation, and made an off-duty robe soon after, but I would like to see if there are any other non-uniform options available to me.

And while on this subject, what's the deal with being unable to edit a costume that has an off-duty robe? This has been the case since I started playing almost a year ago (ignore the "Join Date" here) and created a Vulcan; once I made her robe, I've never been able to edit it in any way, nor even to make changes to her hairstyle, add earrings, etc, because when I try to do so, the robe vanishes and is replaced by ... something else (not really sure what it is, but it looks sort of like a '70s era women's pantsuit, with the same colors as the robe, rearranged some). The same thing happens now on my Romulan.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    naevius wrote: »
    That seems like a bug. Similarly, you can dump dilithium and fleet credits to get the Fleet Bortasq uniform, but can't wear it.

And Omega is faction-neutral in any case.

I also bought the Fleet Bortasqu' uniform for my Romulan, and it irks me that she can't wear the uniform considering how much in resources it costs.
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited June 2013
    Lets keep this thread going so we can get the devs attention. This has to be a bug, and not intended, as my screen shot shows.
  • jennysevenjennyseven Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just purchased the Fed fleet uniform from the starbase...now cant find it in the tailor. Moved maps and restarted the game. Even had a friend with the uniform search for it the tailor and we could not find it?
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm hoping it gets fixed, since I'm out 16k dil and 8k fleet cred on the Bort uniform :)
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the Bortas'que and Odyssey uniforms aren't a bug. You can use those on your faction allied BOFFS.

The KHG and MACO looks will likely be used to unlock the ROmulan specific version when they roll out, in other words you're getting the keys and the car is on the way.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Bortasqu' and Oddy uniforms are not bugged, they can only be equiped if you are a member of that faction, which as a Romulan you're not. Your allied Boffs however can use the uniforms because they are members of the said allied faction.

About the Omega/Honor Guard armor it could possibly be a bug, but I think there's far more chance it's working as intended so Romulans will get their own versions that are in the works as mentioned by mr.Stahl in the latest 'Ask Cryptic'.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    The Bortasqu' and Oddy uniforms are not bugged, they can only be equiped if you are a member of that faction, which as a Romulan you're not. Your allied Boffs however can use the uniforms because they are members of the said allied faction.

About the Omega/Honor Guard armor it could possibly be a bug, but I think there's far more chance it's working as intended so Romulans will get their own versions that are in the works as mentioned by mr.Stahl in the latest 'Ask Cryptic'.

While Maco and Honour Guard are faction specific, Omega is not. Its supposed to be a cross faction set, so why cant Romulans get it?

Also, this should be in the BUG REPORTS section.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    While Maco and Honour Guard are faction specific, Omega is not. Its supposed to be a cross faction set, so why cant Romulans get it?

Also, this should be in the BUG REPORTS section.

Ah, sorry, I ment M.A.C.O. and yet wrote Omega. :o
    Yeah, that would probably be a bug/glitch.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Checked on Tribble, The mark XI costumes and armors work with my fed allied tactical.

Both Omega and Maco work fine.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WHen/If the Romulan version of MACO/KHG hits and it's not some sleek dark green suit with traces of a Raptor influence I will be VERY disappointed.
    edited June 2013
    I think they just have their allies armors.
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a sidenote, I invested in the Romulan Embassy Senator robes and that one doesn't show anywhere either.

Despite them being, y'know, Romulan Senator Robes. Robes that D'Tan has no trouble wearing. >_>;
  • aetherscapistaetherscapist Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I had this problem too, and I think I know the workaround solution to the bug.

Any costumes that require you to change the "uniform" drop down currently don't work if you're in a fleet, because that drop down covers it up. If you're in a fleet currently, try to quit it briefly to make a new uniform.

Not an ideal solution, but it solved the problem when I went to try to make some off-duty outfits on my Romulan.
  • theprophet8theprophet8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your workaround definitly works for the formal and off-duty outfits. I tried that but there was no sight of the omega costume. So I think we will have to sit this one out^^
    edited June 2013
    Are you fed or kdf allied?
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, it was a good idea to hold off on Omega rep. My KDF Romulan can only use 1 outfit slot out of the 5 I should have.

I was able to use them when I first made my Romulan, but now I cannot select the uniforms and it spits out some error regarding armour being on, but it isn't :/
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• crayziercrayzier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The problem is still there. Just unlocked Omega costume option 1 and I can't select it from the pull down menu at the tailor. Please fix this now, it has nothing to do with the possibility of a future romulan faction outfit.
    edited July 2013
    I unlocked KHG MK XII and Omega XII with Tier 5 Omega rep a few days ago.

Both Armors are visible on my character, but after doing the "costume tailor" unlock they are not visible what so ever, even with the off-duty fix.

If they are waiting for a Romulan specific look, I hope they retroactively make it available for those who have already done the tailor unlock via Rep.
    edited July 2013
    fataiityx3 wrote: »
    I unlocked KHG MK XII and Omega XII with Tier 5 Omega rep a few days ago.

Both Armors are visible on my character, but after doing the "costume tailor" unlock they are not visible what so ever, even with the off-duty fix.

If they are waiting for a Romulan specific look, I hope they retroactively make it available for those who have already done the tailor unlock via Rep.

They are not doing it, and on tribble my fed-romulan could unlock it Omega mark XI armor looks, and Maco XI looks.

A friend of mine also has Omega mark XI on her romulan in game. I'll be getting mark XII in a week.
    edited July 2013
    They are not doing it, and on tribble my fed-romulan could unlock it Omega mark XI armor looks, and Maco XI looks.

A friend of mine also has Omega mark XI on her romulan in game. I'll be getting mark XII in a week.

I just checked on tribble, other then the off-duty and uniform tabs, there is no Omega / KHG tab option like on my Klink and Fed.

You can do the rep assignment no problem, but it does not change anything.

The Armor Visuals do show with Mk XI-XII KHG and Omega, but not the customizable tailor tab.
    edited July 2013
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have encountered this bug too on my Reman. I unlocked the Omega Mk XI costume and did the project but no sign of the uniform option for Omega anywhere in any of the costume slots and uniform dropdowns.

I understand tpalelena, that you have managed to make it work on your characters. However it doesnt mean it is not a bug. I have tried everything possible to fix it and nothing.

I have also seen another Romulan female with the costumes, so maybe it workd for females but not males? I dont know, all i know is i cant get the costumes at all.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
    edited July 2013

And yes, a Fed Rom, go figure.

I managed to get part of the KHG XII set working on live along with type 3 *Elite Commander armor* My omega Type XI, XII and Type 3 do not show up what so ever.

As you might of noticed, my Rom is not a feddie.
    edited July 2013
    fataiityx3 wrote: »
    And yes, a Fed Rom, go figure.

I managed to get part of the KHG XII set working on live along with type 3 *Elite Commander armor* My omega Type XI, XII and Type 3 do not show up what so ever.

As you might of noticed, my Rom is not a feddie.

So maybe its actually a KDF related problem, or related to a males or remans? Odd bug for sure.
    edited July 2013
    I can confirm with 100% certainty now:

Omega Type 1/2/3 Do not show as option on Live or Tribble with KDF Allied Rom

KHG Type 1/2/3/4 Do show with *parts missing* Upper arm, neck and of course helm options are totally missing. Same on tribble.
  • fraktheworldfraktheworld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i see a lot of you have tried to get fleet and rep uniforms but i tried to get the risa off duty uniform and after spending the time to get all the favors i have now gotten it and opened it on my rom toon and now it is not there to put it on the toon... want to talk about being VERY VERY MAD>>>
    Life is what happens when your playing STO:D