test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Right click targetting

jsck82jsck82 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So recently, like the last week or so, I have been playing around with trying to figure out why my target will switch to an ally, or a close enemy, or even an enemy beyond combat range (right now, the record stands at 14.4KM, still technically combat range), and have come up with a cause, but no solution.

Right clicking to rotate or turn the camera has consistently caused my target to lose focus or to transfer, usually just as though I had left clicked to deselect my target. I just tried to turn off click to untarget, as well as most targetting options, and no such luck. Ground or space, right clicking to rotate my camera will more often than not result in a lost target.

Any solutions, or a legit bug?
Post edited by jsck82 on

Comments

• insanesenatorinsanesenator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think I've experienced this bug in a different form-

I keybind TT, even out shield facings, fire all weapons (the weapon command, not B:FAW) to the same key. If I am in a carier-capable ship, or using the Rommy torps, if I spam my spacebar while holding RMB down, sometimes I will lose focus on my current target and "target nearest anything" which ends up being my fighters or torpedoes and give them Tactical Team.

Interesting side-thought: Would buffing a torpedo with Tactical Team give it more damage? I am far too lazy to test this.
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm not sure if this is the same bug, but I have noticed in a lot of Fed Minefields that when I'm trying to bring an alpha strike on the named ships in the second part, I suddenly and randomly switch targets to something else, usually something behind me. Naturally, that really screws up my attack run, and it's often rather difficult to retarget my original target in time, as tab won't work, and there's too much clutter around the original target.

I think it might sometimes be because of the ships going into MVAM, even though I'm pretty sure one of them has the appearance of the fleet assault cruiser costume prior to doing so. Instead of retaining the main portion of the ship as a target, my target just swaps out to another random ship just as the thing splits up.
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I get this with my KDF ships no matter what i do i just cant get them to stay locked on 1 target,,,,,,,,its bloody annoying.
  • jsck82jsck82 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So at least I know I'm not the only person experiencing this. Has anyone else? This issue is making some combats extremely difficult, and I have yet to find any way to really work around it.