test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Community Dancing and Dabo Social Party - July 10th - 2 Timeslots (BST and PDT/EDT)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains!

I am organizing an in-game (Holodeck) Dancing and Dabo Social Party for this coming Wednesday.

The first timeslot will be at 6pm BST/ 10am PDT/ 1pm EDT. (Click here to view in your time zone)

The second timeslot will be at 3pm PDT/ 6pm EDT/ 11pm BST. (Click here to view in your time zone)

Make your way to the bar on Nimbus III then and get ready to dance and Dabo the night away! Please join the PartyTime chat channel to see any communication from myself. Type this command in your chat bar to join the channel: /channel_join PartyTime

If you can't make it Wednesday, I would like to try and do these often, and on different days/ times. Feel free to post constructive feedback in here with ideas, including if you would like to see this expanded to other types of events (STFs, PvP, PvE, Foundry, Fleet Actions etc.).

I hope to see many of you on Wednesday!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• llunaukllunauk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd love to see this on RISA instead of Nimbus 3!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hiveman5hiveman5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    llunauk wrote: »

2nd that. Much more people are going to be at Risa Summer Event then Nimbus 3. Once most people's missions are done there, people tend to not come back to this zone as once you've done everything, there isn't much to really go back for. Risa on the otherhand is usually quite packed with dozens if not hundreds of instances. Far better place for a social event.
    The Galaxy needs you to fight the Iconians and their Heralds in order to protect our interests and freedoms in the Galaxy. Join the fight in the Herald/Iconian War today! :cool:
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2013
    llunauk wrote: »

I was debating that, but decided on Nimbus III because my next event is planned for Risa :D Jetpack scavenger hunt, anyone? :cool: #BranFlakesIsTheNewPavyl

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited July 2013
    Scavenger Hunt sounds awesome, fire up the Jetpacks! haha :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    We won't get bored of Risa so don't worry about having 2 events there Branflakes :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    hiveman5 wrote: »
    2nd that. Much more people are going to be at Risa Summer Event then Nimbus 3. Once most people's missions are done there, people tend to not come back to this zone as once you've done everything, there isn't much to really go back for. Risa on the otherhand is usually quite packed with dozens if not hundreds of instances. Far better place for a social event.

Yellow part ---^ Exactly why it will be on Nimbus. Everyone is already on Risa for the event, so let's switch it up a bit.

Now to think of party names...

Return to Nimbus: Electric Danceoff
    The Dancetroop of Nimbus
    Pirate Dancing: Nimbus Nights
    How Nimbus got its Groove Back

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • nivek224nivek224 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sounds awesome! Ill be there.
    edited July 2013
    Nimbus III.....

*Waves Hands*

"these aren't the droids you're looking for"

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yellow part ---^ Exactly why it will be on Nimbus. Everyone is already on Risa for the event, so let's switch it up a bit.

Now to think of party names...

Return to Nimbus: Electric Danceoff
    The Dancetroop of Nimbus
    Pirate Dancing: Nimbus Nights
    How Nimbus got its Groove Back

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Paradice Prancing
    Nimble Nimbus
    No Three Titty Kittys allowed
    jfsig02.png
  • selenelangofeselenelangofe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    random thought, if there's a radio involved, players with headsets and mics should jump on for a vocal conversation on the air
    ya gotta be jokin' kidding me....
  • ocholivisocholivis Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like it. If I'm available, count me in. Maybe you can call it "Warping Wednesdays" and make it a universal day of STO-playing. :)
  • mattimusprime546mattimusprime546 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah there should definitely be some social events on Risa! :)
  • renomillerrenomiller Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you really want people to use the Nimbus III map for social events, open up Stronghold as a social map. :cool:

Also sell actual swimwear for Risa, if it's okay for an NPC to wear it, why not a player?
  • mntlrptrsmntlrptrs Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like the idea of a social event on Nimbus but IMO the most appropriate place for that would be Shangdu, which really really REALLY should be open for visits after completing the episode mission. It seems I'm not the only one feeling like that, according to this thread, and this one too. And there's this thread where I mentioned Shangdu as a social hot-spot as well, although the initial subject was apparently more about some of the employees :D

I sincerely hope Cryptic is going/able to pick up on this, it's too good a feature to be missed!
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited July 2013
    @Branflakes, If you can get the art team to make T-Shirts for parties and have those as door prizes you will get many many players coming to the parties. Then have raffles for different zen items as the top wins and box's of marks and refined dilithium and MK XII very rare and desireable items to be raffled off throughout the event it would give people more of an incentive to join these parties.

You can take a look at Anarchy Onlines parties with all the giveaways they do, shirts, special drinks you can only get during the event, social items like masks and party favors. All those bring in players and tons more fun.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sounds like fun, see you there. :)
  • freelancen00bfreelancen00b Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How about a high rollers table? Max bet over 100. Going to take forever and a day to hit the 1mil mark for the last accolade.
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    renomiller wrote: »
    If you really want people to use the Nimbus III map for social events, open up Stronghold as a social map. :cool:

Shangdu is a totally happening club. Provided you can get past their bouncer. ;)

On a side note, I've added Google Events for these parties through Subspace Agenda, and the Star Trek Online Community on G+.

Here's the event for the BST timeslot, and

Here's the event for the EDT timeslot.

Signing up for events like these are handy to place the events on your own Google Calendars, and you can get reminders when the event is about to happen. Also if you're on G+, there's a reminder of upcoming events you've signed up for right there on your main page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This oughta be fun :)
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    Two Tickets to Paradise?
    Naughty Nimbus and the Boogie Down Boys?
    Wretched Party of Scum and Villainy?

Ain't no party like a Nimbus party because Nimbus has no night!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Two Tickets to Paradise?
    Naughty Nimbus and the Boogie Down Boys?
    Wretched Party of Scum and Villainy?

Ain't no party like a Nimbus party because Nimbus has no night!

You'll be there, right?
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    I'll try to stop by, but both times are during working hours, so it depends on what's going on.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Captains!

I am organizing an in-game (Holodeck) Dancing and Dabo Social Party for this coming Wednesday.

The first timeslot will be at 6pm BST/ 10am PDT/ 1pm EDT. (Click here to view in your time zone)

The second timeslot will be at 3pm PDT/ 6pm EDT/ 11pm BST. (Click here to view in your time zone)

Make your way to the bar on Nimbus III then and get ready to dance and Dabo the night away! Please join the PartyTime chat channel to see any communication from myself. Type this command in your chat bar to join the channel: /channel_join PartyTime

If you can't make it Wednesday, I would like to try and do these often, and on different days/ times. Feel free to post constructive feedback in here with ideas, including if you would like to see this expanded to other types of events (STFs, PvP, PvE, Foundry, Fleet Actions etc.).

I hope to see many of you on Wednesday!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Will try to be there - Love to see these community events.

Small request? Could you list time zones in same order for the events? So first timeslot is listed BST/PDT/ EDT but second one is listed PDT/EDT/BST

I know, it's stupid, but I'm old and pretty stupid and easily confused. Didn't notice it until I decided to put it on my calendar with a reminder; thought the ET second one started at 11 pm. :rolleyes:

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
    edited July 2013
    Will try to be there - Love to see these community events.

Small request? Could you list time zones in same order for the events? So first timeslot is listed BST/PDT/ EDT but second one is listed PDT/EDT/BST

I know, it's stupid, but I'm old and pretty stupid and easily confused. Didn't notice it until I decided to put it on my calendar with a reminder; thought the ET second one started at 11 pm. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the suggestion. They are listed like this due to one being a BST timeslot (so it's listed first), and the other the PDT/EDT, as mentioned in the thread title :) Best thing to do is click the link to the right of the timeslots and it will automatically let you know what time it is in your timezone based on your browser's setting.

Hope to see you out at the event in a few hours, and/or the one later!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited July 2013
    The BST timeslot of the event begins in just one hour! Hope to see you on Nimbus then :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • lolsuphelmqrikerlolsuphelmqriker Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, this might be fun.
    Gorn Hegemony Best Faction MW 2410
    playable balaur when?

• idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm not John Travolta when it comes to dancing, but I'll stop by. :)

If anyone needs help with missions while event is running, poke me.
    signwidrona.png
  • mikhelper1mikhelper1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    make the jets usable everywhere, and i'm going to go on nimbus. please.
  • imnoemimnoem Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The great Nimbus Prancercise-a-thon!

What, its catchy!

Dont look at me like that...
  • crimsonmagnuscrimsonmagnus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nimbus III: Electric Boogaloo gets my vote.
This discussion has been closed.