test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PWE/cryptic don't seem to care (Re: bug reports)

n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 391 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I need to ask, but do you people even read and/or help those with issues in the tech support sections of the forums. Or have you gotten that lazy cutting cornings and releasing such bugged bull**** content that you've all but ignored the issues people bring up.

Submitting bug reports garners no replies, when it actually works. And we ended up waiting weeks for a reply going...we cant help you. Im curious...with all the gouging with zstore pricing you guys do and knowing how much people spend.

Why is customer service a none existant pile of TRIBBLE.

Hell..the PWE support page...8 months or so later...still gives me redirect errors. People I know cant log into STO, or NWo or CO. And nothings adressed. Ever.

is this what I paid a lifetime membership for?

utter filth.
4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
Post edited by n0vastarone on

Comments

• rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Congratulations! You are this weeks 100the person to use the phrase'Cryptic doesnt care' as a thread title! You have just announced to the entire forum. That this thread is full of self piying woe and is to be avoided lik a dose of the measles. Congratulations!
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Honestly, if I were a PWE technician and I read what you just wrote, I would be less inclined to help you. You come off as demanding and uncouth.

When I worked as a computer technician in my teens and early twenties, I discovered that the vast majority of reported computer problems existed between the keyboard and the chair. If it comes down to a choice between spending money for PWE employees to handhold users through technical issues, most of which they could solve themselves with a little research or trial and error and using the money to develop content for the game. . . guess which paychecks I would prefer PWE to write?

That being said, Cryptic does need to investigate when there are many reported instances of a problem and from what I have seen they usually do a good job of it, though sometimes it can take them a while to squash the bugs. But really, top dollar operating systems like Microsoft still release patches a decade late for old bugs. It just goes with the territory.

Also, submitting bug reports is not really supposed to "garner a reply". It is supposed to be compiled and rated so that the most frequent or damaging bugs are worked on first. Taking time out of bug squashing to write an individual reply to your bug report would be a waste of the money we pay.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Submitting a bug report never gives a reply. The info in the report is supposedly sent to the appropriate devs and they work on fixing it. Submitting a support ticket will give a reply eventually even if it is a worthless reply that doesn't help anything.
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Congratulations! You are this weeks 100the person to use the phrase'Cryptic doesnt care' as a thread title! You have just announced to the entire forum. That this thread is full of self piying woe and is to be avoided lik a dose of the measles. Congratulations!

Congratulations! You managed to misuse a period and start off another sentence with a word referencing the other side of a compound sentence that isn't there! You also failed to spell properly in an error of spell checker!
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    teknesia wrote: »
    Congratulations! You managed to misuse a period and start off another sentence with a word referencing the other side of a compound sentence that isn't there! You also failed to spell properly in an error of spell checker!

I believe that your non sequitur (being a violation of logic) is much more egregious than his failure to proofread his minor punctuation error.
    edited July 2013
    teknesia wrote: »
    That is dependant on 2 important points that my mobile phone has a spell checker (which it doesn't) and 2 that I give a damn...
  • motito78motito78 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    all devs are the same, i stopped submitting bugs and possible solutions long time ago, i have never seen a simple "thank you" ever, but my solutions were afterwards applied.
    They seems to be mad cause you find a mistake they'd done.
    edited July 2013
    They have a playerbase of thousands and must have hundreds of bug reports submitted to them with more added daily. They probably only have a handful of guys working on locating and dealing with all these bugs. They dont have time to personally reply to every complaint and bug report. People think that every bug report will be pounced on eagerly by hundreds of developers who will stop at nothing to fix it.

Pick yer number and get in line.
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think the real problem is that there are so many unresolved bugs and issues in the game that people start believing that no one cares. I think we can all name a few bugs that are of particular interest to us that we would like fixed but they are still around, usually after several months.

Just today a friend tried to get the Jem'Hadar fighters from the DIl store and she could not because the game could not tell she was flying a Jem'hadar HEC. There are many examples like this and they persist month after month.
  • arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think the real problem is that there are so many unresolved bugs and issues in the game that people start believing that no one cares. I think we can all name a few bugs that are of particular interest to us that we would like fixed but they are still around, usually after several months.

When LoR was released a podcast (I think it was Priority One) also asked Dan Stahl if they won't ever take a few weeks to put the whole team on bug fixing and catch up with all the junk that piled up over the years. He said "Hey, that is exactly what we are doing now!".

What did it lead to? One, again, ONE single bugfix patch that fixed perhaps 60% of the new bugs introduced with LoR and NOTHING of the year long outstanding old bugs. And now they are back to silence and zero updates.

And people still keep defending them? There is a limit to good faith, eventually it turns into pure stupidity.
  • banatinebanatine Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i think it's more a case that when you are trying to fix bugs, it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

And you aren't allowed to disturb the shape of the stack while your looking.

When all you are looking at is bits of code, and seeing how these hundreds of segments interact with one another, and then how they interact beyond that...
    Real Temporal Operative: Purchased the Special Temporal Agent pack before it was even officially announced!
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When LoR was released a podcast (I think it was Priority One) also asked Dan Stahl if they won't ever take a few weeks to put the whole team on bug fixing and catch up with all the junk that piled up over the years. He said "Hey, that is exactly what we are doing now!".

What did it lead to? One, again, ONE single bugfix patch that fixed perhaps 60% of the new bugs introduced with LoR and NOTHING of the year long outstanding old bugs. And now they are back to silence and zero updates.

And people still keep defending them? There is a limit to good faith, eventually it turns into pure stupidity.

I have to say I agree, tho the title was about the support being nonexistant in this game and that's true too.

Tried to get help for my husband's account because he can't login anywhere not even to submit a support ticket what did they tell me after months of trying, "have your husband submit a support ticket" herp derp!
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    is this what I paid a lifetime membership for?

No, you paid a lifetime membership for lifetime membership.
  • movodormovodor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Angry unconstructive tone of the post aside, Nova has a point. There are longstanding bugs that have been identified for months or years and haven't been touched.

Their priorities are..skewed.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Just today a friend tried to get the Jem'Hadar fighters from the DIl store and she could not because the game could not tell she was flying a Jem'hadar HEC. There are many examples like this and they persist month after month.

^^ A sensible reply; how refreshing! :)

Also, next to 'clear & obvious' bugs not getting fixed, what greatly adds to the frustration -- to mine, at least -- is seeing Cryptic constantly work on other, new stuff -- ignoring the old. See, to me, when someone has a Jem'hadar HEC, but can't buy the appropriate pets for it, such a thing needs to take priority over, say, working on a whole new Risa summer event. For one, because if you don't, bugs like that never get fixed, cuz there's always the next new big project to work on.

And thus, in the same vein, I'm waiting, endlessly, for the bug getting fixed where now all my Romulan Embassy boffs are missing vital parts of their anatomy. Cryptic is aware, of course; but sadly, with the OP, I have to conclude that, indeed, they don't care.

And no, it's not about the OP being somehow totally unreasonable. People realize -- and this also greatly adds to the frustration -- that if Cryptic has the time and resources to design and create an entirely new (and absolutely gorgeous) flotilla, then it becomes unreasonable on Cryptic's end, and that of its defenders, to suggest they can't spare the 5 minutes it takes to work on restoring the Embassy boffs' missing limbs; or on allowing someone to get the pets that go with their ship.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • spacefleaspaceflea Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dear lord people.. even after more then three years of the exact same behavior from this company, you still haven't learned a thing? You still come here and write novels about endless bugs, broken stuff and what not expecting attention?

C'mon, get real. If nothing changed in more then three years, what makes you think now will? This is a game you play as delivered on the launch/expansion/update day and only time this changes if it impacts their monetary gain.

Instead of whining and ********, go check a few business/company review sites. You will quickly understand how pointless your rants are.

(p.s. if you can't be bothered, Cryptic is given the worst grade in the business world in customer relations, also warnings are given about possible customer misinformation, deception, fraud and so on.)

tl;dr, play the game, enjoy it as much as you can for a while, once you get fed up move on. If you want attention, move to their new MMO Neverwinter.
  • oldkilldareoldkilldare Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    anyone noticed how in skills/items are seemingly introducing huge power creep/balance issues and they don't seem to care any more ?

well i've seen/felt that before...

and i wouldn't be surprised if the game was canned in the next 12-18 months tbth

hell, there's probably a very valuable jj Trek licence floating around someone at Paramount really wants to punt...

but all you sycophants will keep playing/buying till the last day no doubt.

they won't get a dime off me from now on however till i see some commitment to quality rather than delivering fan service and fap material via lock boxes, the store and the fleet system.

have you any idea how weird it is in MMO circles to have guild membership directly conveying "progression" gear to players ?...an ofc once you're there you gotta keep that whole guild grinding the latest guild asset to keep it delivering the goods...to yourselves alone...for no real discernible reason :\

Professor Skinner would be sooo proud (not)
  • cutebuttscutebutts Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am new, and this game is terrible.

Around 5% of quests I have done so far are ineligible to be completed due to glitched items (they're there but they're not). Or better yet, your targeting is altered and you're killing allied enemies and your own companions.

I should've listened when 80% of all reviews claim this game is bad, and at times, unbearably buggy.

Also, I sincerely doubt, as a student studying engineering, that it is mostly the clients fault.. as there isn't much to fail at if it were properly designed.

Entirely this (and I have spent money but am only level 45):
    they won't get a dime off me from now on however till i see some commitment to quality rather than delivering fan service and fap material via lock boxes, the store and the fleet system.

As a new player, I think I have a certain edge on this as I can hardly enjoy anything without glitches looming around every corner. Maybe you can because you have those feels for your good past with the game.. but for me, this is just TRIBBLE.