Install Arc
Options

THE Best Way To Improve Risa Event

2»

Comments

• Options
    mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Was really looking forward to Stargate Worlds, it and STO being the only two MMOs I'd seriously consider playing and paying for. Was a sad day when it died. :(

I think if anyone where to pick up the mantle and make a Stargate MMO, I'd like Cryptic to do it. There's a gotta be a fair few Gaters in Cryptics staff, and if it turned out as good as STO has, I'd be very happy :)

On the topic of improving Risa and the Event. Overall I really like the event, the environment is stunning, the current missions/tasks are fun, and I enjoyed the accolade hunting.

My only suggestions for improvements would be;
    • Lower Item Prices The prices for some items are quite expensive. 600 Favours for flower accessories, when the same amount will buy you trousers and a shirt, or a mid-level floater is a little out of whack. I'm just thankful that favours aren't character bound and can be traded. As someone who has a lot of alts, I must say that STO has become very alt-hostile since the acquisition by PWE and move to free to play. But that's a discussion for another thread.
    • Swimwear Yes I know, I know, you need to find a way to stop captains from.gallivanting around the universe wearing barely more than a smile. But given the tech you've displayed with the EV suits, STF armour, and the ability to limit item use to selected maps. Could some system using these be made allowing, swimwear to be worn in very select locations?
    • Let our Boffs enjoy Risa too! My captain feels a bit uneasy beaming down to relax on Risa while his equally hard working boffs are having to toil away aboard ship in orbit. I'm not sure how you'd do it, but you have shown with "Temporal Ambassador" that you have the ability to take my boffs and repurpose them in a mission, even change their outfits. Whether this could be done on a social map I don't know. I'm guessing pulling all the boff data, for every player, in that instance, multiplied by the number of instances would probably melt your servers.

Lastly I'd like to second the comments that more non-combat game play is always welcomed, be it PvE or PvP.
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Risa needs a mail terminal pretty bad.
  • Options
    berahtberaht Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thlaylie! You're still playing and posting after all these years. Remember when I quoted you in my sig a looooong time ago? It was a tier 5 connie quote from you. And you're still on my friend list.

So is the dance, flying, and statue hunt all there is on Risa?
    6e5OTnq.png
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Risa needs a mail terminal pretty bad.

Doesn't it have one in the Resort????? :confused:
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Was really looking forward to Stargate Worlds, it and STO being the only two MMOs I'd seriously consider playing and paying for. Was a sad day when it died. :(

I think if anyone where to pick up the mantle and make a Stargate MMO, I'd like Cryptic to do it. There's a gotta be a fair few Gaters in Cryptics staff, and if it turned out as good as STO has, I'd be very happy :)

I think SGW would be best if you combined SWG and a random planet generator. One that's actually, you know, a RANDOM planet generator. :P

Yes, I know it can't be done without tons of effort. Doesn't mean I can't say it'd be good for the game.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    beraht wrote: »
    Thlaylie! You're still playing and posting after all these years. Remember when I quoted you in my sig a looooong time ago? It was a tier 5 connie quote from you. And you're still on my friend list.

So is the dance, flying, and statue hunt all there is on Risa?

Hello!

Yup, still here. I'm sure you are still on my friend list as well, I haven't deleted anybody.

T5 Connie FTW.

The Dance, Flying and Statue Hunt is inded on Risa.

I managed to combine the Dancing and Flying thou....

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/Thlaylie/Star%20Trek%20Online/Newest/screenshot_2013-07-02-15-03-18_zps78ba3eec.jpg
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello!

Yup, still here. I'm sure you are still on my friend list as well, I haven't deleted anybody.

T5 Connie FTW.

The Dance, Flying and Statue Hunt is inded on Risa.

I managed to combine the Dancing and Flying thou....

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/Thlaylie/Star%20Trek%20Online/Newest/screenshot_2013-07-02-15-03-18_zps78ba3eec.jpg

Uhh... you do realize these friend lists go both ways? If he deletes you, it has the same effect as if you deleted him and vice versa - just like Steam does it.

After all, this isn't StarCraft 2... :P

Edit: My point was that there was no reason to confirm the "And you're still on my friend list." in beraht's post. It just occured to me that I didn't exactly explain that. :o

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    abrahamjohnson83abrahamjohnson83 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    AWESOME!! Didn't see that!

OK then:

Make Jetpacks stop disappearing off our Toon's backs when we crouch to pick up Horga'hns during the hunt.

Allow "Air Brakes" that stop a Toon when thrust is released.

Just press spacebar again when in position so you are not so close to ground and the floater remains active.
  • Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Either make the event shorter with less pearls to earn for the ship,or put in more things to do. two missions to earn favors it gets old real fast
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Biggest improvement to the Summer Event would be if there was a mail terminal somewhere near the bank and exchange in the resort.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    Out of curiosity, why do people even need a mail terminal? There is an icon next to your minimap that can access your mail where ever you are, whenever you like?

Is there something I'm missing?
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, why do people even need a mail terminal? There is an icon next to your minimap that can access your mail where ever you are, whenever you like?

Is there something I'm missing?

because we cannot gain items sent through mail through that, we require going to a terminal, which can be a pain since most social zones only have 1 or 2 (First City though has mail terminals to spare)
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    because we cannot gain items sent through mail through that, we require going to a terminal, which can be a pain since most social zones only have 1 or 2 (First City though has mail terminals to spare)

This, and the fact that with the new limit on mail attachments it's kinda imperative that we pick up expired exchange sale items as quickly as possible and when you really just want to camp out on Risa for the duration of the event not having a mail terminal is really annoying.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    Derp. Thanks.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Derp. Thanks.

It's a Monday. We'll let it go...this once. ;)
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    canis36 wrote: »
    This, and the fact that with the new limit on mail attachments it's kinda imperative that we pick up expired exchange sale items as quickly as possible and when you really just want to camp out on Risa for the duration of the event not having a mail terminal is really annoying.

Quoted for truth.

Now I have to pick the mail I send (or get) as fast as possible (meaning I have to change characters even more than before the mail limit was set).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While exploring the event map on foot, I had a vision of Kirk climbing Yosemite. And thought of how fun it would be to climb - albeit slowly - and have a Vacationer or two pause in their jet pack to heckle me. The only thing that would make the Risa map perfect for me would be a climbing mechanic. While I realize the jet packs and event missions are designed to complement one another, I would like to be able to climb some of the steeper regions of the map. I seriously considered hosting a Risa Orienteering club roleplay event. Climbing would have been perfect.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)