Install Arc
Options

Spawn camping the Station in C/H is not cool

2»

Comments

• Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I know that's a joke Roach - but C/H is different from Arena - sometimes you have to do it there just to get things over with - and the people respawning often are just farmers and not trying to get away from spawn point.

This was ganking plan and simple - caps were not being done to bring the numbers down.

Only time it change is when 5 more Feds Q'd in 5 min later and we drove the KDF gankers off.

But I play both sides KDF and Fed and I don't want this to be about a KDF issue - just a player behaviour issue.

Long winded reply for something you thought a joke.
    It was a statement related to what DDIS said about sometimes the match just needs to end.
    Mercy killings for all.
    I didnt mention klingons or feds or anybody by name.
    Sometimes TRIBBLE players enter pvp. Ive seen it in kerrat, arena and CnH.
    Sounds like it happened to you. Tommorow it may be a bunch of KDF being jumped by feds or next week some rommies may be dishing it out or taking it.
    It happens to everyone eventually and sometimes it happens alot.

I think its poor play as well but once again I was actually just commenting on DDIS remark.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I always find it amusing being called a camper anytime I'm over by the Fed SB blowing up the turrets for Turret Killer.

Always makes me laugh, especially since I usually totally ignore any Feds who are there anyways. Heck, once had it happen when it was the Feds camping instead, and I was behind their 'lines' still, and decided it was a good time to get Turret Killer done before going to cap more (since the Fed-ball was too tight to try and break by myself). Got called a camper, made me laugh.

but yeah, camping is never fun to deal with.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bobtheyak wrote: »
    It's quite an achievement for a fleet to have such a negative reputation that people can safely assume they're the ones spawn camping. For shame.
    We are KDF, we come in peace! Oh, and KDF are OP. We have BoP-s! Thank you Roddenberry! :P
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Come to the ridged side.
    We have brownies served by half naked Orions.

R.I.P
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm also in the KDF fleet known for spawn camping, I do it to in C&h sometimes, but am trying not to as much unless people keep hiding at the spawn. Sometimes I am not trying to camp the spawn but go to kill people leeching/AFKing at the spawn and fed players start attacking me and my team comes to help and it ends up as a big battle at the spawn and turns into a camp without it being intentional. Also there are people doing turret killer daily then they get attacked and end up fighting at the spawn.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i try to avoid camping and instant attacking after spawn. i fly on backside of spawn for turret killer and ignore feds attacking me there. i do the turrets and run (to grab some chasers ;D)...
    also i chase runners into spawn to finally blow em or get blown. if one of those cases hit, i'm out there.

mostly when i'm in a map with campers i ask them to stop it. y? because people are not getting attracted to pvp if its just a get killed/spawn/instantly killed/spawn -and so on- dil-grinder, nor they learn anything from it than that pvp seems to suck ^^ :(.
    they're getting attracted to pvp if they see any chance for them to participate. and if it's only that they just run for cap-points while elsewhere battles are fought.

camping/stomping bases mostly does not leave any chance. even if they got no chance in first place, why not let em play the game? not everyone can be a blow-up-hero and probably everyone of those heroes started how? getting blown ;D...
  • Options
    sneyepersneyeper Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As a KDF I get dilithium for destroying the turrets, killing the feds, and being killed. Regardless of who wins the cnh I get the same amount of dilithium. So it is more profitable for me to go to the base and put it under siege than any other location in game. If the feds are too inept to kill me, then I get less dilithium and feds cry about the evil Klingons - no one is happy.

So, to the feds I say "stop sucking so much"! Less tears and more dilithium!

On the camping matter, sieges have been accepted in warfare tactics for centuries. Last time I checked, the fed and kdf were at war. I shall accept your surrender at your base if you allow me to get that close.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sneyeper wrote: »
    Last time I checked, the fed and kdf were at war.

The Fed-KDF Conflict...

...ends at level 11 for Feds.
    ...ends at level 30 for KDF.
    ...ends at level 30 for Roms.

It ends later for the KDF than Feds because of the previous starting level for them.
    It ends later for the Roms than Feds because of their storyline playing out the way it does.

War was basically over before it started...
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As a KDF I get dilithium for destroying the turrets, killing the feds, and being killed. Regardless of who wins the cnh I get the same amount of dilithium. So it is more profitable for me to go to the base and put it under siege than any other location in game. If the feds are too inept to kill me, then I get less dilithium and feds cry about the evil Klingons - no one is happy.

On the camping matter, sieges have been accepted in warfare tactics for centuries. Last time I checked, the fed and kdf were at war. I shall accept your surrender at your base if you allow me to get that close.

It's a game, not a total war. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    snoge00f wrote: »
    It's a game, not a total war. :P

Total War: Star Trek

That'd be pretty nifty to have a Star Trek game along the lines of the Total War series.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Total War: Star Trek

That'd be pretty nifty to have a Star Trek game along the lines of the Total War series.

Only if I can play as Rome in it.. :P
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Only if I can play as Rome in it.. :P

Rome...Romulans.
    Shogun...KDF.
    Regular...Federation.
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited July 2013
    You people are missing the 1 major thing

8 KDF sitting there attacking 3 spawning FEDs = CHILDISH GANKING

there is no other way to describe it.

And not even 3 spawn at the same time at most 2 - so 8 vs 2

That is bad behaviour for a C/H - well anywhere for that matter - even if it had been Feds doing it.
  • Options
    sneyepersneyeper Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You people are missing the 1 major thing

there is no other way to describe it.

And not even 3 spawn at the same time at most 2 - so 8 vs 2

That is bad behaviour for a C/H - well anywhere for that matter - even if it had been Feds doing it.

So what happened to the other 5 or 6 feds? Capping and winning the game for big blue right? Wrong! Most of the time big blue is full of afkers looking for free dilithium.

So those 3 poor souls do indeed have honor for trying and fighting, but let's face it, we are just putting you out of your misery faster. Be mad at your teammates for afking, or for leaving at the first sign of disruptors, or even for the fact that we are merciless in our quest for dilithium without the afk. But 8vs3 doesn't "just happen", so I suggest you look to those who deserve the blame for that.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Not missing the point...just not agreeing with it. I see it as wrong, currently - because of bugs involved with respawning that puts the respawning at a greater disadvantage than they should be.

Otherwise, let's look at your example there.

How is that any different than 8 KDF attacking 3 Feds anywhere else on the map? They're likely going to strip buffs and they're going to outnumber their enemy. So how is it any different?

If the 8 KDF attacking the 3 Feds at the spawn is childish ganking - then so is the 8 KDF attacking the 3 Feds anywhere...

Heck, 3v1? Childish ganking? 2v1 w/ SNB? 1v1 w/ SNB?

While I generally prefer to have my opponent "good to go" while fighting them, that doesn't mean I don't enjoy flying my Sci Hegh'ta w/ 4x Sci BOFFs. Heck, you've got two Sci Fleet T'varo - I've got one of my own. Dropping out on somebody...is that childish ganking?

Can't remember if I said it in this thread or a similar thread, but STO PvP is pretty casual - there's no territory, no loss, no...no anything that would make me think of it as anything other than just some random pew pew fun. So there are certain things that I will not do.

Were this a different game...different type of PvP...outside of exploiting, I'd be right there with the rest of my side doing whatever it takes to win.

I don't know if it's because some folks haven't experienced that kind of PvP or they don't know how to distinguish between the two...or if it is just in their nature, but they're going to play to slaughter in STO PvP as well.

Would frown on it...have suggested ways in which Cryptic could cut down on it...but I wouldn't call it childish ganking.

Half the time it's a case of realizing they're just trying to win...half the time it's a case of kind of feeling bad for them. It's usually in the attitude - what's said - etc, etc, etc. It can be efficient and cold...or...they can be patting themselves on the back. How could you not feel sorry for those second guys? ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So what happened to the other 5 or 6 feds? Capping and winning the game for big blue right? Wrong! Most of the time big blue is full of afkers looking for free dilithium.

So those 3 poor souls do indeed have honor for trying and fighting, but let's face it, we are just putting you out of your misery faster. Be mad at your teammates for afking, or for leaving at the first sign of disruptors, or even for the fact that we are merciless in our quest for dilithium without the afk. But 8vs3 doesn't "just happen", so I suggest you look to those who deserve the blame for that.

2 things -

you don't have to sit at the spawn to make it "go faster" this is not a first to 15 kills - 3 feds are not going to do much to cap - that just an excuse many of you are making.

Second if I am doing turrent killer KDF side I don't need to engage any Feds -I can do it on the back side of the base.

Which brings out the afk issue for Feds - why don't they have more incentive to play?

No kill 10 KDF daily dilithium
    no turrent killer dilithium
    Can't remember if good luck charm applies to any 3 or just warzone

Still - you have a big disincentive for Feds to do anything - maybe THAT is a big part of the problem - guess we need to blame Cryptic.

Oh wait they want PvP to die - no that can't be they said next season or the one after that, or the one after that - i can't remember.

No these players were just shooting fish in a barrel because it was "fun" - yeah - drive more Feds away from PvP or into Afking - so who is to blame? That will leave KvK - what fun(cough)
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Guess you totally missed all the posts Virus did about power levels, gear, and crew? Kinda hard to fight back with no shield resistance....

oh and the dailies, I do them in kerrat...lots more fun.
  • Options
    allen78j20stoallen78j20sto Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I experienced this yesterday. I took it as a challenge to survive! Nothing like warping into a system, coming out of warp into a mess. It was fun! I'm not setup for pvp, so it was extra challenging. Ill keep on doing it until I'm a survivor lol
  • Options
    redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    K vs K. A big empty map with 10 BOP's flying around cloaked looking for someone to Alpha. But since that is the Klingons only offensive strategy no one will ever decloak and the match goes on forever.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    Guess you totally missed all the posts Virus did about power levels, gear, and crew? Kinda hard to fight back with no shield resistance....

Heh, I've got a massive Excedrin headache going from the stuff I've been doing in the APO thread.

I knew certain things were off because of zoning, respawning, logging in - but man oh man, the funkiness of the numbers that I've witnessed in testing things for that...yeah, I need to check on how many Excedrin I can safely take a day - and - it's still early, lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I experienced this yesterday. I took it as a challenge to survive! Nothing like warping into a system, coming out of warp into a mess. It was fun! I'm not setup for pvp, so it was extra challenging. Ill keep on doing it until I'm a survivor lol

Most times they could not catch my T'Varo - but to wait and subnuke - or make it so you can't cloak - drop mines/warp plasma and a bunch of things to stop movement. I really should have just afked at that point to - but I guess playing KDF for so long I got used to never doing that.

I am actually playing m Fed toon in PvP a lot more these days simply because it is more challenging:

less teamwork

less help

less healing

less numbers - aka - more afk

You really are out on your own more on Fed side - so my Sci T'Varo Torp boat in suited for that.

Perahps there should be a set amount of time after re-spawn that you are immume to any attack.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So it would have been fine if those 8 KDF had merely held back say 15km to allow those 3 feds to clear spawn before killing them?
    Check.
    Still I doubt those afkers afk becuase of the mean ol'KDF. Those leeches merely want thier DL and they dont care if they ruin anybodies game doing it.

R.I.P
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Most times they could not catch my T'Varo - but to wait and subnuke - or make it so you can't cloak - drop mines/warp plasma and a bunch of things to stop movement. I really should have just afked at that point to - but I guess playing KDF for so long I got used to never doing that.

I am actually playing m Fed toon in PvP a lot more these days simply because it is more challenging:

less teamwork

less help

less healing

less numbers - aka - more afk

You really are out on your own more on Fed side - so my Sci T'Varo Torp boat in suited for that.

Perahps there should be a set amount of time after re-spawn that you are immume to any attack.

Yeah even though I have fun with my KDF, I find myself still queueing for FvK on my fed or fed rom just for more challenge sometimes. Even I got camped for awhile by our KDF fleet but didn't use my being in their fleet to ask them to not camp me. Its part of the fun and i kill overzealous campers all the time. I try not to do it as much myself though now.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions