test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scimitar sturdiness/Scimitar self heals

gsdgdshgdshfgdsjgsdgdshgdshfgdsj Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Ive heard reports of others having trouble keeping their new scimitars alive in combat. While I didn't totally agree with them I did notice myself dying alot more than usual in mine.

I have been doing the fleet alerts in my new ship as often as possible and while doing this I watch my health and toolbars as much as I can.

So far the one thing I have noticed(this happens in both small and larger engagments) is that sometimes whenever I use a skill it auto targets whatever friendly happens to be in front of me be it my own plasma torpedo, shuttle, or friendly npc. This leads to the target getting the heal instead of myself the intended target. Usually if not always it is an npc object. This applies to tactical team, hazard emitters, science team and the like. Obviously if this is targeting those instead of myself when I really need them this would lead to the drastic loss in survivability that some people seem to be struggling with in thier new Schimitar. Keep in mind that I dont always see this happen but it does happen often enough to factor into almost every engadment I play in.

If anyone else has the time please look for this in their own ships especially the scimitar and see if you can repeat the problem I am having. If you can repeat it then the devs need a good bug report about what exactly is happening when it goes off.

Regards
Post edited by gsdgdshgdshfgdsj on

Comments

• Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You don't agree, but notice the same thing? :P

You may be right, but I'm pretty sure most of the time my TT failed I had an enemy targeted. Since TT can not be applyed to enemies it would have to be a "self".
  • Options
    gsdgdshgdshfgdsjgsdgdshgdshfgdsj Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just tested again and I am getting the same thing happening even when not in combat and have nothing targeted. Also when I make sure to target msyelf before using the skill by pressing F1 I still sometimes get an autotarget switch from msyelf to a friendly npc nearby which gives them the heals instead of my battered ship.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Just tested again and I am getting the same thing happening even when not in combat and have nothing targeted. Also when I make sure to target msyelf before using the skill by pressing F1 I still sometimes get an autotarget switch from msyelf to a friendly npc nearby which gives them the heals instead of my battered ship.

I may try this later when I'm home, but I don't use shortcut keys. I press the icons on the tray. So, for that to happen, when I select TT, it would have to junp to a friendly, apply, and then jump again to my first target. I haven't noticed that. Again, you may be right, but from my perspective, at least where TT is concerned, it doesn't seem to be a issue of where it is applyed.

And I've noticed that at times the damage the hull takes is just too great. It's like you don't have shields or resists in that moment.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    OK, I was able to test this out. I really didn't come to any (final) conclusion, but at times the target does jump to a friendly and applies the selected buff/debuff/whatever. I've had cases of applying TT to the drone ship while I had no targert selected and a ST to a plasma torpedo. However it does not happen all the time and does not account to the shield not regenerating issue because we can actually see the buff being applied (the animation over the ship). The times I experienced TT not doing anything to the shields, the TT animation showed it being applied to my ship, only it didn't (especially to the facing taking damage, the whole purpose of TT).
    Also, I seem to be getting way less issues since I traded the Scorpion fighters for the Advanced drones. It is possible that I have adapted my play style as well as I became more familiar with the issues, but it does seem to be some difference between having the SC or the AD equipped. Maybe others can test and see if they notice the same.
  • Options
    corvallecorvalle Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ive heard reports of others having trouble keeping their new scimitars alive in combat. While I didn't totally agree with them I did notice myself dying alot more than usual in mine.

I have been doing the fleet alerts in my new ship as often as possible and while doing this I watch my health and toolbars as much as I can.

So far the one thing I have noticed(this happens in both small and larger engagments) is that sometimes whenever I use a skill it auto targets whatever friendly happens to be in front of me be it my own plasma torpedo, shuttle, or friendly npc. This leads to the target getting the heal instead of myself the intended target. Usually if not always it is an npc object. This applies to tactical team, hazard emitters, science team and the like. Obviously if this is targeting those instead of myself when I really need them this would lead to the drastic loss in survivability that some people seem to be struggling with in thier new Schimitar. Keep in mind that I dont always see this happen but it does happen often enough to factor into almost every engadment I play in.

If anyone else has the time please look for this in their own ships especially the scimitar and see if you can repeat the problem I am having. If you can repeat it then the devs need a good bug report about what exactly is happening when it goes off.

Regards

No problems with my Scimitar. Maybe get better gear, review your skill tree choices, choose better BOFF abilities.

I run all fleet level weapons, either full MACO or Assimilated MK XII sets depending on what I am doing, and full mk XII very rare consoles including the 3 piece scimitar set and I have not yet blown up in this ship in either eSTF's or in solo play.