test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wanted: in game Mail DELETE ALL button and other options

yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
Since we can't delete our in game mails via the Forum anymore, i think it would be good to get a "delete all" button.
For example i trade very often on the exchange and i have LOT (something between five hundered and a thousand) of mails from the exchange in my mail.
Deleting them one by one is nearly impossible since my computer gets dangerously slow as soon as i open the in game mail.

I think i am not the only one who would find it handy to get a "delete All" button for the in game mail system.

Thank you for reading.
"...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
(also applies to Star Trek in general)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    That definitely would be nice! In most cases, I just want to delete Exchange spam though so maybe the ability to selected the messages I want to delete and be able to delete them that way would also be nice.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Oh yes.... this would be lovely. But having ingame and forum mail hooked up again would be nicer still!:D
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Oh yes.... this would be lovely. But having ingame and forum mail hooked up again would be nicer still!:D
    That would definitely be helpful!

Thank you for reading.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I''d just want the ability to read mail on this website to work again.
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ye gods YES.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • mnichoumnichou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Instead "delete all" button i would rather see button to just delete all mails with subject: "Item sold in the exchange.". If that is to hard to implement then just "delete all" would be sufficient.

Of course in game mail system merged with web page was great, it would be awesome to have it back.

Its just very important to be able to delete that spam mails from sold items.
  • tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    how about simply "delete all checked" so that you have more control over what is deleted with a mass check/uncheck option.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Maybe there is a way to ignore the exchange so it can't send mail to you? :rolleyes:
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    Maybe there is a way to ignore the exchange so it can't send mail to you? :rolleyes:

Report spam? :P
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    tfomega wrote: »
    how about simply "delete all checked" so that you have more control over what is deleted with a mass check/uncheck option.

This. Would really like to see this happen. Opening up mail is a pain as my PC grinds to a halt trying to display a window with them all in it.

Also, perhaps a "Collect All Items" button so one doesn't have to wade through masses of emails trying to find the ones with "attachments". Or better yet, have an "attachment" column that you can sort by, so you can quickly see mails with uncollected items in them. After collection the attachment icon disappears.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Also, on a side note, it would save us a lot of deleting if sold items on the exchange didn't get their own mail, and exchange expiries had to be physically picked up at an exchange console, rather than dumped in a mail of which only one character (which may no longer exist) can see the attachment, leading to deleted gear which then sometimes seemingly magically resurrect themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    Also, on a side note, it would save us a lot of deleting if sold items on the exchange didn't get their own mail, and exchange expiries had to be physically picked up at an exchange console, rather than dumped in a mail of which only one character (which may no longer exist) can see the attachment, leading to deleted gear which then sometimes seemingly magically resurrect themselves.

This too please.
  • chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can we get an update on this please? I would also like to be able to "delete all" of my mail.
  • ha99ardha99ard Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    /signed

would be great if they added something like this!
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Necro posting ftw.

Anyways a way to check which mail you would like to delete then to delete all selected mail would be nice.
    edited July 2013
    haha yeah sorry about the necro, I was googling the issue and this is what I found so I thought hey, why not post here :)
  • pugdaddypugdaddy Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree. Add an easy way to delete the mail that we don't care about. I only want mail if it returns an unsold item I had in Exchange.
  • misslithanymisslithany Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "Yes, rise my undead children, slay the living and....oh sorry wrong game"

On a serious note:

Wouldn't a button that deletes all mail without attachments be the best way to go. This way you can quickly get rid of all those annoying "item sold on exchange" notices without accidently deleting items.
    edited July 2013
    agreed misslithany... now if we could only get the dev's attention!
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    voporak wrote: »

Long time ago i send a friend invite to the exchange (still pending), so i think you can also ignore it (you will lose your unsold items i think)
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey all.

I dunno if its just me but i cba to delete a mail as soon as i get it and it piles up. So of course when you get a long list of "item sold" and it clogs up your mail listing you kinda get annoyed that you cant select multiple mails and then do a one key deletion like you would in say thunderbird..

So i would like to ask for more mail sorting and deleting options such as mass delete and multiple select for deletion options.

Anyone with me here? As deleting one by one mails of item sold, is a pain in the bum and takes like 20 mins to do a long list of em.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    im having the worst time with it. each time i access mail to retrive items, it goes to old mail
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A delete button...Gods!!!! Make our lives easier...
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow, i didn know that this thread still exists. :)

I think there shouldn't be a "delete all" - Button but a "Delete all empty Mail" - Button.

So items that are being send back from the exchange wouldn't be deleted, but everything else would be cleared.

A tale of two Picards
  • wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "Delete all" mail option button...yes, ...please, yes.
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why stop at the mail terminal.

1) Inventory
    - Add a right-click option to all items in inventory (maybe even bank) to "keep in inventory"
    - Give me a discard/sell all option.

Much less time spend at vendors, and much smoother flying when in loot intensive missions. or low on inventory space.

Better for your fps too. and retrieval of accidental deletions work like it does now via "retireve"tab

2) Doffs/rep/base
    Same principle s.a. While doff, boff, and pet storage needs an overhaul period. The same idea could work here too.

- let me tag certain doffs as not for donation
    - give me a fill all option (this includes commodities, doffs, marks, DIl, etc)

• vardariotaivardariotai Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow, people keep coming up with good ideas I just couldn't keep up or suggest anything!

So, I was here because I'm having a bad time trying to delete Exchange spams. I'm a silver player, I played this game since the first day it went f2p, My first exchange mail was on February 19th, 2012. Since that day, I've been bulk selling items, 10-20 items at once for all these times, assuming I ran to exchange 5 times a day & I put 10 items at a time, I must have almost 28k mails by now & about 99% of them came from exchange about my items being sold ,and since Cryptic got a smart idea to make each mail has the cap down to 300, so it'll be great if there's something to make deleting mails a lot easier, Delete all is nice, but I want to keep that 1% just in case I slipped on the expired exchange mails.
  • brandonbeemishbrandonbeemish Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi all,
    I've been struggling with this problem for years now, of not being able to delete multiple emails at once, and doing the "click-enter-enter" system to get rid of them. I haven't been able to email doffs between my guys because of a jammed inbox (the doffs get hidden because the system prioritizes Exchange emails for some awesome reason). I lost a fleet ship module in my Mail, about a year ago. I frequently load up my three characters' Exchanges with 40 things for sale each, so there are thousands of emails in my inbox.

I thought, what if there was a program that automated keystrokes and mouse strokes? There is. It's called AutoMe. It's free. I think it's chinese. You program it with a sequence of three steps: where on the screen you want your cursor to click, followed by two "enters." Then assign a hotkey to start and stop (I used F9 and F11). When you're in STO, hit the F9 to "go" (your mouse click coordinates have to be lined up properly) and the program will start deleting all your mails really fast. You have to watch it because if you're like me, your lost items will still be somewhere in there and you don't want them deleted. It's not so fast you can't stop the deleting madness in time. I don't think I lost anything. It took me about 5 minutes to delete many, many emails. Did it for all my guys. It's quite easy to set up and fascinating to see your inbox empty out.

Thanks all,
    -B
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "Quick get the camera! I think I just spotted the rare double necro. Aint she a beauty?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • chillor1988chillor1988 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why don't they do it like on every OS explorer folder you have?

Select multiple messages with CTRL down (or SHIFT for the selected TO the clicked one) and then delete for deleting those messages.
    OR
    Do it like in Neverwinter (yeah cryptic CAN do it if they want) and bring up a website for deleting / reading / managing your mails.