Install Arc
Options

Romulan drone ship

2»

Comments

• Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, we won't see it morph into a Borg Cube? -- darn ;)
    (Probably morph into a Borg Probe.)

Good guess. it DOEs morph into a borg Probe.. but i dont care.. damn thing flies around doing almost as much damage as any other ship in there.. and i mean ship, not fighters.. its a potent little weapon. In a Deep Space encounter i ran earlier today it morphed into an elachi cruiser.. was quite amusing ..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    stongbadsstongbads Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just think of all the fun that the Devs can have on April Fools day with these drones. Have them morph into other ships like the Firefly.
  • Options
    cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tell if anyone tries one against the Undine, Acamarians, or Feklhri please. Just curious.

Tried v 8472. It turns into the Nicor class.
    Cehus.png
  • Options
    jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I got the adv version soon as it came out. Drones are nice pets, very useful good dmg over all. Their FAW takes out stray fighters/torps. I really want to see the elite version of them though.
  • Options
    msk5msk5 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Apparently some of the ships it can turn into aren't so small. Versus some Cardassians I had one transform into a Hideki, which is what I expected, and the other transform into a freaking Galor.

I laughed.
  • Options
    johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They will turn into any frigate class equivalent, as for there damage there better than even the Tholian Frigate pets, and there bloody lethal, have had my 2 squadrons strip a shipyard on cure. Have yet to realy test my Drones fully, still working out the best way to get around the current shield issues.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I blew up at Kerrat beside a Drone Ship, catching him right square in my warpcore explosion and while he took massive damage he survived!
  • Options
    johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok tested the drone ships, as Borg, there so daft, I watched as my two psuedo probes proceded to demolish what ever they attacked, there tropedo strike, what ever it is, tears chunks out of stuff, supposidly its a HYT, but I wish my HYT did that much damage.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • Options
    mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In Federation Minefield with my KDF-Rom, the drones turned into NX class ships! Very entertaining to watch a pair of 'NXs' demolish modern Federation ships.
  • Options
    voxiusvoxius Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I got my dreadnaught pack the first day it came out...But the day before that I got my tal shiar adapted battle cruiser. Which wasn't easy. I broke my EC bank and my refined dili getting keys for the last bit of lobi I needed so when I got my dreadnaught pack I didn't have the dili required to get the drones.

I rectified that yesterday and I have been absolutely loving it. The drones are beastly in combat. If there were more pet control options, you could easily have them demolishing other ships while you focus on something but as it is they'll switch targets to whatever you're attacking (if there's a way around this, or pet control tips in general please let me know.)
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    voxius wrote: »
    I got my dreadnaught pack the first day it came out...But the day before that I got my tal shiar adapted battle cruiser. Which wasn't easy. I broke my EC bank and my refined dili getting keys for the last bit of lobi I needed so when I got my dreadnaught pack I didn't have the dili required to get the drones.

I rectified that yesterday and I have been absolutely loving it. The drones are beastly in combat. If there were more pet control options, you could easily have them demolishing other ships while you focus on something but as it is they'll switch targets to whatever you're attacking (if there's a way around this, or pet control tips in general please let me know.)

I've been watching my drones act totally autonomously sine i installed them. Its almost like having my own miniature attack group. I'll be handling probes ( where i need the drones ) and they'll up and start shooting nanite generators or the gateway itself.. It can be a bit annoying, especially with the increased number of probes that get spat out after each of the generators are taken down.
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Wow its like having a dozen types of fleet pets for the price of one!

Given the Drones can turn into federation Mirandas and NX ships I'm surprised the Feds are freaking out that the Romulans get access to federation frigates and they don't!
  • Options
    toby1kanobitoby1kanobi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    voxius wrote: »

Launch them whist you have no target selected and do not use any hanger command, they will wander off and kill whatever makes them happy

ESTF send them off to kill a hangers probes, they can clear one completyl for you. In regular Stf set them to intercept the kang and forget it is there, it will be perfectly safe for the duration
  • Options
    toby1kanobitoby1kanobi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    GWhilst im not new to the game having 3 pretty well built toons i am relativly new to pets with only a few small forrays in to carriers as guidance. Do any skills of my own alter the pets .for eg, will my pets benefit from my weapons training and torp skill points
  • Options
    marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    From what I have seen from my own drone ship

Andorian ship and Miranda at same time in Federation Minefield
    Miranda in Mirror Invasion
    Borg Probe in Elite STF missions
    Tholian Widow Fighter in The Vault: Ensnared
    Jem'Hadar Attack Ship in Defense Contract

I like the Drone ships they do some nice damage and have some nice abilities.
  • Options
    sardociansardocian Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is there an Elite version of the Drone ship? My fleet doesn't have a tier 5 comm array yet, so can't check myself :(

If so, what are the improvements?
  • Options
    seitei1seitei1 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The confuse skill hits Lv2, The other moves hit Lvl 3, as I recall.
  • Options
    sardociansardocian Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    seitei1 wrote: »
    The confuse skill hits Lv2, The other moves hit Lvl 3, as I recall.

Cool, so it exists? :)

Now I just need to buy access to a Tier 5 fleet (again).. *sigh
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    GWhilst im not new to the game having 3 pretty well built toons i am relativly new to pets with only a few small forrays in to carriers as guidance. Do any skills of my own alter the pets .for eg, will my pets benefit from my weapons training and torp skill points

Pets do benefit from skills, but which skills depends on the pet,go onto sto wiki and look at the abilities of the drone ships and make your best guess as I don't know what skills would benifit them.