Install Arc
Options

Fashion show!

2»

Comments

• Options
    graemorhomegraemorhome Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If we gain entry, how will we know the Risa Event instance in which the fashion show will occur?
  • Options
    iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    K'Vork@iskandus would like to sign up for Formal (Off Duty) category please.

Thanks
  • Options
    larkraylarkray Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As we were unable to get enough participants, sadly this event is off for now. I will try again at a future date, so keep an eye out for it!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    :( <-- Sad Face
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    larkray wrote: »
    As we were unable to get enough participants, sadly this event is off for now. I will try again at a future date, so keep an eye out for it!

Sorry to hear, lol I was actually looking forward to this.

And a tip: I think to make it successful cancelling like this is not how to do it.

Rather do it anyway, and say "Well hey, sorry that so few turned up, but hopefully we get more next time." :)
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    idrona wrote: »
    Sorry to hear, lol I was actually looking forward to this.

And a tip: I think to make it successful cancelling like this is not how to do it.

Rather do it anyway, and say "Well hey, sorry that so few turned up, but hopefully we get more next time." :)
    I do agree with this. There are currently 17 potential contestants, with all but one category having enough entrants to carry on the show. There is still ample time for other folks to sign up. :)
    It's small, player-run events like this that keep the community interesting.
  • Options
    yaxelayaxela Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pity. I have created the best outfit I have ever seen.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd have done it.
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, gee, thanks guys... If you say your going to hold an event, HOLD THE EVENT!

Better to have held the event and no one showed up, then not to have held it at all..

And I'll bet a few thousand EC got spent at tailors to prep for the event by participants.. I know I did. You got at least 3 participants in what 5 catagories, and I'm sure several of us would have been glad to have dropped into a second catagory. I would have certainly been ready to sign up for the party catagory as I was likely the first person that figured out how to use the risian flower accents to turn standard orion wear into a bikini.

STO oriented Net radio stations that stage regular events can count on up to 30 participants showing up and they tend to do the same events every week on a regular scedule.. And thats the popular ones!

I won't bother showing up for the next attept at a fashion show you put on because I can count on the sponsors of the event flaking out now... I'm also certain that there are people that signed up that are going to come to a fashion show thats not there. Thats phenominally discourteous to them.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited July 2013
    it looks like we had enough people to make it fun..
    its kind of lame to cancel it on the day its supposed to run.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    misslillicaluxmisslillicalux Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm sad that the event was cancelled. I hope it will be rescheduled for the near future!
  • Options
    larkraylarkray Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Two things:

One, I love how this post got MORE responses per hour after the competition would have run, than before hand.

Two: To you children who now want to throw a temper tantrum about the event being canceled, I have two questions for you: Why didn't you sign up before hand? Why didn't you help pass the message onto your fleet members? And the one who complained about spending a few thousand credits? Seriously? You make more than that in about 10 minutes of game-play, at level ONE... Please, find something realistic to b**** about if you're going to complain. And as I said already, it will be rescheduled in the future.

edit: On a side note, there were 17 sign ups, and several of those came after the cut off time, and a few of them were canceled but never removed, hoping that it might spur more people to sign up if there were more names. I wanted 30, but would have settled for 20. That makes it an actual show, and not a bunch of idiots running around Risa board walk.

second edit: I would love it if a mod could lock this thread before it turns into a hater flame attempt from the kids who didn't get their way. Thanks.