test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

C-Store Missing Link

mosaic06mosaic06 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
Hiya, so um on STO online, yep this site :)

I no longer have a link to the C-Store, its um gone to Risa for a holiday !!

Any idea on how I access the C-store? the only links in the store drop down menu are

Legacy Pack

Upgrade to Gold (which I am already)

and Lifetime Offers

Thanks

ps. I am logged in
Post edited by mosaic06 on

Comments

• Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's gone like old Romulus - appearantly, the C-Store went to In-Game only during the June 5th updates. Don't feel bad, I couldn't figure out where it had gone either until I was on the wiki and noticed that fact in the article on the Cryptic Store.

Nice to have been told about it, huh?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    retepeladretepelad Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    http://launcher.startrekonline.com/store will get you in to look, but not purchase.
  • Options
    mosaic06mosaic06 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thanks guys, thought it was me going mad :)
  • Options
    retepeladretepelad Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ah - seems like the web team removed that shortcut. Worked yesterday, but not today.
  • Options
    arkangelcastielarkangelcastiel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    not being able to purchase things over this site is a pain. in the game you cant buy items before your the right level but here you could giving them money as you go but they must not want the extra cash
  • Options
    bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    not being able to purchase things over this site is a pain. in the game you cant buy items before your the right level but here you could giving them money as you go but they must not want the extra cash
    yes, of course, they don't want more money. :rolleyes:

The issue was that it took extra time away from both the game devs and the web devs to keep both systems talking each time there was an update. It was just another thing that had to be continually tested and fixed. Keeping the store in-game makes things much easier, and gives both teams more time to do something useful.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    retepelad wrote: »
    http://launcher.startrekonline.com/store will get you in to look, but not purchase.

It seems to just take you to sto.perfectworld.com. I guess that closed that path too now.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    cyberglum11cyberglum11 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This seems like an absolutely crazy decision financially. I cannot believe maintaining the sync between the in-game store and its website counterpart was not worth the time. Obviously Cryptic have the numbers, but I would put money on it that they have lost a significant amount of income from people not spending money on the website c-store during work lunch breaks etc.
  • Options
    nephilim83nephilim83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How can I buy things on a whim if I can't get into the freaking store from my browser? Cryptic really needs to fix this. I was about to drop $50 on the Scimitar pack, but now I can't until I get home and play the game. By then I'll have talked myself out of it. I'm broke, guys. You got to catch me when I'm vulnerable.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, at least a view of available items, even without the buy button would be nice. Wanted to look up the prices for acount bank slots again, which I can't until later in game, where I usually get distracted into not buying something.
    Well, maybe the new Arc launcher will push these things on me.... IF I'd use that. ;)
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg